Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,955 members, 7,969,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:43 PM

Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" (3191 Views)

The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ / Yoruba Rap Lives On 4reva With Big Dido (d Abija Of Rap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by blarque: 1:21pm On May 29, 2007
Witness the official coronation of FREESTYLE "Tha Shogun" Essien as the newest NAIJA KING OF RAP @ THE VAULT (Victoria Island), Lagos on 15th JUNE 2007.

Peeps, no contest, Naija realest hiphop awards (HIPHOP WORLD AWARDS) is crowning this broda, agreed by his contenders (RUGGEDMAN, MODE9, OD, TERRY "THA RAPMAN", SANCHEZ, GINO, BLAISE, BOUQUI, IKECHUKWU,, more) that Free gat the crown "this year".

Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by tosinadeda: 5:41pm On May 29, 2007
So cos he won the award 4 a year he is now the naija king of rap?

*senseless*

but d guy really killed it with blaise on bragging rights
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by PoDeep(m): 6:49pm On May 29, 2007
D free at last album wasn't even 'hiphop'.
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by blarque: 4:58pm On May 31, 2007
@ Po Deep; if u say Free @ Last album isn't HipHop, abeg tell us what category that album falls. Is it Pop, R & B, Raggae or is it Dancehall? Tell us abeg.

@ Tosinadeda; that he won that award this year mean that he rule in the world of rap (in naija) till "maybe" next year when someone else grab the crown. And if no one else win the award or the award doesn't come next year, he holds on to the crown till whenever.

sho'get?
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by PoDeep(m): 6:33pm On May 31, 2007
Pop rap(if u know what dat means).
Don't get it f.cked up, freestyle can rap but dat album was damn crappy!
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by skingo(m): 12:19am On Jun 18, 2007
if i hear this king topic again about freestyle,
eldee is obviously a better mc than freestyle so how the hell does he become the king?

make una bone award oh, mode 9 win 3, we still aint seen nothin arise fro mthat, tuface win the correct one, eough changes show face,

u guys keep deceiving yourselves with this king and best topic, una go argue am till death with no meetin point
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by alisigwe(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2007
that kid freestyle is trash.his aint relate to nth abt rap.he only talk abt what bitches and how they hated him when he never blew as if he likes pussy more than rap.na jigger is felling him in abj,cuz its simply the type of album u cant listen to twice,it never rocks with only one track showing real hip-hop abt the naija music shit.so stop all that king and ill praise cuz he aint deserve any.pain plus work 4 life.
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by A40(m): 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2007
The guy is good no doubt o! but best rapper is still between Ruggedman and Mode 9,
But i still prefer eldee to the guy, dat bobo seems to be feeling himself a lot doesnt sound like a real n**** to me
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by kaydee(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2007
A-40:

The guy is good no doubt o! but best rapper is still between Ruggedman and Mode 9,
But i still prefer eldee to the guy, that bobo seems to be feeling himself a lot doesnt sound like a real n**** to me

What are you saying!!!! Freestyle can claim the throne too.Yeah!!!!!!! Lyrically he's up there.Eldee that sings raggae today and do R&B 2mrw. Abeg!!!!!!!!!!!! Beef Apart,Freestyle is better than RuggedMan.
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by youngdigi(m): 12:37am On Jun 23, 2007
I need to hear his album to determine, the boy is  a very good rapper

verse on BRAGGIN RIGHTS was  shocked shocked

and please don't mention eldee, i don't care what went on between them, but from a fans perspective, freestyle won the battle just based on how he handled it, simple 2 liner on braggin rights, eldee was out her ein yankee doin interviews talkin about free was a raz boy back then, who the fukk cares about that not me, not a real trybesmen fan, we all know him to be a rapper and does he do that well? absolutely, , eldee now went on to say "one thin i will give him props for is he can rap" ,  :Dduh, what an idiot, what else do we expect from him? his lifestyle growing up niga fukk out of here , talkin about he is a greencard holder on his album, a lot of these naija rappers never seem to stop amazing me, your group name was TRYBESmen and now u braggin about an american greencard on your cd?? that is retarded,
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by DezzyIzs: 8:40am On Jun 23, 2007
freestyle ain't true, as a matter of fact na nonsence him dey sing.burst award, connection can get you as a wack 'mc' prestigious award while the real fact remains that you are a dud.
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by PoDeep(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2007
Nah. Freestyle's not wack as a rapper but he's not innovative. His album was trash. Eldee's not better(that "champion" track was the most stupid thing a rapper could do in his position. Real wack). I personally prefer freestyle but well, I guess they're both gettin' paid. Kb's just acting-the-mouse in the whole situation. F*ck'd.
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by DezzyIzs: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2007
yeah!! they get paid for being wack and bitchy, recording some weak stuuf and putting it out.as per say naija no sabi wetin dem want dem no go talk.e dey pain mii angry angry angry
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by FELORE(f): 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2008
hi tosin anyway the guy in the pi is damn ugly smiley smiley :d :d ;d :p
Re: Freestyle: The True "naija King Of Rap" by 9ja4eva: 1:35am On Jan 04, 2008
Lets see what he is made of

(1) (Reply)

Your Best Christmas Carol / New Music: Nicki Minaj Ft. Drake, Lil Wayne, & Chris Brown – Only (hot Track) / Pls Rate My New Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.