Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,967 members, 7,890,182 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:35 AM

Daddy Freeze & Sunday Adelaja Not Wrong For Firing Pastors - James Austine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze & Sunday Adelaja Not Wrong For Firing Pastors - James Austine (264 Views)

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze & Sunday Adelaja Not Wrong For Firing Pastors - James Austine by gidoskiaustino(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
James Eleojo Austine CEO of Youths For Royalty International took to his Official Facebook account to air his views about the controversies going on in Christianity in Nigeria.
Read All His Post Below �� � �

"MUSINGS ON THE RECENT ATTACKS ON THE CHURCH- A WAKE UP CALL TO PASTORS,
The Church is clearly going through some confrontations in recent times. The emergence and outbursts of Daddy Freeze, Sunday Adelaja and other people has been shaking several tables in the gospel circles.
Please don't judge these men. They are not totally wrong. I only have a problem with their extreme approach to these matters. Dear Friend the Church has become materialistic. I know we still have some genuine pastors but the truth be told so many pastors now worship Mammon and not God as you think. Pastors are now out for what they can get. Everybody wants be buy a jet, build mansions, large cathedrals and enjoy life in reckless opulence. This is not the standard Jesus set for us. The attention of the church has shifted from souls, tangible spiritual growth and discipleship. Most Pastors centre their messages on the mundane things of this life. There is an unhealthy rivalry among Pastors and Churches and I tell you the truth, Jesus is far from so many things we celebrate in Church today.
The debate on tithe has sparked a lot of outrage recently. I believe these people are only reacting to the reckless lifestyle of so many pastors. Some pastors spend tithes on themselves recklessly. Some of them have developed potbelly out of the tithes of the poor. They are enjoying their lives while others are in abject poverty but they do not care. There is no longer love and compassion in the heart of several pastors.
This January now so many Churches will be collecting first fruit. These things are not wrong in themselves. They are good. The challenge is how will the money be spent? Will it be used to satisfy the greed for materialism in the Pastors or to meet tangible kingdom needs? Will the poor and the less priviledged be well taken care of?
Dear Pastor for your information many tithe payers are already getting tired. They are not recieving the blessing you are promising that is why they see it as a scam. One of the reasons why people are not being blessed is the way the money is being spent. 
Dear Pastor, deal with greed in your life. Lets stop this our message that Jesus was wealthy. It is a big lie. He had all that was needed but was not living recklessly. His passion was to feed the poor and the needy.
It is not wrong for members to give but how do you spend the money. It is time for Pastors to begin to live the life of Christ. He was out for the poor and needy. 
Dear Pastor, your primary assignment is the soul and wellbeing of the people. It is not about building more branches or building the largest church when people are poor and less privilege are in pains.
The church that will make the greatest impact on earth in our time are not the Churches with more branches or large buildings but the most loving and compassionate church.
It is time to raise loving Christians and not materialistic people. The church of today is contributing massively to the corruption in our time. Church members are stealing to be rich because our churches no longer teach contentment and other virtues.
We need help in the body of Christ. Please don't be angry at this on going reformation. These guys are not wrong. It is proper reaction that is simply going too extreme with insults and name calling.
I'm afraid to say that I see a revolution coming in the church soon. People will start leaving materialistic Churches to the real church of Jesus. 
Pastor you may soon pastor an empty church if you don't repent. God bless you.""

Drop your comments what do you think

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze & Sunday Adelaja Not Wrong For Firing Pastors - James Austine by OkCornel(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Absolutely spot on.

(1) (Reply)

Imam Establishes The Islamic Meaning Of The Deadly Disease ‘coronavirus’ (video) / I Need A Miracle / Dream Meaning Of Crying (for Christains)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.