Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,551 members, 7,944,646 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:49 PM

Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? (5106 Views)

Child Adoption In Nigeria. Pls Help. / How Do I Go About Asking Him To Leave Without Sounding Bad? / Is There No Legal Way Of Child Adoption In Nigeria?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by babalase(m): 8:56am On Dec 07, 2010
please I want to adopt my nephew and niece in nigeria but I don't know where to start from,their dad is late but their mum is alive and she has giving me go ahead to adopt the children legally,I want a better life for them hence I want to adopt them and relocate them to united state,the eldest one is ten years old while the other is seven years old,please how do I start?
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
Its makes it easier that they are your relatives. Go to the social development secretariate in the local governement secretariate they will direct you appropirately
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by babalase(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
@Aisha 2,thank you so much,the irony of it is that my niece name is Aishat.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by anonimi: 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2010
@aisha2
I got your RSVP message but can't reach your phone number.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2010
babalase:

@Aisha 2,thank you so much,the irony of it is that my niece name is Aishat.
Nice to know. I wish you the best. If you are in Abuja, I can be of assistance. What you are doing is great, god will provide the means to care , love and protect your kids
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2010
babalase:

please I want to adopt my nephew and niece in nigeria but I don't know where to start from,their dad is late but their mum is alive and she has giving me go ahead to adopt the children legally,I want a better life for them hence I want to adopt them and relocate them to united state,the eldest one is ten years old while the other is seven years old,please how do I start?
If their mum is alive why not foster them?why adopt them or adopting them legally wud make it easier for u bring them abroad with u undecided
Write the Social welfare office of their location and inform them of ur motives.It takes quite some time and most times,they wud require to have u in person during the processing.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by babalase(m): 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
ifyalways:

If their mum is alive why not foster them?why adopt them or adopting them legally wud make it easier for u bring them abroad with u undecided
Write the Social welfare office of their location and inform them of your motives.It takes quite some time and most times,they wud require to have u in person during the processing.

A m not sure about the easiest route,i pray someone advise me on this,all am interested on is to bring them to united state legally.

thanks for the new clue,i will make enquiry but wait a minute what is the difference?
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 10:13am On Dec 11, 2010
babalase:

A m not sure about the easiest route,i pray someone advise me on this,all am interested on is to bring them to united state legally.

thanks for the new clue,i will make enquiry but wait a minute what is the difference?
Foster-parent is a person who acts as parent and guardian for a child in place of the child's natural parents but without legally adopting the child.You as the foster parent,takes care of everything abt the children(shelter,food,education,health,clothing etc).
In your case,in as much as u want to help but for the fact that the "mother" [/b]of those kids are alive,it wud be advisable to foster them.
Btwn,u can still take them to the states legally without necessarily adopting them.
Again,are u married?cos if u are single and thinking of adopting legally in [b]Nigeria
. . . .you are in for a very lonnnng thing.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Adoption In Nigeria? by bintab(f): 8:30am On Mar 07, 2011
ifyalways:

Foster-parent is a person who acts as parent and guardian for a child in place of the child's natural parents but without legally adopting the child.You as the foster parent,takes care of everything abt the children(shelter,food,education,health,clothing etc).
In your case,in as much as u want to help but for the fact that the "mother" [/b]of those kids are alive,it wud be advisable to foster them.
Btwn,u can still take them to the states legally without necessarily adopting them.
Again,are u married?cos if u are single and thinking of adopting legally in [b]Nigeria
. . . .you are in for a very lonnnng thing.
i think it is more wise to adopt them from my own experienced by that you can make any decision on them while they are here without the nosy of the government or some other organisations and more also they will be entiltle to allĀ  your benefits including insurance and the rest.

(1) (Reply)

. / Help!! My Brothers Wife Keeps Finding Faults In Everything I Do!!! / Your Husband Cracks A Joke And Your Maid Says 'Naughty Boy', What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.