Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,688 members, 7,951,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog (52953 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Buccaneers Confraternity Trades Words With The Pyrates Confraternity / Lagos Pastor Confesses: I Belong To The Ogboni Confraternity (FULL INTERVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by sexybills: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2010
Please I want to know the following about the Pyrates Confraternity

Mode and method of Initiation
Period of Initiation
Advantages/Disadvantages of Seadogs

and many more
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by newmusic: 6:46pm On Dec 06, 2010
Why do you want to know? 

Sorry for my question, jus curious.
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by NnamdiN: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
It seems they are legally recognized, I once saw their ad in a newspaper.
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 07, 2010
BRIEFLY

MADE ITS MARK AS A STUDENT PRESSURE GROUP WHEN IT STARTED OUT IN NIGERIA.

TURNED INTO A CULT GROUP GEARED TOWARDS VIOLENCE BY THOSE WHO DID NOT UNDERSTAND ITS GOALS AND OBJECTIVES.

REBRANDED AND REFORMED ITSELF INTO AN ASSOCIATION WITH HIGH STANDING MEMBERS TODAY.

AHOY!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by Image123(m): 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2010
They are a cult group. They have nothing to offer that truly lasts. Joining them in school is even most worse. It disorients your purpose in life, exposes you to crime, would impair your cgpa, can lead to your 'timely' death, and would pit you as an enemy of God. The only 'advantage' is that you get to feel among. Advice is if you're looking for a real cool 'feel among' group, join any fellowship, even msss will achieve that. Every other 'benefit' can be achieved on your own, no need to join any cult.

8 Likes

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by newmusic: 2:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
Thinking of joining Better not.

And mind you, pc in school is not recognised again by the founding fathers (you are on your own).
But after graduation with good job,bright prospect, you can be accepted to be a member, you must be intelligent as well.

For history, it was formed in 1952 to combat oppression from the white folks in the then University College, now UI,Ibadan. It was not formed as a violent group but a pressure group that speaks for its member. They are likeminded people that comes together to fight ills and injustice. It later turned out that some peeps went violent and involved in drugs and other vices and were expelled from the group. This create rival groups and these groups involve in violence and have a lot of evil secret agenda and was termed SECRET CULT.

This prompt the PC to close all its activities in all institutions but opened only for graduates and workers. Now it operates as a kind of pro-democracy group. You can see them on TV, Newspapers performing social responsibilties.

However, there are sniffs of PC activities on campuses but it is totally not accepted and has no back up from the founding fathers. So if you are caught, you are on your own and will be treated as any other cult group.

You may want to know about it, but there is no point in joining.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by sexybills: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2010
who told you I am in school and that I want to join the PC. I only ran into them some where and was just curious to know more about them and why on earth the enjoy being members of sailors.

Why I was curios about their initiation is becos of my cousin who looks very innocent and harmless, i wanted to know if someone like him can survive an occult initiation.

I also learnt that on the day of their burial their heart is removed is it true?

Its rilli weird some of them i saw look very poor. what on earth do the enjoy being members of PC
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by Bastage: 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2010
If you wish to become a successful Yahoo boi, then join them.
They preach justice and morality but once the meeting has broken up, they revert to being criminals.

All the guys I know in there are on the 419 train.

2 Likes

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by newmusic: 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2010
Why I was curios about their initiation is becos of my cousin who looks very innocent and harmless, i wanted to know if someone like him can survive an occult initiation.

Do you mean that your cousin told you he wants to join and you are even aware of that?

Let's see when soyinka dies,if they will remove his heart,lol.
Being a member of any group does not make one rich nor poor. It is destiny,hardwork and God's grace that will determine ones future.

Your cousin is harmless and wants to join or has joined, are you encouraging him or you are carried away with the I BELONG trend?
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by TarryFour: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
There are 'Pyrates Confraternity' and there are Pyrates Confraternity. So your cousin be better aware of what he joins. The Real and original Pyrates confraternities have been abolished from all institutions in Nigeria. Thos you have calling themselves 'pyrates confraternity' 'pirate' 'The pyrates' etc are disgruntled elements who grouped together for the purpose of fomenting different atrocities. You also have groups like the Buccaneers, etc started also by certain disgruntled elements expelled from the real and original Pyrates Confraternities for activities unbecoming of a Pyrate. After forming their groups they went out causing troubles all over the place for the Pyrates confraternity because they were expelled. And they also foolishly believed that the more hard, harsh and criminal they become, the more people would fear them like people 'fear' the genuine pyrates, forgetting that the pyrates earned their respect (not fear)through the years until these pseudo groups started to tarnish its image. At some point they even went as far as going out in fake 'pyrates' regalia to commit atrocities on campus and the campus community including the authorities would say 'ah1 it's the pyrates at work again' Unfortunately this is what people like Pro. Awe and others like him trying to unravel the problem of cultism are yet to come to terms with.
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by zubike01(m): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2012
you all should take a look at this link tells an interesting story about confra www.jollyrougeseries.com hope this helps answer your questions
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by TarryFour: 11:56am On Aug 13, 2012
The story at confra www.jollyrougeseries.com is mere fiction. The guy wants advice.
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by Nimshi: 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
It is dangerous to equate the Seadogs with the thugs in PC cults in Nigerian universities. . .

For the Seadogs: you could apply this year, in November/December (becoming a member isn't as easy as you may think; try it)

There are branches in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.

You have an Internet connection, the basic information you need could be found here:

http://www.nas-int.org/

2 Likes

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by tobechi74: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
. If u want to know, JOIN. they are secret group
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by Coolcube: 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
If you want to know about it visit www.nas-int.org. From the little I know about the organisation, it's not a secret cult. I am not a member but I was granted entry into a public lecture they held at UI last August. A lot of well meaning Nigerians were there including Prof. Akinwumi Ishola, who delivered the lecture, and a top shot in SSS. The history and structure of the organisation was spelt out. Their club house in Ibadan is not also far from my house (just 2 streets) so I get a bit of some of their activities. Read up yourself and form your opinion.

1 Like

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by nattybanta(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
sense b4 slogan
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by kel4soft: 1:56am On Jul 22, 2014
OP

Have you finally join?
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by shibikan(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2014
me too wan join i no wan be elebe angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by wolesmile(m): 12:46am On Jul 30, 2015
Ahoy Sea Dogs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by exco90(m): 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=wolesmile post=36413362]Ahoy Sea Dogs
Nass..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by nattybanta(m): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2015
exco90:

Ahoy.. Association of humble and obedient youth.. Very cool and lovely confraternity. Small but mighty with federal government back up. They hardly have carry over.. For the initiation aspect.. Not that very hard.. Candle wax on ur palm and other small things like that. U join dem with letter.. And u must be a student. With matric number.. Not like that of the rest Anyhow people can join.. In mapoly chapter they will know ur gp before u.
Nass.. Karamba. 2015.
Canary

1 Like

Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by bamiworld(m): 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Image123:
They are a cult group. They have nothing to offer that truly lasts. Joining them in school is even most worse. It disorients your purpose in life, exposes you to crime, would impair your cgpa, can lead to your 'timely' death, and would pit you as an enemy of God. The only 'advantage' is that you get to feel among. Advice is if you're looking for a real cool 'feel among' group, join any fellowship, even msss will achieve that. Every other 'benefit' can be achieved on your own, no need to join any cult.

You know nothing about pyrate so dont even mention this would impair your cgpa because na even cgpa dem dey use join am so know this n know truth because if you are not first student you cant join
Re: I Wantr To Know More About The Pyrates Confraternity Aka Seadog by Image123(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
bamiworld:

You know nothing about pyrate so dont even mention this would impair your cgpa because na even cgpa dem dey use join am so know this n know truth because if you are not first student you cant join

Okay wise one.

(1) (Reply)

South African Pastor 'Heals' Woman's 'Vagina Pimples' With His Shoe (Video) / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses / Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.