Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,503 members, 7,898,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:14 AM

Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun (21692 Views)

Falling Oil Price: Fayemi Says States May Get Zero FAAC Allocations In June / Amotekun: Fayemi Says South-West Has No Plans To Secede / Bisi Fayemi Says She Was Sexually Harassed In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by executive12: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2020
bkool7:
That Malami is a typical example of the type of incompetent, irrational and bigotry advice General Buhari must have been getting from his advisers.

Buhari himself is a bigot too.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by buhari655(m): 8:43am On Jan 18, 2020
Can someone pls give me a good reason why i should support Amotekun.

Amotekun are not foreigner s, they're Nigerians.

They wont take bullet for anyone rather they will join hands with the nigeria police and continue extorting money from the ordinary civilian.

The governor(s) will be using them to rig election and cover any mischievous deeds.

With the kind of mindset and self interest people Nigerians are, we're not ready for state police aka Amotekun.

Pls someone shud proof me wrong.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by executive12: 8:43am On Jan 18, 2020
Blue3k:
Why haven't the spoke up about supporting the initiative yet. The IGP and rest of security agencies have media spokemen.

How can they speak out in support when their bosses in Miyetti Allah have spoken against it?
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by BizBayo: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2020
buhari655:

They wont take bullet for anyone rather they will join hands with the nigeria police and continue extorting money from the ordinary civilian.

The governor(s) will be using them to rig election and cover any mischievous deeds.

With the kind of mindset and self interest people Nigerians are, we're not ready for state police aka Amotekun.

You don't matter... So we don't need your support.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by executive12: 8:46am On Jan 18, 2020
olaric:
Goes to show that this government is disjointed and don't exchange information. How on earth is Malami not in the know, and yet instead of asking still came out publicly to exhibit his ignorance and foolishness?

Malami was very much aware of the Amotekun initiative. I believe that he started speaking against it because the Miyetti Allah went to them to complain. What we have is a Fulani Federal government.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by richPHAROAH: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2020
id4sho:
ÀMỌ̀TẸ́KÙN simply means ARMOURED TROOPS.
MILITIAS in disguise.
Never will it happen, its dead on arrival. Exact replica of OPC of yesteryears. Bombing upandan, harassment here and there. Abegi

Be Guided
we dont even care what it means. giving fire arms to bloody civilians to guard a community is unconstitutional. giving arms to a particular tribe to guard another tribe is calling for lowkey civil war
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Akanoaaa(m): 8:50am On Jan 18, 2020
We present to you, The Chief Commander Of Amotekun. Do anyhow and see anyhow. grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by richPHAROAH: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2020
DominusPrime:
What you see is amotekun...what I see is a failed system. How they can have hisbah and query this project beats me.
hisbah doesnt use fire arms, hisbah dosnt target a particular tribe. dont talk like a mumu man angry
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by orisa37: 8:52am On Jan 18, 2020
To Fayemi, Akeredolu, other 4 Governors of the SW and Osinbajo.

AMOTEKUN IS GOOD AND THE YORUBAS CONGRATULATE YOU FOR THE LAUNCH. IT'S A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

But please note that real and genuine UNITY OF NIGERIA rests with GRANTING FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by richPHAROAH: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2020
Amustical:

who tell you lagos backed out.... let me tell younthe real fact. Lagos is more keyed into it. Personel are already on ground going for pateol. Lagos state has set aside some lnsc personel and some police officers who is already going round and patroling the borders of lagos with other state and this are the people that we work for them with the its going to be a joint patrol and survaillance. Mind you, Lnsc officers still dey Kampe
lnsc dont use fire arms
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by AreaFada2: 8:57am On Jan 18, 2020
RedBlackPepper:
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Rustlers threatened not to give South West the Presidential candidacy in 2023 if Yorubas wouldn't stop this Amotekun bruhaha. Is being president of Nigeria not better than policing your region?

So that that a Yoruba president can preside over many Yoruba people killed, maimed and raped by killer herdsmen? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm sure Pa Awo if he were alive would say to hell with presidency. He made Yorubaland the most developed part of Africa. He was a Pan-Yoruba man who long understood that Nigeria is a mere geographical expression and a tool for Fulani expansion.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by ruffyjolly(m): 9:05am On Jan 18, 2020
This is an indication that the greedy man with the political power in the South west is toying with our lives. Let us all render him useless in the next election by voting out his party in Lagos, Ogun and Kwara States.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by DennisEche(m): 9:10am On Jan 18, 2020
fairfora:
He's no more relevant amongst us. We dont need his comment. Its inconsequential
Don't let sarki,helinuis to hear you, I laugh when people compare Tinubu and Awolowo,one is selfish the other is selfless
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by BankyGee(m): 9:38am On Jan 18, 2020
tonyhoney:
I just like the name and the Logo. Amotekun. Nightmare for some people grin grin grin
Ahswear brah grin

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Reference(m): 9:46am On Jan 18, 2020
Oga governor. Security chiefs are not the law. Anything outside the law is self determination no different from what IPOB is doing except that in your case you swore to uphold the Constitution of the Federal Republic if Nigeria so you are not a pressure group but much worse.

You guys have 18 Senators or so and probably 40 to 50 Representatives stacked up in Abuja where they can engage the rest of Nigeria, answer their questions and allay their fears. Why is the cart before the horse. Why was the mattrer not tabled for information, debate and legislation..... and you call yourselves democrats.

Right ideals, completely wrong way to go about it. Serious probkems ahead. We just cannot avoid the 'R' Word if this country is to succeed. We must learn to talk, discourse, negotiate our way out of problems and onto platfirms of co-operation and solidarity.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Mccullum: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2020
[quote author=id4sho post=85889174]ÀMỌ̀TẸ́KÙN simply means ARMOURED TROOPS.
MILITIAS in disguise.
Never will it happen, its dead on arrival. Exact replica of OPC of yesteryears. Bombing upandan, harassment here and there. Abegi

Be Guided[/quote

See exhibitor of ignorance and stupidity, is amotekun militants or group of militias that not under the government control, the answer is no because it'll be under the control of Western Nigeria governors' security arrangement for intelligent gathering to all federal government security agencies.

Go and be informed before commenting on any matters
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by BizBayo: 10:04am On Jan 18, 2020
Reference:
Oga governor. Security chiefs are not the law. Anything outside the law is self determination no different from what IPOB is doing except that in your case you swore to uphold the Constitution of the Federal Republic if Nigeria so you are not a pressure group but much worse.

You guys have 18 Senators or so and probably 40 to 50 Representatives stacked up in Abuja where they can engage the rest of Nigeria, answer their questions and allay their fears. Why is the cart before the horse. Why was the mattrer not tabled for information, debate and legislation..... and you call yourselves democrats.

Right ideals, completely wrong way to go about it. Serious probkems ahead. We just cannot avoid the 'R' Word if this country is to succeed. We must learn to talk, discourse, negotiate our way out of problems and onto platfirms of co-operation and solidarity.

You have made no sense.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Jaqenhghar: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2020
bkool7:
That Malami is a typical example of the type of incompetent, irrational and bigotry advice General Buhari must have been getting from his advisers.
Malami is not speaking our of his ass. He understands his oga well and I believe his oga approves.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by bakescos01: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2020
id4sho:
MILITIAS in disguise.

Be Guided

How much are they paying you this person for this kind of statement? Do you feel the security of life is arguable? All the killings that happened in 2019 the government did nothing about it. They always say we will investigate and nothing is done. We all know about the Wadume's case. He confessed the crime with his mouth and yet he hasn't been sentenced. Some rumor going round says he is a free man already and they call him to show up when the need him. He is not sentenced and we all know that for sure, the killing of the elder statesman daughter. The police promise to fish out those behind the killings and till now no one is in jail for that. We see police abusing and killing Nigerian citizens every day and nothing is done. And you say Amotekun is dead on arrival , go and kill it ok. It's meant to stay.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Guestlander: 11:55am On Jan 18, 2020
buhari655:

But you are ready and quite comfortable with whole villages being razed down and everyone including babies massacred.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2020
id4sho:
MILITIAS in disguise.

Be Guided

When OPC was in charge of security they performed a super excellent job.

Armed robber feared and shivered anytime they heard OPC.

You know nothing.

Go to neighbourhoods in Lagos being guarded by OPC and ask when was the last time armed robbers visited them there.

I'd put my security in the hands of OPC before ever thinking of the Nigeria Police Force, aka official and uniformed armed robbers.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2020
orisa37:
To Fayemi, Akeredolu, other 4 Governors of the SW and Osinbajo.

AMOTEKUN IS GOOD AND THE YORUBAS CONGRATULATE YOU FOR THE LAUNCH. IT'S A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

But please note that real and genuine UNITY OF NIGERIA rests with GRANTING FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.

Nigeria is a farce. Has always been. Will always be.

True development can not come to Yorubaland until it breaks away from Nigeria.

Whatever development that would have been achieved will be stymied by ready influx of other regions into that sole region.

Others won't bother to hold their leaders accountable because they can just easily move across the country and relocate like they been doing for decades now. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
All the massacres in Nigeria has never made you curious or ask for proof, I remember how Buhari quickly disarmed the middle belt and then unleashed herdsmen, it's not going to happen in the SW.

Amotekun don come

buhari655:

Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by bkool7(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Malami is not speaking our of his ass. He understands his oga well and I believe his oga approves.

He doesn't
In the meeting he had with the security chiefs yesterday, they all approved Amoteku
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Jaqenhghar: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
bkool7:

He doesn't
In the meeting he had with the security chiefs yesterday, they all approved Amoteku
Really? I take it you have inside info
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
Amotekun777:
I'm here to stay!

Fulani Fvckers... Welcome to hell! angry
Pls change ur moniker to amotekun007 cool
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
executive12:

Malami was very much aware of the Amotekun initiative. I believe that he started speaking against it because the Miyetti Allah went to them to complain. What we have is a Fulani Federal government.
Thank you. It's the voice of malami and the hands of the cabal a la Miyetti Allah
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 19, 2020
richPHAROAH:
hisbah doesnt use fire arms, hisbah dosnt target a particular tribe. dont talk like a mumu man angry
My friend keep quiet. Do the ibos in he north present themselves as a violent tribe? Or does the hisbah have any tribe attacking their farmlands and raping their wives?
With the kind of havoc your people are wrecking in the south you expect amotekun to use sticks to fight them? If you don't have a better, safer solution to this problem then keep quiet.
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by bkool7(m): 8:39am On Jan 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Really? I take it you have inside info

It was made public by the spoke person of the security chiefs. I take it you were not aware .
https://m.guardian.ng/news/national-security-agencies-backed-amotekun-says-fayemi/
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by Jaqenhghar: 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
bkool7:

It was made public by the spoke person of the security chiefs. I take it you were not aware .
https://m.guardian.ng/news/national-security-agencies-backed-amotekun-says-fayemi/
If I was aware I won't be putting up that post nah
Re: Fayemi Says National Security Agencies Backed Amotekun by richPHAROAH: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
DominusPrime:

My friend keep quiet. Do the ibos in he north present themselves as a violent tribe? Or does the hisbah have any tribe attacking their farmlands and raping their wives?
With the kind of havoc your people are wrecking in the south you expect amotekun to use sticks to fight them? If you don't have a better, safer solution to this problem then keep quiet.
shut up. i am an not from the north, but i support them. these people where never violent till we started pushing them, now they are reacting and everyone is complaining. why must you give fire arms to a bloodly untrained tout in the name of security?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK): Nigerian Army Renames Operation In The North East / JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies / Urhobo-pandef Wants New Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.