Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,506 members, 7,914,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:40 PM

I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. (513 Views)

Aderonke Bamidele Is Scam-beware / I Am Afraid, Is This Message Truly From 9mobile orI Sent My NIN To A Wrong Place / Payport And Bbnaija 2018 Is Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Merrymen1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2020
Pls dear all, I need your good advice on this.

There is this lady I met on FB, after chatting with her , she said she works with Nigerian Custom ,Seme command, Lagos.

I told her am interested in buying a car, Toyota Corolla 2005 Model. She referred me to ;

COMPTROLLER ABDULLAHI SAHEED ABDUSALAM,
CHIEF PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER AND HEAD , SEME COMMAND.

He is sounding so real, he adviced me for the avoidance of doubt, I can Still come to there office to verify, then sent me videos / photos testimonies of those he has delivered their cars to in different parts of the country.

I intend paying for the clearing so the car can be brought to me so that upon arrival of the vehicle I can complete the balance since I am busy with my job.

Please has anybody gotten a car like this ? Should I go ahead to pay for the clearance fee?
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by psalmsmiles(m): 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
yawa

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Dottore: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

There is this lady I met on FB, after chatting with her , she said she works with Nigerian Custom ,Seme command, Lagos.

I told her am interested in buying a car, Toyota Corolla 2005 Model. She referred me to ;

He is sounding so real, he adviced me for the avoidance of doubt, I can Still come to there office to verify, then sent me videos / photos testimonies of those he has delivered their cars to in different parts of the country.

I intend paying for the clearing so the car can be brought to me so that upon arrival of the vehicle I can complete the balance since I am busy with my job.

Please has anybody gotten a car like this ? Should I go ahead to pay for the clearance fee?

Oga of all the thousands of car stand and car mart littered in every state, you chose to buy car from "Customs". Your stupidity is remarkable.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by dawnomike(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
Are you kidneying me? grin
You want to buy a car via Facebook...I pirry you and the audio car o
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Dottore: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

Oga of all the thousands of car stand and car mart littered in every state, you chose to buy car from "Customs". Why not buy from Army or Civil Defense too. Your stupidity is remarkable.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Merrymen1(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
Does it mean they don't have geinue cars or something? Ok, what if I go to their office direct
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by samson07(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:
Does it mean they don't have geinue cars or something? Ok, what if I go to their office direct
its a scam, ask for office address, they will send you a wrong address, when you get to the place they will stop picking your calls and block you
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Bullet01(f): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

Don't waste your time. There is nothing like that.
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by tyup(m): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

go jare and stop disturbing us

abi what's our own gan-an sad
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Merrymen1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
samson07:
its a scam, ask for office address, they will send you a wrong address, when you get to the place they will stop picking your calls and block you

But can I go to their office first for verification/ confirmation before commencing any payment?
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

But can I go to their office first for verification/ confirmation before commencing any payment?

Na wa for you sef
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by samson07(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

just don't waste your time going there, i know they gave you a very cheap offer but dont be a victim
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by henrybomb(m): 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

It is a scam bro don't fall for it
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

are you jazzed??

It’s a scam. Are you not a Nigerian?
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by obiekunie2: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
Merrymen1:

some people are really very stupid and dumb!

bros carry on go and give them money so u can make their new year u hear!

pls dont forget to show us the pics of the car after they send it to you!

ODE! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Merrymen1(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
obiekunie2:

some people are really very stupid and dumb!

bros carry on go and give them money so u can make their new year u hear!

pls dont forget to show us the pics of the car after they send it to you!

ODE! cheesy cheesy cheesy

But this doesn't call for insults, you can do the needful rather than calling me names , I take exception to that please.
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Merrymen1(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
[[code][/code]
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by Merrymen1(m): 8:39am On Jan 12, 2020
Merrymen1:

DOTTORE[b][/b] or whatever you call yourself, if you were not probably taught in school how to talk politely in a social media platform like this, you better read No2 rule guiding NL , and learn how to do so.

What is NL turning into for crying out loud?, we are losing it here I must say, reason being that, the manner at which most forum members insult other forum members who ordinarily seek for guidance on pressing issue is uncalled for, I conderm it in its entirety.

In the event a member has an issue, seeking for guidance / advice, members should do the needful rather than casting asparsion on the person.
it
Re: I Want To Buy A Car But Am Afraid Is Scam. by fykes(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Merrymen1:

Yes u can but don't come here and create a thread about "how custom agents kidnapped you for ransom"
That is if u are lucky them no use u plus their hustle

(1) (Reply)

Why Cardboard Boxes Are Most Suitable Packaging Option For Shipping / Our Slay Queen Can’t Snap Again Because They Are Now In Their Real Home / 99 Year Old Man Divorces 96 Years Old Wife After Finding Out She Cheated 60 Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.