Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,830 members, 7,915,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:47 PM

Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea (23641 Views)

Why Are Obidients Saying Tinubu Stole Their Manifesto? / Nigerian States And Their Security Threat Level By PR24 (Photo) / Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
While AMOTEKUN has been praised by everyone and even some regions looking forward to replicate it. Like NW governors will be meeting with SW to understudy it.

Our blothers in East are concerned whose idea it was.

grin
Tell them the idea originated in Lagos under Ambode.

Not even ambode it was fashola then they wore khaki green

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Why is it now he coming out to say he initiated it,we be hearing this summit and operations since he never comes out to say it.even the ohanieze commend it ,oh they are waiting/praying that fg will not approved it
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by legba1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
Now NL is flooded by WAEC candidates and JAMBITES......some arguments you read here cant just be wackier.....seriously

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Arthur02(m): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Shut up , south east started it and Yoruba people stole their ideas

you too shut up, so the SW should fry water because of your leaders incompetence.
Rubbish being

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Arthur02(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
ludd2018:

U don't even sound diplomatic u claim. You guys with your gutter brown envelope media condemned Nnandi Kanu when he formed a security outfit to protect the SE but now u went ahead to copy him thru your governors..Truth be told ...bunch of hypocrites. Though I like what ur leaders have done but Yorubas empowered the hausa-fulanis to lord it over others . Your alliance with fulani has destroyed Nigeria . How a more educated Yorubas is playing second fiddle or servant role to illiterate fulanis is what I cant understand. Yorubas in anticipation to spite n destroy Igbos thru Buhari regime now had created a monster that is destroying every body now including Yoruba race ......bad belle is not good .

Mr man keep quite and go and sleep.
You all have problem.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by yetunsbay(m): 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
The Governor is conspicuously a Nairalander.

But why are this people mumu ? Fr leader to followers

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Segzydaniels018: 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2020
You said it all
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by benji93: 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Are you alright? Stole? Is "Amotekun" a Journal paper for which you have to provide reference? When you were venturing into this space, did you think deeply about your statements before scripting? Maybe the state of Ebonyi should have patented it. Bullshit. Either the OP and the governor are out of your minds or one of the is. But for you, you definitely are out of your mind. Unless the governor jokingly said that, that's some bullshit. Knowing our bloggers very well, this may be a contextual misinterpretation on the part of the OP. If you wanna use the word borrow, fine. SMH at the sorry state of our education.
murphyibiam15:

Shut up , south east started it and Yoruba people stole their ideas

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by ddeola: 6:30am On Jan 15, 2020
Run your own and allow SW govs run theirs. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Who ask you
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Ryabcool(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2020
ludd2018:

They thought fulanis love them while fulanis are kidnapping their Obas . Wait till 2023 when they ll destroy Tinubu completely. Tinubu used n ll be dumped. Tinubu did not learn from Afonja
only way they can destroy Tinubu is if your brothers go back to their vomit and ass lick the very people they cursed, which is the north. So unless you guys are the AGIP other people tag you as, Tinubu won't be destroyed.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Gabkosh: 7:24am On Jan 17, 2020
[s][left]
Aiyk2333:

y'all are very dumb as usual, afonjas na too many talk no facts or actions.. the writer gave names and facts, why cancel it when you don't even have points to counter it, is that what y'all learn in school??
[/s]Osu, did that hurts you.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Konquest: 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
Stevecovey:

See this one. Are you okay, or you are just young?

Yoruba home videos have been produced since the 80's. Very popular all over the west. There were even video clubs already where u could borrow movies in residential areas. You should go read about the yoruba film industry and how old some movies are. And Yoruba drama theatre has been in existence since the 50's.

[s]Living bondage is the first English home video[/s]. Not the first Nigerian home video. Igbos started moving to the SW in the 90's and saw an untapped market for people that can't speak yoruba.
^^^^
^^^^
@Stevecovey
I am just seeing your post and actually had no intention to make
any post on NL today but when I saw your post I had to quickly make
a reply to a little error in your post.

If historical events are not properly documented, the younger
generation who were born in the 1980s and 1990s will muddle and
destroy Nigerian history with the misleading fake news/information
being posted on social media and Websites since after the year 2000!
This has to be tackled ASAP having a central clearing house or official
Websites to document Nigerian history on the events leading right
up to the Nigerian Civil War and the Nigerian movie industry especially!

The modern Nigerian movie industry has existed since the 1960s with the hugely
popular "Kongi's Harvest" by Wole Soyinka which was actually shot and
screened in the cinemas in 1969. Kongi's Harvest was a version of a play
written by Wole Soyinka and produced by Francis Oladele, directed by
an African-American Ossie Davis.

Home video just simply refers to the packaging of movies on Betacam
and later VHS video cassettes or DVDs. Celluloid films were screened in
the cinemas and as of 2020, people have gone back to watching movies
at the cinemas[Multiplex cinemas].

I agree with much of what you posted here... but "Living in Bondage" is
actually the first Ibo language "home video" made in 1992 and it was
sub-titled in English. It was NOT the first English home video!

As far back as 1988 Yoruba home videos where already being produced
by the likes of Ade Ajiboye [The first film produced on video in Nigeria was 1988's Soso Meji]
with and 1989 by Prince Alade Aromire [who died in a car crash in the late 1990s].
The Yoruba films were also screened at the existing cinemas and were the pioneers of the
Nigerian Home video industry.

==>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Nigeria
Home Video Boom (late 1980s - mid 2010s)
The first film produced on video in Nigeria was 1988's Soso Meji, produced by Ade Ajiboye.
The film was also screened at the few available theatres at the time. Subsequently, Alade Aromire
produced Ekun (1989) on video, which was screened at the National Theatre, Iganmu,
Lagos State.

Unknown to a lot of the young Ibos of today... the first Ibo film to be sub-titled in English was
"Amadi" and it was produced by Dr. Ola Balogun, the first indigenous language film, Amadi in 1975.
The film was screened in Lagos in 1975 and I have a 1975 magazine that carried the story
of the screening with Gov. Mobolaji Johnson of Lagos State and Justice Adefarasin in attendanc.
Dr. Ola Balogun was actually born 1945 in Aba to full-blooded Yoruba parents and it is said
that the first language he spoke was Ibo. I have a 1975 magazine

In 1975, Dr. Ola Balogun also produced a Yoruba language film, called "Ajani Ogun."

==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ola_Balogun

Kenneth Nnebue actually stated in a 1997 "This Day newspaper interview
that I still have in my archive that he actually wanted to produce the home
video in Yoruba language [because he was already based in the West/Lagos
and had understudied the Yoruba home video industry and even worked
with them. He also said he used an English name for the film "Living in Bondage"
instead of an Ibo name because he didn't want the film to be viewed
as local! Of course the film became popular among Ibo speakers because
they had been yearning for home videos to be made just like the existing
Yoruba sector of the Nigerian movie industry.

In that 1997 article Kenneth Nnebue also said the Yoruba and Indian movie
industry inspired him to go into making and marketing movies!
I think as things stand, I am the only one who probably has
a copy of that 1997 newspaper article where Kenneth even said
he wanted to produce Living In Bondage in Yoruba because
a movie industry already existed then.

I have the full 1-page interview and I have already scanned it
so I can share it later... because I have noticed that Nigerians
do not keep historical documents and that is why some
young generation of Ibos spread propaganda and fake news about
the origins of the movie industry... and surprisingly some non-Ibos
who were born in the 1980s/1990s/2000s... including some
lazy entertainment journalists who have NO sense of history
have also been misleading people by saying that Nigerian home
videos started in 1992... when even Kenneth Nnebue mentioned
in the 1997 "This Day" article the several home videos in Yoruba
language such as "Aje ni Iya mi" which were produced before 1992.
He said he used to watch Yoruba movies and Indian moviews which
inspired him!

So it was the Yoruba home video industry that started in the
1980s before the first Ibo language home video was made in 1992.
the Part 2 came out in 1993.

Even the insulting and ridiculous terminology called nollywood and
bollywood which means Hollywood wannabes or copycats
was first used AFTER the year 2000 by a foreign journalist! Nigeria
has had a movie industry since the 1960s with Prof. Wole Soyinkas
movie "Kongi's Harvest" which was shot and produced in Nigeria
by a Nigerian crew in English and screened at the cinemas in 1969.
Tunde Kelani actually said this 1969 film called Kongi's Harvest
inspired him to go into the movie industry in the 1970s.
==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood

I hope this helps to clarify issues on the real history of the Nigerian
movie industry[I don't use the term "nollywood" or "bollywood" which
are condescending or derogatory terms]. The Indians do NOT
like using the term bollywood in their media because it is a condescending
term which they REJECT... and it shows that some Nigerians in the movie
and media have low self-esteem for continueing to use that term "nollywood"
to describe an entire movie industry that has existed since the 1960... from
celluloid movies... to home videos on Betacam and VHS... to DVDs and
lastly to the modern multiplex cinemas that exist in Nigeria, India and
around the world again!

France has no Frollywood, Britain has no ridiculous term called Brollywood,
Korea has no Korllywood, Spain has no Spaniwood, Mexico has no Mexiwood...
so what is the problem with those Nigerian movie and media practitioners
who have allowed a white American journalist to define them and
continue to use that silly Nollywood term?

PS.
Sources: https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=pKy-DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
Nollywood in Glocal Perspective
Front Cover
Bala A. Musa
Springer Nature, 16 Nov 2019 - Performing Arts - 253 pages

The origin of Film Industry
The history of the film industry in Nigeria could be traced to the pre-independence era. The first film (not video film) was exhibited in August 1903 at the Clover Memorial hall Lagos. According to Alfred Opubor and Onoura Nwuneli (1979:2), “The medium of film was itself new in those days, and still technically in its infancy. Content was largely documentary. The first showings in Lagos, according to the Lagos Standard, included scenes of a steamer moving through water, shown with the vividness of life, and scenes of the coronation of King Edward VII in 1904. One of these newsreel also presented a brief glimpse of the Alake of Abeokuta, a Yoruba king of western Nigeria during a visit he made to England.
==>https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323938801_THE_DEVELOPMENT_OF_VIDEO_FILM_IN_NIGERIA_A_RETROSPECTIVE_ACCOUNT

Cc: LabDNA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira / Dasuki Appears In Abuja Court, Looks Unruffled / Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.