Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,206 members, 7,880,761 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:18 AM

My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp (25653 Views)

Is There Any Other Phone As Useless As Windows Phone / World’s First Foldable Phone Has Been Launched. Checkout Specs, PICS And Video / Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by WonderManly(m): 10:50am On Jan 15, 2020
Happyguy201:
but who still uses older version of windows phone in 2020? na so una poor reach?

Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by helinues: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2020
Wey i don dey almost 2 months now

The store is also not working again for life
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Idzitari1(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2020
All windows and iPhones 4, 4s - 5 won't be able to access whatsapp and also phones with IOS below 9.0

Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by WonderManly(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2020
DeltaBachelor:
Ok sir. Sorry about that. It is well
Thanks, you're welcome!
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by WonderManly(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2020
Edoziesmart:

From the OP screenshot, I can deduce that he is using high end windows phone that will cost more than your chinko android phone (infinix and tecno family). But due to the fact that Mark Zuckerberg don't want to still run his application on windows phone again (Only him and Bill Gates knows the reason he pull out from extending his services to that operating system) , he then mentioned earlier last year that his WhatsApp service won't work on any version of windows phone and low version of ios again after 14 January 2020. Same thing that happened to blackberry, Symbian and Java j2me phone users(which even affected me) back then

I pity those small girls using iPhone 4 to iPhone 6. Now that WhatsApp is no longer supported on their device, they will go for another season of marathon sex to upgrade their smartphone device.
Don't mind that agbero man jare!
Yeah! Concerning those small girls: You just nailed some fact out!
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by ELgordo(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2020
men...... I been off what's app for like 3 years now.....all I can say is rest of mind....its a blessing best decision ever.
beinstein:

I feel your pain bro. I had similar experience with BlackBerry couple of years ago.
You can get a small Android device for now until you can afford to get a good one.
I honestly don't want to imagine a day without accessing WhatsApp.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Timileyin1234(m): 11:03am On Jan 15, 2020
Edoziesmart:

From the OP screenshot, I can deduce that he is using high end windows phone that will cost more than your chinko android phone (infinix and tecno family). But due to the fact that Mark Zuckerberg don't want to still run his application on windows phone again (Only him and Bill Gates knows the reason he pull out from extending his services to that operating system) , he then mentioned earlier last year that his WhatsApp service won't work on any version of windows phone and low version of ios again after 14 January 2020. Same thing that happened to blackberry, Symbian and Java j2me phone users(which even affected me) back then

I pity those small girls using iPhone 4 to iPhone 6. Now that WhatsApp is no longer supported on their device, they will go for another season of marathon sex to upgrade their smartphone device.
Who told u WhatsApp doesn’t support iPhone 5, 6
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by BULLIONVAN4(m): 11:11am On Jan 15, 2020
axglide:
Me too oooo, my Nokia 1520 just rendered obsolete just like that, even Windows no try, they've ended support for Windows phones. Where can one buy Android phones and pay installmentally?
check Easybuy

1 Like

Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by murphybo(m): 11:16am On Jan 15, 2020
Blackeuropean:

If they try it with andriod in full, Sorry will be their next of Kin.
Be informed
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Edoziesmart(m): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2020
RexTramadol1:
Na lie

If you can collect whatsapp thru Bluetooth from a an android phone, do that

It will work

This one is a complete novice in the tech world.
Wait oo, telling the OP to collect android app and install it on his windows phone is like telling someone to collect windows pc app and install it on his Linux distro. How is that possible.

Anyway let me clarify your dumb comment as a mobile developer. Android and Windows phone is different os entirely. And they support different programming languages. 85% of android app is code with Java while 85% of Windows phone app is code with c#. I mean native app and not hybrid app. It seems Windows phone don't support hybrid app again (I don't know again cus I hate coding for windows phone)

Android app run on apk file extension while Windows phone run on xap file extension. So they are in no way compatible with each other. Even if you code the app with a paradigm language and compile it in different os compiler it won't still work.

windows phone is not open source while android is open source, which made it 99% prone to hack.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Edoziesmart(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2020
RexTramadol1:
Na lie

If you can collect whatsapp thru Bluetooth from a an android phone, do that

It will work

Yinmu
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by augustohezekiah(m): 11:21am On Jan 15, 2020
WonderManly:
Nawa o! my window phone just end their support for WhatsApp
facebook better not trying all this upgrading whatsapp is doin abeg...
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Elxandre(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2020
Ausrichie:

Windows has too many problems they love taxing people so much, updates are too much, system crashed failures fvck. Too fully operate windows without hacking anything or downloading cracked content is expensive so, Windows on computers cup go soon full, though Android is crappy it is open source so you can tweak it. That is if you are a developer.
Cup go soon full for who to overthrow?
Apple with its expensive macs? grin
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by RexTramadol1: 11:26am On Jan 15, 2020
Edoziesmart:

This one is a complete novice in the tech world.
Wait oo, telling the OP to collect android app and install it on his windows phone is like telling someone to collect windows pc app and install it on his Linux distro. How is that possible.

Anyway let me clarify your dumb comment as a mobile developer. Android and Windows phone is different os entirely. And they support different programming languages. 85% of android app is code with Java while 85% of Windows phone app is code with c#. I mean native app and not hybrid app. It seems Windows phone don't support hybrid app again (I don't know again cus I hate coding for windows phone)

Android app run on apk file extension while Windows phone run on xap file extension. So they are in no way compatible with each other. Even if you code the app with a paradigm language and compile it in different os compiler it won't still work.

windows phone is not open source while android is open source, which made it 99% prone to hack.

Lol, novice fire

Before I started using IPhone, I used windows devices

Same thing up there came up my screen, when I tried upgrading my whatsapp

I thought it won't work anymore, but one day a lady just came to my place and told me to delete the downloaded version, I did and she just sent another to me through Bluetooth

It worked till the phone had fault, I abandoned it since then

It might still work.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by RexTramadol1: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2020
Angelus1:

chaii bro
your GF will be ashamed of you

When all you do is use android, how will you try new things
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Edoziesmart(m): 11:27am On Jan 15, 2020
Timileyin1234:

Who told u WhatsApp doesn’t support iPhone 5, 6

They will soon stop their service on that cell phone version. If you are using iPhone below that range just double your hustle before they quit supporting the version.

Else you will come here to cry like the OP soon.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by RexTramadol1: 11:30am On Jan 15, 2020
Edoziesmart:

Very funny..... iPhone 6 upward still receives iOS updates, so what's your point?

I don't know about 5 but someone using 6 has the notification of iOS 13 just same as iPhone 11

Say less my own
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Elxandre(m): 11:30am On Jan 15, 2020
RexTramadol1:

Lol, novice fire

I thought it won't work anymore, but one day a lady just came to my place and told me to delete the downloaded version, I did and she just sent another to me through Bluetooth

It might still work.
Broo. It won't work na.
How do you want to run an android app on a windows phone.
Doesn't work like that. lipsrsealed
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Edoziesmart(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2020
RexTramadol1:

Lol, novice fire

It might still work.

Oga you are using an android phone with a Windows ui.

Just like those guys using an android phone with blackberry ui eg blackberry Q10, z30 family.

Don't tell me things about smartphone because I have been using high end phone since 2007.
Which I guess some people here don't even have monochrome phone to use let alone browsing Symbian phone then.

13 years in the tech industry no be 3 years.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by RexTramadol1: 11:31am On Jan 15, 2020
Elxandre:

Broo. It won't work na.
How do you want to run an android app on a windows phone.
Doesn't work like that. lipsrsealed

Bro, if I didn't use it I won't believe it too

But I swear it did, just last year o
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by RexTramadol1: 11:32am On Jan 15, 2020
Edoziesmart:

Oga you are using an android phone with a Windows ui.

Just like those guys using an android phone with blackberry ui eg blackberry Q10, z30 family.

Don't tell me things about smartphone because I have been using high end phone since 2007.
Which I guess some people here don't even have monochrome phone to use let alone browsing Symbian phone then.

13 years in the tech industry no be 3 years.

If Nokia Lumia 650 cyan is an android
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by RexTramadol1: 11:35am On Jan 15, 2020
Angelus1:
lol bro relax na green horns you be

No need to argue with you tho'
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Ryocaj(m): 11:44am On Jan 15, 2020
Ausrichie:

Windows has too many problems they love taxing people so much, updates are too much, system crashed failures fvck. Too fully operate windows without hacking anything or downloading cracked content is expensive so, Windows on computers cup go soon full, though Android is crappy it is open source so you can tweak it. That is if you are a developer.
System Crash? What brand n Version did u use?
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Ryocaj(m): 11:44am On Jan 15, 2020
micxwell:
You asked a question and still ended up answering it. Welldone cheesy
Yh I did.. thats d only rational reason I guess..
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 15, 2020
Elxandre:

Cup go soon full for who to overthrow?
Apple with its expensive macs? grin
I mean the operating system, not products fvck Apple.grin Apple have no say in the computer segment they where good at the beginning but now make them just face their iPhone. But my problem with Windows is that they did not use the Operating system standard used by almost all operating systems, thereby making life hard for developers and users as well. If I create an app on a Linux system, I can't port it to Windows which is why that Write Once Run everywhere shit is a useless lie that was used by Oracle when they newly created JAVA.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2020
Ryocaj:

System Crash? What brand n Version did u use?
Bros it has been ages ago that was like my first phone one of those annoying Lucia phones. And I mean the Windows operating system not their products. Their Hardware products are really strong. But Windows ehn on computers and phones them no try.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Ryocaj(m): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ausrichie:

Bros it has been ages ago that was like my first phone one of those annoying Lucia phones. And I mean the Windows operating system not their products. Their Hardware products are really strong. But Windows ehn on computers and phones them no try.
Can u imagine.. M talking Microsoft Windows Phones 8.1 upwards.. d best phones I ever used..
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ryocaj:

Can u imagine.. M talking Microsoft Windows Phones 8.1 upwards.. d best phones I ever used..
Oh okay. See me with my big headgringrin but honestly speaking Windows on PC is annoying Windows 10 is just there to rob us.
Re: My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
If your device is on window 7, then that's definitely the cause.. Microsoft has ended the support for Window 7 yesterday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Are The Top 5 Most Used Apps On Your Smartphone? / Dangers Of Connecting To Free Wi-fi Networks / How To Download Youtube Videos With Your Phone [android,ios,blackberry]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.