Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:14 AM

Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia (1315 Views)

Dangote Moves To Purchase 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia / Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu / Shipping From Indonesia To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Antoeni(m): 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2020
Dangote Group has concluded plans to purchase 10,000 light pickup trucks.

SPONSORED

But the company appears to have shunned Nigerian carmaker, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing, IVM, as trucks are coming in from Indonesia.

Putu Juli Ardika, the Indonesian Director of Maritime Industry, Transportation Equipment and Defense Equipment, the vehicles would be purchased by Aliko Dangote through his company, Dangote Group.

Ardika explained that the trucks would be imported into Nigeria to serve as means of transportation to rural communities.

He said the vehicles would be used by farmers and others in Nigeria’s agricultural value chain, to transport water, cassava, and seed processors.

“Dangote’s team will check three units as a sample to be brought to Africa at the end of January.

“The trucks are set to be exported over five years, with 1,000 units to be exported this year and next year,” Putu said.

https://www.nijaeyegermany.com/2020/01/business-dangote-shuns-innoson-orders-10000-trucks-from-indonesia/

Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Antoeni(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
Dangote owes nobody an explanation on who he patronises. His money, his decision.
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Antoeni(m): 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
What’s any body’s in his choice?. Did innoson beg for patronage from dangote?. 99 percent of you here don't buy made in Nigeria goods. The shirt ur wearing, is it made with Nigerian local materials? The phone ur using, is it Nigerian? Many of the gadgets ur using are Chinese made. Please its non of ur biz being hypocritical by castigating another person when u are guilty of same in ur little way mbok. We have truck/bucket manufacturing plants for years and even car assembly plants, how many people patronize them in Nigeria without buying used vehicles instead? Instead other Afrcan countries are their major markets. So stop the hypocrisy. Change begins with you.
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Tocheagle(m): 11:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
I don't see this as a problem. Personally speaking as an igbo man, no single PRIVATE construction done by any Easterner should use dangote cement. No Easterner should use any of his products, its a thing of choice. Ignore my product, I ignore your products, thats the rule of the game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by daewoorazer(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Antoeni:
Dangote owes nobody an explanation on who he patronises. His money, his decision.

Stop saying what you don’t know.

And yes he owns the Nigerian lot explanations. Since he can’t patronize Nigerian made, he should also start expecting Indonesians to start patronizing his cement, indomie, etc.

He could have approached Innoson and make a deal with them if he doesn’t believe in their products. Some legal arrangements should be put in place just in case.

I’m sure he bought forex to invest in another economy...

Don’t always blame politicians for shortcomings in economy

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Tomide007: 12:08am On Jan 11, 2020
Dangote is a businessman. if it is cheaper to order from Innosson, why won't he? Dangote has his own Automobile company (Dangote Sinotruk automobiles) and he abandoned it. soo what the f......?
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Akalia(m): 1:33am On Jan 11, 2020
He's got some beef with Innoson
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 11, 2020
Innosson wey sabi hike Price!? Dude had to save cost. Besides, Dangote has the right to patronize whoever he likes. No sentiments. It's business, not personal.
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by yusluvad(m): 6:21am On Jan 11, 2020
Big man Dangote...
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 11, 2020
daewoorazer:

And yes he owns the Nigerian lot explanations. Since he can’t patronize Nigerian made, he should also start expecting Indonesians to start patronizing his cement, indomie, etc.

He could have approached Innoson and make a deal with them if he doesn’t believe in their products. Some legal arrangements should be put in place just in case.

Bless you Sir! If Dangote lacks faith or won't encourage made in Nigeria trucks,why did his products flood d market,, sugar, salt, flour,cement(made sure others like eagle cement,ibeto cement got ousted)... Dansa juice, then Dangote seasoning cubes...shebi Indonesians would consume/patronize his goods.
I hope he exports his goods to Indonesia,, when Nigerians are enriching him ,yet, he won't support his fellows.
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2020
goldony:

Bless you Sir! If Dangote lacks faith or won't encourage made in Nigeria trucks,why did his products flood d market,, sugar, salt, flour,cement(made sure others like eagle cement,ibeto cement got ousted)... Dansa juice, then Dangote seasoning cubes...shebi Indonesians would consume/patronize his goods.
I hope he exports his goods to Indonesia,, when Nigerians are enriching him ,yet, he won't support his fellows.
I used to reason with this igbos but you guys are getting anoyying with all the stupid comments you make na by force to buy innoson, haba anyting northerners or even westerners do una dey like oppose.
Before anyone qoute me first compere the standard of vehcles dangote bought with your so called innoson.
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 11, 2020
daewoorazer:

I will not encourage nigerians to patronize any igbo made products becuse at the end of the day una go start to they shout "what can afonja and aboki do, we need to divide this country, even dangote and otedola are using our vehcles, without innoson dangote business will crumble,"
Re: Dangote Shuns Innoson, Orders 10,000 Trucks From Indonesia by bestxperience: 10:12am On Jan 13, 2020
Dangote could not afford the price of Innoson Trucks so he opted for cheap fairly used Indonesian trucks
[b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

BETKING Cannot Pay Out Winnings. A Billion Dollar Company Fr / Earn 30% Of Your Investment In 20 Days In Cryptoconxult. / Your Personal VTU Portal( Your Gold Mine),Earn Back Frm Ur Everyday Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.