Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:28 PM

Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner - Foreign Affairs (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner (74603 Views)

Iran Says Nothing Will Be Left In Israel If It Dares To Attack Iranian Territory / Iran Says It Struck Bases Of A Dissident Militant Group In Pakistan(photos) / Iran Says UAE, Bahrain Will Bear The Severe Consequences Of Israel Deals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2020
powerblaze:

Den go dash bokoharam by mistake

Dem do dat, dat is gbagam for you and me and for all Nigerians.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Faber(m): 10:51am On Jan 11, 2020
Shibaraba:
No be all toys Pikin dey use play.
Pikin fit play with spoon we go leave am
He fit play with plate we go look am
When he start to play with knife na that time elders dey join mouth collect am.
For if he no use am wound others he go use am wound himself
If he cry and him parents put mouth the elders go gather correct the parents. Beat the Pikin join sef so that he no go use

I don't need to explain this

I think say u be real niggar only... I no even know say be real elder sef...

Iran don score an own and u know say VAR no dey cancel own goal.

Trump just dey laugh Iran in 3D...make them arrange delegation to go beg Trump.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lexy2014: 10:53am On Jan 11, 2020
Okemmuo1:

Saudi Arabia have gotten hit by missiles from Iran and pro Iranian rebels

Missiles have rained in Israel several times during tensions, they didn't shoot down planes rather they shot down Iranian drone, Pakistan targeted Indian military jet during tension not passenger plane, North Korea have threatened to attack US territory(Guam) with nuclear weapon etc

If you don't know all these, them me and you have no business here discussing this, you know nothing about international politice etc

The Malaysian airlines that was shot down in Ukraine was shot down by pro-Russian separatists, not from responsible government.

This was ur initial comment:

"Why didn't planes get shot down in South Korea or Japan during military tensions with North Korea?
Countries like the US, Russia, Japan, China, South Korea, Israel, Saudi Arabia, India etc have their defense system active 24/7 ".

But pls compare it with ur last paragraph. U ended up contradicting urself.

Pls which "missiles have rained in Israel several times during tensions"? Who fired d missiles?

If "Pakistan targeted Indian military jet during tension not passenger plane", were was d Indian military jet when it was targeted?

"North Korea have threatened to attack US territory(Guam) with nuclear weapon etc"

Is a threat d same thing as actually firing a missile? Once again, u have added e.t.c. can u pls expantiate on that?

Pls when did "Saudi Arabia have gotten hit by missiles from Iran"?

With ur vast knowledge in international politics, these issues shouldn't be a problem for you to expantiate
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by DelilahMakinde(f): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

Since u say its relevant, tell me how it is relevant to d discussion. Don't run yet, fire down. Am really interested in what u have to say

My crush is picking me up in 10 minutes to check out his brand new place at Amen Estate, eleko.
Maybe another time sweety...gtg
kiss
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by lexy2014: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2020
DelilahMakinde:

My crush is picking me up in 10 minutes to check out his brand new place at Amen Estate, eleko.
Maybe another time sweety...gtg
kiss

How is ur private life relevant to d discussion?

1 Like

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by guiddoti: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2020
Intentional act of anger.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by crownwealth: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2020
Trump2020:

If Nigerian intelligence is as wise as you, we won't be having terrorists running around our country. See how you are able to unmask a potential terrorist from a single post.

I swear that dude is a potential terrorist

grin
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Okemmuo1: 10:57am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

U mentioned South Korea, Japan, North Korea, US, Russia, Japan, China, South Korea, Israel, Saudi Arabia, India etc, that is 11 countries (with etc) and all u could come up with was just one instance in which d missile was shot "over" not at Japan.

.Now I understood what you mean.
Until missiles that passed through Japanese airspace land in Japan or Korea before they will have reason to shoot down passenger plane,

Japan is the only country in the world that have been attacked with nuclear bomb and are still getting threat of atomic and hydrogen bombs yet they go around doing their business.

US didn't attack Iran in Iranian territory,
The world don't give a damn if Iran shot down US drone or military jet because it's their right to do so.

Iran intentionally shot down the plane,
Iran is too good to make such mistake,

I like Iran for one thing, they are good at science and technology,
What I don't like about Iran is forcing her citizens to follow Islamic religious laws.
Their leaders are religious extremists.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by SmartyPants(m): 11:01am On Jan 11, 2020
gr8keeng:
that is why no one should pray for war.... there was a heightened tension in the region and the Iranians mistook the plane for an aggressor so they shot it down, now innocent lives are gone..... both sides are guilty of this.

No, Iran and solely Iran is guilty of this horrible act of irresponsibility. In this day and age you have no right to operate weapons if you cannot distinguish a passenger aircraft that has just taken off from your own airport, from fighter jets coming from outside.

Not only did they shoot the plane down, for days they lied and lied about it and insinuated that the fault lay with the Airline.

The fault lies entirely with Iran and they should be made to pay a huge price.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by philip0906(m): 11:08am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

Y shouldn't I mention 1988? Did I use your mouth to mention it? If it was Iran that shot down a plane in 1988, would u prefer to sweep it under d carpet citing advancement in military technology? With all d US military sophistication and technology, y couldn't it kill d Taliban commander without killing an extra 60 innocent lives?

Like I said, am not debating whether d US is stronger than Iran militarily. U are itching for that debate and am not interested in it. D topic is about human lives not about who is stronger or about who is weaker
Which human lives are you saying is sacrosanct?

Tell that to Iran who blew it's citizens away.

America is fighting for EVERY single American. Id it involves taking the lives of citizens of other countries, then it is totally valid.

Iran on the other hand claiming to defend her citizens, is killing her citizens in their droves.

So tell that bull to Iran.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Ashley86400: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2020
IneedOT:
Face of Felix , Nairaland dead meat seler
I don't get. .
Does he sell dead meat?
Or is he a meat seller that just died?
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by loswhite(m): 11:11am On Jan 11, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Remember in 1998, the USA did worse than this. They killed innocent children.
Cc blowjohn 11doubledee OPTIMUSPRIME08 charliboy654 loswhite

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/stories-44614512/when-the-us-shot-down-an-iranian-airliner
from it is fake News to 1988....lol. Your stupidity knows no bound
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by philip0906(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

If it was Iran that shot down a passenger plane 32years ago, u wouldn't wish it of as an inconsequential event. D important thing is that innocent lives were lost and someone was responsible and in this instance, its d US. D problem with ur argument is that when d US kills innocent lives, it is justified but when Iran does it even in error, it is terrorism.

Even ur excuse that d reason 4d 1988 incident was because their technology wasn't advanced, further contradicts ur claims. because with d "Technology and military sophistication that has advanced", d US is still killing innocent souls just like it has been doing in Afghanistan.

Human life is sacrosanct and u can't justify d killing of innocent souls because d US did it. Y did their "advanced technology and military sophistication" not prevent d death of d 60lives? Are d 60 souls unimportant because they were killed by d US? If it was Iran that killed those people in error, would u say it was justified?
If killing 60 civilians to kill one terrorist, further protects an American citizen and make the world at large a safer place, America doesn't give a fvck.

Can same be said of Iran? No!! Iran cannot even guarantee it's citizens their own safety not to talk of protecting them.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by KingAzubuike(f): 11:13am On Jan 11, 2020
loswhite:
from it is fake News to 1988....lol. Your stupidity knows no bound
Get out of here my friend. Look at this thing.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Princewell2012(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2020
CutieKing:
That's the point....they have equipments they obviously lack the technical know how to operate.Their so called Russian advanced radar couldn't identify passenger plane from that of military.
God forbid war breaks out,Iran would just kill all their citizens thinking they are targeting an enemy.so sad.
More reason they have no business having a nuclear weapons.

Don't mind them. It is intentional, they knows the plane belongs to America, that how they wanted to vent their grievances. They cannon attack Americans directly. You see you don't really know Arab. The that died is a very important personality to them. And blood must be shed to assuaged their anger. That's what they did. And again what make you think they were denying it earlier? Iran surely identifies passengers plane from military plane. Take that from me.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Femeto: 11:16am On Jan 11, 2020
Iran is a terror nation let's Eradicate them now.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Kolping: 11:17am On Jan 11, 2020
Iranian-Canadians dance, cheer and celebrate death of top general in Iran
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/toronto/article-iranian-canadians-dance-cheer-and-celebrate-death-of-top-general-in/
LIAM CASEY
TORONTO
THE CANADIAN PRESS
PUBLISHED JANUARY 3, 2020

Several dozen Iranian-Canadians danced and cheered in Toronto on Friday as they celebrated the death of a top Iranian general in Iraq in Toronto, Jan. 3, 2020. Gen. Qassem Soleimani was the head of Iran's elite Quds Force, and was killed in Baghdad, Iraq, late Thursday.
---

Most killed in the crash were Iranians with Canadian citizenship.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Sterope(f): 11:17am On Jan 11, 2020
That is not the story. They are not cleaning up any mess. They are killing people. They are not the good guys. They are as bad as the creations. They are not different from the terrorists they created. Their allies are also funding their creations.

We create this divide to treat US military and the Terrorists differently when everything stemmed out from the same root.

saajus:
US military won't even treat civilian casualties alone, they also treat those wounded bad guys. My Brother, sometimes those Commanders have to take tough decisions in split seconds. What will you do in this scenario:
5 dangerous Terrorists have a good solid plan that will take out 500 people in the next 5minutes. From the intelligence you gathered, there is no way you can arrest them alive cos they are also suicide bombers. These terrorists are living with 3 civilians. These civilians know they are bad guys but they just can't report them because they are close relatives (father, mother, brother). Your rocket can get to them in 2mins but it may take out their 3 family members with them. If you want to send a team of Soldiers it will take 30mins to drive. Remember in 5 mins, they will kill 500 people.

-- I know that scenario is not really well composed. Just want you to have a snippet of what those Commanders are going through in the hands of terrorists in the middle east that don't even value their own lives, talkless of family members.

Tbh, I am not in full support of them going to that region in the first place but they are there now and they have to clean up the mess.

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Okemmuo1: 11:18am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

"Why didn't planes get shot down in South Korea or Japan during military tensions with North Korea?
Countries like the US, Russia, Japan, China, South Korea, Israel, Saudi Arabia, India etc have their defense system active 24/7 ".

Pls which "missiles have rained in Israel several times during tensions"? Who fired d missiles?

If "Pakistan targeted Indian military jet during tension not passenger plane", were was d Indian military jet when it was targeted?

"North Korea have threatened to attack US territory(Guam) with nuclear weapon etc"

Is a threat d same thing as actually firing a missile? Once again, u have added e.t.c. can u pls expantiate on that?

With ur vast knowledge in international politics, these issues shouldn't be a problem for you to expantiate

I don't have your time and I won't open my laptop because of this,

Iran is responsible for the missile attack on Saudi oil facility, Iran denied it, pro Iranian group claimed responsibility but the experts that investigated it said Iran is responsible for the attack, that mere terrorist couldn't carry out such sophisticated attack.

I should tell you groups that always attack Israel with missiles, including mortars and rockets?

In fact I no longer have your time
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by dominusgai(m): 11:19am On Jan 11, 2020
Please, how has Israel done worse? Do expatiate as you guys will be pedalling nonsense.
Empiree:
Israel done worse but what did you say at that?. You robbed their back
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by BTCog: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2020
sotall:
Just imagine!

I am really shocked that this is true.

Which kain yeye mistake be that?

You only have ballistic missiles now and you are mis-firing, what about when you now have nuclear weapons?

. Trump knew the truth. No wonder he said that as long as he remains US President, Iran will never have nuclear weapons. In fact, I want to hear Trump's response.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:23am On Jan 11, 2020
Iran Sacrificed About 200 souls on board just to avenge a soul! That's just too bad and wrong on every level.
Iran should never be allowed to have nuclear weapon.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by MiltonFine: 11:23am On Jan 11, 2020
I still believe this was no accident. I maintain that downing the plane was intentional. There's a sick game going on, it's just not obvious yet.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 11, 2020
gr8keeng:
that is why no one should pray for war.... there was a heightened tension in the region and the Iranians mistook the plane for an aggressor so they shot it down, now innocent lives are gone..... both sides are guilty of this.
are u okay?
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 11, 2020
This is why Iran must never have A NUCLEAR WEAPON
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Tulsaguy: 11:26am On Jan 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
The US government already knew this because they had satellite cover over Iraq and Iran all throughout the period. They shot it down INTENTIONALLY, you have to be super naive to believe it was a mistake. They knew it was an Ukrainian airline, so the idiots thought, Oh it must he Westerners trying to flee Iran to avoid being stuck in the terrorist country before it develops to having a full blown crisis with America. These wicked terrorists were so stupid and full of wickedness they didn't even bother to check the flight manifest. They just shot it down thinking it was people from Western countries they were killing. See the picture below? Can you see the holes are pointing inside? Which proves it was an external force hit. If it was internal, the hole would be pointing outwards. That's a missile shrapnel tearing into plane during impact. That's why they rushed to the crash site to find the black box and they were hiding the black box to cover the truth. But unfortunately, America already had satellite evidence they fired the missiles that crashed the plane. And unfortunately for them 95% of the people on that plane were Iranians.

I watched the analysis of the video evidence taken from GPS. They shot it down INTENTIONALLY. Very stupid Islamic fundamentalists.

Soleimoni life cost 190 Iranians life. 140 were Iranians in the ill fated plane. Some 60s have dual citizenship. About 50 died of stamped during his burial, they had to postpone it.

Religion of chaos. Muslims world over should reflect on their faith.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Dybala11(m): 11:28am On Jan 11, 2020
Not surprised though, terrorists and destruction of lives with reckless abandon, are like 5 and 6. Where's that morafucker insulting me and defending Iran days ago on this forum? One of those Iran's asslickers even wrote a comment that it was the Americans that downed the plane.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by ohameakpu: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2020
Befii:
Who is UN to disarm Iran, u mean US. Well history is replaying itself, dnt forget in 1988, US also bombed an Iranian passenger plane killing all 288 persons on board, they said it was a mistake. So u see no one is excluded from human error! And mind you, US citizens may not have been on board the plane, but there were US allies Canada. U should blame ur almighty Trump not Iran, had he not made a poor decision and authorised the killing of that Iranian general, am sure by now we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Was it trump that shot down the plane that he shld be blamed?
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Dybala11(m): 11:32am On Jan 11, 2020
thundafire:
I think Russia sold them China products grin cheesy
Hope yoy know that you're not going to heaven?
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by Befii: 11:33am On Jan 11, 2020
His adventurism led to dat!
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by FlordFlorez(m): 11:34am On Jan 11, 2020
gr8keeng:
How would it be blamed on both sides when the affected plane took off from same Iran. It means they are so POOR intelligiently. The news has it that their citizens are the second in terms number. They have just foolishly killed their own citizens all in the name of being religious fanatic.
Re: Iran Says It ‘unintentionally’ Shot Down Ukrainian Jetliner by valo25: 11:35am On Jan 11, 2020
lexy2014:

You are simply a pathetic Muslim pro terrorist. How can u say u don't know when Saudi oil facilities was hit by Iran backed terrorist.?

How can u say you don't know the countess times Iran backed hezbolla constantly fires at Israel....

You are big twister of world event

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Thousands Of Rare Alien-Like Sea Creatures Worth £50K Wash Up On UK Beach (Pics) / Biden Wins More Votes Than Any Candidate In US History, Breaks Obama's Record / Russian-Major General Roman Kutuzov Killed By Ukrainian Forces. GRAPHIC PIC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.