Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,197 members, 7,974,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:02 PM

What You Need To Know About Solar Power System - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Need To Know About Solar Power System (268 Views)

SUSTAINABILITY: UNN Gets 2 Solar Power Plants Worth ₦604m / FACT CHECK: Is BUK Off-grid Hybrid Solar Power Plant The Largest In Africa? / Complete Guide On Solar Power System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Solar Power System by SolarEdge: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2020
Good day all, it's my privilege to furnish us with some insight about SOLAR POWER SYSTEM..

solar power system in its simplified form simply means a system that absorb sun energy via solar panels and store this energy in a battery bank for usage.

COMPONENTS OF SOLAR POWER SYSTEM
there are some components that made up a solar power system, these are:
SOLAR PANELS
INVERTERS
DEEP CYCLE BATTERY
SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER
SOLAR CABLE

These materials are are the major items needed to setup your solar power system.

IS SOLAR ACTUALLY EXPENSIVE?
hmm! Solar is slightly expensive, but we need to understand some hidden facts before making a decision whether we want to go solar or not.

Many a time, Nigerians decisions about solar is made out of poor information or lack of awareness. Solar power system is an alternative source of power supply. Hence, when procuring the system we should have it in mind to focus more on our basic appliances, except we have the bulk finance already.

CASE SCENARIO:
hello Solar Edge, could you please advise me on the best solar power system for my three bedroom apartment. I have 1.5hp AC, a 200L deep freezer, 46 inch led TV, sound system, 3 ceiling fans, 8 bulbs of 15w each, DSTV decoder, electric pressing iron and water heater. My budget is 300k to 400k.

SOLAR EDGE RESPONSE:
thank you for contacting us, your appliances are a bit massive. Also you should not that heat emitting appliances are not suitable for inverter batteries, they drain the battery very fast and reduces it's lifespan. During installation there's what we called LOAD SEPARATION, we'll separate your heavy appliances such as your AC, water heater, pressing iron, deep freezer from the solar power system, every other appliances can run on the solar power system conveniently and it's going to be automatic, meaning it's switches from NEPA to solar and from solar to NEPA without you even noticing except a beep sound from the inverter.

Solar power system becomes expensive when you want to power heavy appliances such as Air conditioners, deep freezers, etcetera.

QUALITY OF MATERIALS
This is a vital aspect when it come to making a decision, Solar materials are of various categories, especially batteries. BATTERY IS THE HEART OF THE WHOLE SYSTEM. if you get an inferior battery you will regret the solar Journey. Most times some solar company's are nice to some client by explaining to them in details the various types of batteries and the cost implications. But some are not nice at all. There are batteries that can serve you for 2 years or more and there are batteries that can serve you for 5 years or more depending on your maintenance culture and usage.

During procurement, some companies would present to you the various qualities in form of warranty, some will tell you, we have warranty for 6months, 12 months, 18 months and 24 months.
If you look at this logically, you should know that the warranty period is going to be based on the prices and quality of the battery. Take note.

Also, we have two types of inverter, The modified Sinewave and Pure Sinewave.
The modified Sinewave inverter are inverter without transformer, also called TRANSFORMERLESS...

To be Continued
Re: What You Need To Know About Solar Power System by SolarEdge: 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
Hey!
Trust your weekend is going smoothly? I'll be finishing you with more vital information that can help form your decision when you want to procure a solar power system.

(1) (Reply)

IPPIS: Get Ready For Industrial Crisis- ASUU Tells FG / Invitation To 2020 Imlpds Direct Membership Conference Cum Induction / Naija Campus Life Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.