Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,818 members, 7,933,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

Can A Fan Readjusted To Run Direct With Engine Cause Fuel Consumption? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can A Fan Readjusted To Run Direct With Engine Cause Fuel Consumption? (786 Views)

2012 Toyota Venza AWD Mini-suv **USA Direct With Navigation** :- N6.450m / 9 Tips For Saving On Fuel Consumption / Can A Fan Readjusted To Run Direct With Engine Cause Fuel Consumption? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Fan Readjusted To Run Direct With Engine Cause Fuel Consumption? by me2me: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2010
i drive 97 camry auto and it consumes fuel. the fan has been readjusted to run directly with the engine (fan starts once ignition is turned on) and i cant tell if the thermostat is in place as i learnt if removed it causes overheating and fuel consumption (mine dosent overheat though). the car moves ok save for the fuel consumption. can someone enlighten me as to the possible causes. thanks.
Re: Can A Fan Readjusted To Run Direct With Engine Cause Fuel Consumption? by Onwan: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2010
The fuel consumption can be optimised at full load (usually with the AC on ) by some adjustments on the throttle body BUT should be done IF necessary AND by an experienced mechanic.

Your case however, first of all, that welding of the fan directly to the engine hub is not a good thing at all because my experience has thought me that its better to let the vehicle regulate in the way it is built, then IF an overheating happens, you can look into the cause (usually a leakage or bloackage in the cooling system OR the radiator). I tried that fan thing with my 4Runner and after a while, the welded bits fell off by themselves and the vehicle never had any overheating problem (even in the first place). Our mechanics always look for ways of complicating issues.

My advise, have them remove the welding on the fan (Im assuming that was how they made it permanent), then look for the cause of your high fuel consumption (That ranges from air filtering system to probably tampered throttle body setting).

You can call Yinka on 080 2558 3908, he should be able to help you with e the setting (But please let the fan run as built from factory)
Re: Can A Fan Readjusted To Run Direct With Engine Cause Fuel Consumption? by kuntash: 10:34am On Dec 06, 2010
nice thread,

coincidentally, I was just looking for solution for my poor mpg on my camry. 98/99 model, although I have since removed my thermostat, but the poor mpg was evident when the car was solely used for skool runs within the area, imagine 127miles for about 40 litres of gas,

I have been doing some online research, and it seems its as s result of the cold running of the engine, because, there is no check engine light, car moves very well,

pls has anyone had similar experience? less than 12mpg is a disaster.

(1) (Reply)

2004 Honda Accord(tokunbo)-----1.9m / 2001 Honda Babyboy For Less Than N600,000 / Cheap Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.