Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,108 members, 7,916,229 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:27 PM

No Extreme Poverty In The East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Extreme Poverty In The East (1936 Views)

91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock / Extreme Poverty Looms As Nigerians Lose 20.9m Jobs In Three APC Years / 1.1m Nigerians Slip Into Extreme Poverty In Four Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Extreme Poverty In The East by Carkeyng: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2020
Nigeria is fast becoming the extreme poverty capital of the world.
IDPS camps have sprout out almost every corner in Nigeria, especially northern Nigeria but the eastern part.
I just traveled to the east and I was surprised no extreme poverty there. Yes, some people might be poor but not the type of poverty you see in the north or other places.
There is plenty borehole water in most villages so clean drinking water is available to all. And, those borehole were owned by individuals who made it public for those who do not have.
And also, most families have people in abroad, lagos or abuja who send money home.
Population is average unlike what we see in other regions. Most youths are into one job or the other or one business or the other.
Real estate business is on the increase and they do not build shanties in the east. Nobody buys land in the east to build shanties on it.
Every family seems to be rich. Unlike what we see other places, where an entire village or family will be extremely poor.
People in the east don't joke with education as also they don't joke with money. In every family down there, one person, especially female, must be a graduate.

Now you will begin to know why there are many police check points on the roads to the east. That's where the money is.

7 Likes

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by agwom(m): 11:49am On Jan 15, 2020
hmmm
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by crestedaguiyi: 11:54am On Jan 15, 2020
una don start this morning
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by TooMuchStuff: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
kissSee the Nigeria story in the picture above.
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Carkeyng: 1:59am On Jan 16, 2020
Any good news from the east irritate some people.

12 Likes

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Earlystar698(m): 2:05am On Jan 16, 2020
grin
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by landforeast(m): 3:15am On Jan 16, 2020
That is just the fact
I was in Awka, Enugu, Owerri and some other villages recently and I can't hold it but gush at the speed of development hitting the East. Unfortunately some people born and bred in Ognomosho cave who have never travelled out of their enclave or have ever seen a close view of a plane talk more of an airport will tell you that East is lanclock and dwelling in poverty. I just pity them. East is ok and very good lace to live.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by yarimo(m): 3:31am On Jan 16, 2020
Op you are absolutely right, their is no extreme poverty in the south east but extreme kidnapping , rituals and arm robbery. grin grin
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Carkeyng: 8:18am On Jan 16, 2020
yarimo:
Op you are absolutely right, their is no extreme poverty in the south east but extreme kidnapping , rituals and arm robbery. grin grin

As far as i am concerned, there is more ritual killings in the west, 200 times than in the east. As far as i am concerned, there is more kidnapping in the north than in the east.
As far as i am concerned, there is more armed robbery in kwara than entire east.

There is no extreme poverty in the east like it is in the west and in the north. Kill yourself there �

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by BeardedMeat(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2020
yarimo:
There's no extreme poverty in SE. Fact.

3 Likes

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Arrewa: 8:54am On Jan 16, 2020
God bless northern Nigeria
Keep deceiving yourselves the new generation of Northern Nigeria go shock una like electric! Keep on deceiving yourselves... One aboki in the north is more politically enlighten than a professor in the south east...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Arrewa: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2020
Your hatred for Northern Nigeria is making us stronger than ever before!
Stop deceiving yourselves with those Aboki you see in the east which are giving you hope that you're better than us.... Those guys ain't Nigerians but from Niger republic the fact that they speak Hausa doesn't make them Hausa... They are migrants from Niger republic... An average northern don't travel to South except those in military, custom, Police and those doing business...kano alone is better than all eastern state combine!

1 Share

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Arrewa: 9:14am On Jan 16, 2020
The east should stop deceiving themselves that they are doing better than other regions... The east is the most backward region in Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by 9japride(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2020
Arrewa:
The east should stop deceiving themselves that they are doing better than other regions... The east is the most backward region in Nigeria
[color=#000099][/color]

It is very disgusting that those whose region are known for high level of poverty and their surroundings nothing to write home about come online to insult others. I have also noticed these days, there is a calculated attempt to give the south East a bad name. Any southern Nigerian tribes that joins these hateful beings to insult their southern brothers needs their head examinered. It will be helpful people travel around and see things physically. Touts are also online same with the Touts seen in our society

4 Likes

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Arrewa: 9:55am On Jan 16, 2020
This is the poverty and backwardness we are talking about... Let's hold our leaders accountable not just insulting the president it will change nothing... Am not insulting the east... This is just the bitter truth that we must accept

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Ofemannnu: 10:08am On Jan 16, 2020
Why!Why?
If you are good get better. Stop disparaging the other regions. It is not palatable. People will think you are hatred personified. Let us be good citizens.
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by CharlotteFlair: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2020
Arrewa:
This is the poverty and backwardness we are talking about... Let's hold our leaders accountable not just insulting the president it will change nothing... Am not insulting the east... This is just the bitter truth that we must accept
Anyone who will waste his data countering you with pictures or links would have his head examined in yabaleft.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by CharlotteFlair: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2020
Ofemannnu:
Why!Why?
If you are good get better. Stop disparaging the other regions. It is not palatable. People will think you are hatred personified. Let us be good citizens.
Start by changing your moniker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Crayfish09: 11:29am On Jan 16, 2020
Arrewa:
Keep deceiving yourselves the new generation of Northern Nigeria go shock una like electric! Keep on deceiving yourselves... One aboki in the north is more politically enlighten than a professor in the south east...

Oga just cool down and let them keep deceiving themselves. More and more of our children are embracing education and our governors are far far better than their kerosene and ponmo merchants. I would pick Kano or Kaduna over most south eastern states. They will just be left behind shouting "our oyel" while their useless leaders loot them all the way to slavery.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Ttipsy(f): 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
following
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Arrewa: 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2020
I was very very disappointed when I visited abia... Jigawa is far better than abia upon all the mouth way Igbos dey make online... So all na packaging
Crayfish09:

Oga just cool down and let them keep deceiving themselves. More and more of our children are embracing education and our governors are far far better than their kerosene and ponmo merchants. I would pick Kano or Kaduna over most south eastern states. They will just be left behind shouting "our oyel" while their useless leaders loot them all the way to slavery.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by CharlotteFlair: 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2020
NO EXTREME POVERTY IN SE

1 Like

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by horsepower102: 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
This is a statement of Fact.

I opened a thread to showcase what the average igbo village looks like but the envious mod after seeing the beautiful picture took it to another section to die.

There is still poverty in the south east but not a lot.

BUT THERE IS ZERO EXTREME POVERTY IN THE SOUTH EAST.

2 Likes

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Carkeyng: 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
The hatred is real. Whether you like it or not, there is no extreme poverty in the east.

2 Likes

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by tartar9(m): 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
Can you just simply show us the poverty stats undecided
According to all a available studies the SW has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria.Do you think we don't know that of all the southern states only in the SE do we find a state like ebonyi with highest poverty rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by MasterKernel: 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2020
Arrewa:

Oga wake up. What has North to offer?

Illiteracy
Poverty
Disease
Hunger
Insurgency
Banditry
Civil unrest
Fanatism

Oga... Aside free money from Niger Delta, Niger will be better than the North.
What's the need of power without emaciation?
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by MasterKernel: 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Crayfish09:

Crayfish, who have stolen than Sani Abacha in the history of Nigeria?
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by Crayfish09: 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
MasterKernel:

Crayfish, who have stolen than Sani Abacha in the history of Nigeria?

And you think I care about that thief? I don't support people because of ethnicity.
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by jimyjames(m): 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
yarimo:

There are thousands of ritual factory's in Yoruba land

Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by nlPoster: 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2020
OP could you tell us where the picture was taken so people can look into it.

Thanks.

There are interested parties who want to assist.
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by tartar9(m): 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
MasterKernel:

Oga wake up. What has North to offer?

Illiteracy
Poverty
Disease
Hunger
Insurgency
Banditry
Civil unrest
Fanatism

Oga... Aside free money from Niger Delta, Niger will be better than the North.
What's the need of power without emaciation?
The same free oil money the SE depends on right?
Re: No Extreme Poverty In The East by MasterKernel: 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
tartar9:

The same free oil money the SE depends on right?

Which indices shows the North is getting better with the money?

Education
Sports
Innovation
Technology
Economy
Where can North compare to others?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu/ Ipob Should Join Nigeria Politics- Cardinal Arinze / Nigeria The Most Dangerous Place To Be A Christian? Let’s Put That In Context / Edo 2020: Ekpoma Town: Shuaibu Vs Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.