Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,723 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal (96552 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Carry Illegal Arms, Be Arrested, Police Warn OPC, Hunters / Operation Amotekun Begins In South-West: Yoruba Youths Warn Criminals / Ikpeazu Declares ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 12:43am On Jan 16, 2020
AreaFada2:

Shouldn't FG become proactive now considering that the regions want grassroot policing? With people near the grassroots who understand local culture policing their own areas? Why can't FG meet with the regions to work out a viable local policing formula?

As a kid I saw police and soldiers deployed from the North harassing Southern female students near two campuses for wearing skirts.

They automatically saw them as prostitutes. With their Sharia worldview. That was just after Buhari took over in 1983 to 1984. Security forces were moved across the country.

Yet people in the South didn't want Sharia law enforcement. They wanted and still want secular criminality fought: robberies, car jacking, burglaries, etc.

We must start decentralization soonest. The stranglehold of the behemoth FG is simply suffocating. Because it is grossly inefficient, unwieldy and stifles legitimate regional aspirations.

Citizens have no reason to trust some "emperor" in faraway Abuja than their local officials.

Virtually all successful countries have a decentralised system: Germany, UK, USA, Switzerland, etc.

Kindly stick to the subject, which is the illegality of Amotekun or otherwise, as declared by the FG.

I care not about your feelings towards or experience pertaining to the influence of Sharia; which in any case is a big lie; because as at 1983 Shagari was president and by 1984 Buhari was the military head of state; long before the introduction of Sharia penal code which came to effect under OBJ round 2000/2001.
The police and soldiers you allegedly witnessed could not have therefore been influenced by Sharia but any other factor.

Likewise, I could have equally said that I recently read about a southern soldier raping a southern corper at a checkpoint because she was scantily dressed and could have similarly concluded that it must have been caused by the wanton immorality that abounds the south or even by Christianity since many of your so called pastors and priests are often sexually compromised.

Such silly narratives serve nothing but advertise illogicality and sheer ignorance; I therefore urge you to be more sensible with your comments.

Sharia applies to Muslims alone; I don't see why you southerners should be taking Panadol for someone's headache.

Lastly, on the issue of secularity; kindly refer your complain to Nyesom Wike who is the only governor to date to have publicly and repeatedly adopted a particular religion (Christianity) for his Rivers State.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 12:46am On Jan 16, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Under the colonial legacy referenced by wirinet Hausa Constables were the first set of recruits.

Through that arrangement it is easy to see that Colonial government keyed into the conflicts they met on ground amongst the indigenes. There is a story, and history, to that but its not pertinent to this thread.

The 1/3 local and 2/3 posting has zero value to add to balance and neutrality. It was part of the many artificial structures created to force unity. It followed same pattern as in military postings, youth corps, federal government schools and even civil servants.

Opposition to foreigners on the soil was a central point in the coup and war of 66/67.

It is a useless policy not supported by any scholarship or academic input.

I disagree; however, you are entitled to your own opinion.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by tobstarizhia(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2020
k2money:
For the first time I will go against FG. This is what wí break the nation because am sure the south west will stand with Amotekun

This Amotekun thing will not break the country. if worst comes to worst it will go along the same lines as what happened in 1967. We all know how that ended.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by tobstarizhia(m): 7:49am On Jan 16, 2020
myobjective:

Stop playing this stupid betrayer card. Politics is a game you either play it well and win or play it badly and lose, no one betrayed no one.

It is sickening for southeasterners to call Yoruba betrayer when over and over the east has always been in alliance with the political north to scuttle Yoruba interest at centre despite not having anything in common with the North. The naive easterners were responsible for Jonathan failure at the pole with their antagonizing antics and the name-calling of potential allies in the south and middle belt. Blame yourself and your people for Jonathan failure, not the Yoruba that Igbo help Jonathan government sideline.

Coming back to the issue at hand, the Northerners are only delaying the doomsday, it will surely happened, Nigeria is an experiment that will surely disintegrate soon. I am happy with the current development, it will alone fast tract the actualization of Yoruba homeland.

You better keep quiet with that BS. don't let Gowon hear this. remember he is still alive. this is the kind of statement that leads to genocide. may God help the Yoruba people. Hope they stop with this Amotekun nonsense because I live in Lagos. I dont want to be there when bombs start dropping on our heads
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by AreaFada2: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Kindly stick to the subject, which is the illegality of Amotekun or otherwise, as declared by the FG.

I care not about your feelings towards or experience pertaining to the influence of Sharia; which in any case is a big lie; because as at 1983 Shagari was president and by 1984 Buhari was the military head of state; long before the introduction of Sharia penal code which came to effect under OBJ round 2000/2001.
The police and soldiers you allegedly witnessed could not have therefore been influenced by Sharia but any other factor.

Likewise, I could have equally said that I recently read about a southern soldier raping a southern corper at a checkpoint because she was scantily dressed and could have similarly concluded that it must have been caused by the wanton immorality that abounds the south or even by Christianity since many of your so called pastors and priests are often sexually compromised.

Such silly narratives serve nothing but advertise illogicality and sheer ignorance; I therefore urge you to be more sensible with your comments.

Sharia applies to Muslims alone; I don't see why you southerners should be taking Panadol for someone's headache.

Lastly, on the issue of secularity; kindly refer your complain to Nyesom Wike who is the only governor to date to have publicly and repeatedly adopted a particular religion (Christianity) for his Rivers State.
Reading is not understanding. Did I mention Sharia law or Sharia mind in my post about 1984?
Long before Sharia was officially introduced during OBJ second coming, some Northern communities already practiced Sharia such as cutting off the arms of thieves. Such amputees come to the South as beggars.

Which Federal law backed Sharia when it started? Or JTF or Herdsmen carrying AK 47 about across Nigeria?

Do not try to use law argument to perpetrate Fulani religious plans and hegemony. You are not that clever.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by tobstarizhia(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2020
grin grin
sassysure:
Can u stop please.
This gives me headache.
If u don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, swerve. I'm too matured and enlightened for this.
grin
sassysure:
Can u stop please.
This gives me headache.
If u don't have any meaningful thing to contribute, swerve. I'm too matured and enlightened for this.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
AreaFada2:

Reading is not understanding. Did I mention Sharia law or Sharia mind in my post about 1984?
Long before Sharia was officially introduced during OBJ second coming, some Northern communities already practiced Sharia such as cutting off the arms of thieves. Such amputees come to the South as beggars.

Which Federal law backed Sharia when it started? Or JTF or Herdsmen carrying AK 47 about across Nigeria?

Do not try to use law argument to perpetrate Fulani religious plans and hegemony. You are not that clever.

First of all, stop pontificating as if you have some sort of superior comprehension; when clearly you don't; what did this part of your statement (in bold) mean?

As a kid I saw police and soldiers deployed from the North harassing Southern female students near two campuses for wearing skirts.
They automatically saw them as prostitutes. [b]With their Sharia worldview. That was just after Buhari took over in 1983 to 1984. [/b]Security forces were moved across the country.

Yet people in the South didn't want Sharia law enforcement. They wanted and still want secular criminality fought: robberies, car jacking, burglaries, etc.

Secondly, if indeed you could read and understand you would have noticed that I used the words words INFLUENCE in my reply to that aspect of your post.

Yet another big lie; pre-OBJ Sharia covered only a very narrow jurisdiction of marriage and inheritance; the penal code i.e. punishment aspect of it e.g. amputation was not in existence before then - stop advertising your bigotry and ignorance.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by AreaFada2: 2:33am On Jan 17, 2020
NaMeAboki:

First of all, stop pontificating as if you have some sort of superior comprehension; when clearly you don't; what did this part of your statement (in bold) mean?

They automatically saw them as prostitutes. [b]With their Sharia worldview. That was just after Buhari took over in 1983 to 1984. [/b]Security forces were moved across the country.

Secondly, if indeed you could read and understand you would have noticed that I used the words words INFLUENCE in my reply to that aspect of your post.

Yet another big lie; pre-OBJ Sharia covered only a very narrow jurisdiction of marriage and inheritance; the penal code i.e. punishment aspect of it e.g. amputation was not in existence before then - stop advertising your bigotry and ignorance.

Dude, just stick to your kitman like Buhari did over Chibok girls until foreign media came. To court the West and outsiders with CNN, Al-Jazeera, only then did he pay lip service to vaguely condemn Boko Haram. Your pseudo-intellectual exercise won't wash.

You compare Northern security forces frogmarching Southern university girls through roadside puddles for over a year as an isolated case? I guess you were not even born then to know.

Look, most of you guys have a backward medieval social approach life. A region that produces terrorists en mass has no redeeming qualities. Very hypocritical. You lot shout should set out on your own alone.

If my ignorance makes me to abhor terrorist production line and being in denial of it, I wholeheartedly embrace it. Away with your knowledgeable backwardness.

If you like you can make Shekau your religious political leader. Just let those who want to live peacefully move on. Or are you guys too afraid to lose oil money? cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 7:10am On Jan 17, 2020
AreaFada2:

Dude, just stick to your kitman like Buhari did over Chibok girls until foreign media came. To court the West and outsiders with CNN, Al-Jazeera, only then did he pay lip service to vaguely condemn Boko Haram. Your pseudo-intellectual exercise won't wash.

You compare Northern security forces frogmarching Southern university girls through roadside puddles for over a year as an isolated case? I guess you were not even born then to know.

Look, most of you guys have a backward medieval social approach life. A region that produces terrorists en mass has no redeeming qualities. Very hypocritical. You lot shout should set out on your own alone.

If my ignorance makes me to abhor terrorist production line and being in denial of it, I wholeheartedly embrace it. Away with your knowledgeable backwardness.

If you like you can make Shekau your religious political leader. Just let those who want to live peacefully move on. Or are you guys too afraid to lose oil money? cheesy cheesy grin grin

Empty barrel make the loudest noise.

Just as I thought; resorting to insults as the easiest way out when you can't handle the issues raised as well as being caught pants down making factually incorrect statements.

I could easily also follow suit but out of respect for many of my SW friends I will refrain for now from similarly casting aspersion on your region - though I would advise you to be mindful of the many horrific headlines your sons and daughters making on our national newspapers; a recent one involving the trio of a mother and son and a so called pastor in a saga of backward ritual cannibalism.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by AreaFada2: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Empty barrel make the loudest noise.

Just as I thought; resorting to insults as the easiest way out when you can't handle the issues raised as well as being caught pants down making factually incorrect statements.

I could easily also follow suit but out of respect for many of my SW friends I will refrain for now from similarly casting aspersion on your region - though I would advise you to be mindful of the many horrific headlines your sons and daughters making on our national newspapers; a recent one involving the trio of a mother and son and a so called pastor in a saga of backward ritual cannibalism.
Dude cast aspersions as you like. But please. Tell your people to refrain from slaughtering, raping and maiming legions nationwide under guise of herding cattle.

Aspersions never killed anyone. What I wrote previously is no insult but what is said millions of times a day across Nigeria and beyond. Leave us with our cannibalism, human. Suya and human meat markets. Just go!
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by congo4ka: 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
NaMeAboki:

They are being arrested and often killed in the process every day - their pictures are all over the internet if you care to look.

Aboki sef don dey use internet grin grin

The very day we south westerners agree to leave Nigeria is when it seize from existing. We are not SE, the northern hausas and Fulani will be dealt with. Yoruba is the only Bond of this country, I am happy lots of people are already noticing the northern agenda.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
congo4ka:

Aboki sef don dey use internet grin grin

The very day we south westerners agree to leave Nigeria is when it seize from existing. We are not SE, the northern hausas and Fulani will be dealt with. Yoruba is the only Bond of this country, I am happy lots of people are already noticing the northern agenda.

How does that trash you wrote concern the central issue at hand or is it just an excuse for you to advertise your bigotry?

Anyway, let me indulge you a little by saying that many of your ilk had in the past underestimated us and paid the price; you are therefore welcomed to repeat the same.

Get this straight; the north had never been afraid of the break up of this country; in fact it was the first region to want to break away; it was also not opposed to insertion of a secession clause in our 1st constitution; therefore no amount of tribal bashing, insults or blackmail will sake us; the Lamido of Adamawa had already spoken for us at the national conference, in 2014 under GEJ - when the time comes everybody knows the road to his papa house.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by kokomilala(m): 3:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
@executive12,absolutely.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by TheSupleemLeada(m): 2:22am On Jun 29, 2021
And still.......
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by trutharena: 3:15am On Jun 29, 2021
FG dey mad.

Amotekun still kicking!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Usman, Abba Kyari’s Brother's Instagram: Flaunts Expensive Cars, Classy Outfits / 2face Idibia Visits Buhari In London In A Photoshopped Picture / Ambode 800 Buses Vs. Sanwo-Olu 800 Buses (PHOTOS)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.