Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,508 members, 7,971,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:11 PM

'this Is A Different Club' -mourinho Says He's Not Jealous Of Liverpool/man City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'this Is A Different Club' -mourinho Says He's Not Jealous Of Liverpool/man City (238 Views)

Zidane Phones Mourinho, Says He’s Not Plotting Anything Behind His Back / Mourinho Says He Has More EPL Titles Than All 19 Managers Combined / Manchester United: Jose Mourinho Says £300m Spent Not Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'this Is A Different Club' -mourinho Says He's Not Jealous Of Liverpool/man City by Officialhorlah(m): 6:40am On Jan 14, 2020
The Tottenham head coach said Spurs were
different to the two title contenders Jose Mourinho insisted he was "not jealous" of the
squads assembled by Liverpool and Manchester City, saying Tottenham was a different job. City are coming off back-to-back Premier League
titles, while Liverpool are 14 points clear with a
game in hand this season. Mourinho was appointed Spurs head coach in
November, and his side are battling in eighth in the
table.
But the Portuguese tactician said they could not be
compared to City and Liverpool, although he has no
complaints. "Come on, it is what it is. We cannot have a squad
like some other teams. It's not us," Mourinho said. "I was watching Man City [against Aston Villa ] and I looked to the bench – [Raheem] Sterling, Bernardo
Silva, [Ilkay] Gundogan, [Nicolas] Otamendi. You
know? "Liverpool, you see the team, you see the bench.
And they have injured [Joel] Matip, [Dejan] Lovren,
[Naby] Keita, Fabinho. "I'm not jealous, I have an amazing job, but they
are different jobs. This is a different club." Mourinho suggested the job at Spurs was his most
difficult since he was at Porto, where he took over in early 2002. The former Real Madrid, Inter and Chelsea boss – who would lead Porto to Champions League glory in 2004 – said he had to reset at the Portuguese
giants. "It is the second time I get a team mid-season, just
the second time," Mourinho said. "The first time was also not easy because it was the
end of a team, the end of an era. It was an era
without titles. "Porto was not winning but it was the end of... I
don't want to say of a generation but it was the end
of a team in the end of a season. "Twelve players out, twelve players in, start
everything from the beginning. Forget the good
things of the past, forget the bad things of the past
and let's build from new. "That is my experience in Porto coming in the
middle of the season." Tottenham face Middlesbrough in an FA Cup third- round replay on Tuesday.
Re: 'this Is A Different Club' -mourinho Says He's Not Jealous Of Liverpool/man City by djoe21(m): 7:21am On Jan 14, 2020
Story.

(1) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Plans Arsenal Takeover In 2021 / Italian Serie A, 21 January 2020(GMT +8) / Best Safe Tips For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.