Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,214 members, 7,887,578 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:51 AM

"I Don't Want A Husband That Nobody Else Wants!" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I Don't Want A Husband That Nobody Else Wants!" (492 Views)

I Need A Husband, I Will Sponsor Everything: 39-year-old Nigerian Lady Cries Out / This Lady Is Looking For A Husband For Her Pretty Sister. See Requirements / Single Mom Advertises Herself For A Husband On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Don't Want A Husband That Nobody Else Wants!" by e316(m): 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
"I DON'T WANT A HUSBAND THAT NOBODY ELSE WANTS!"

By Edosa Edobor

I came across the above statement sometime in 2015 - "I don't want a husband that nobody else wants!" - and it reminded me of a similar statement by another lady - "I want to get married to a man who will not cheat on me, not because he loves me but because he loves God."

Our dreams and desires help us to set standards for ourselves and to carefully select those we allow into our lives and personal space. They also help the people in our lives to set standards for themselves or to live up to our standards.

The statement challenges spouses, both male and female, to resist the temptation of becoming laidback after getting married, but to always be on their toes way beyond the days of courtship, honeymoon, as well as the early days and years of married life.

An interesting angle to this challenge is that while we strive to take up the challenge of being "want-able", desirable, relevant or significant at every point in our marital lives, we must also remember that despite our sustained relevance and desirability (or wantability), no one else should be allowed to encroach on our marital space by crossing marital boundaries - the exclusive rights and privileges of our spouses must be preserved and protected from any external party, no matter how much they admire,
adore or desire us! The sanctity of marriage must be preserved.

While I must also state the importance of the clause in the popular marital vows "...in all conditions of life", or "...for richer or poorer; in sickness and in health...", we still have to resist the temptation of becoming laid back, slack in our duties or allow ourselves go. Instead, we should make it easy for our spouses to keep to the marital vows by challenging ourselves to, first of all, be good human beings, and then better men, women, companions, husbands and wives, not just in our physical looks or financial portfolio, but also intellectually, spiritually, socially, in our duties and responsibilities to each other as well as in other vital areas of life.

To an ever increasing blissful married life!

#RevEdosa

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156779938401629&id=639136628
Re: "I Don't Want A Husband That Nobody Else Wants!" by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Mental Habits That Suck Happiness From Your Life / Do Boys Cry After Break Up ? / Sexual Harassment: Nigeria Woman Shares Experience At Senate Public Hearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.