Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,826 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:34 AM

Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation (16975 Views)

10 Best Medical Schools In Nigeria / Three Igbinedion University Students Die In Car Cras (Warning: Graphic Photos) / The Value Of Romanian Medical Schools-Quality EU Degree,Cheap Tuition fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by beknown(m): 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2010
This is a wake-up call to all Nigerian students attending any university in Nigeria.

If you vote for politicians because they gave you peanut and a bowl of soup, na you sabi.

Corrupt politicians do not care about failing infrastructure in universities or any school. The children of most politicians are far away in the UK, USA, Canada and even, Ghana, studying.

Students should learn a lesson from this. Unfortunately, it is possible that many more universities will follow this shame.

Students must vote with their conscience. Students must exercise their right to vote. Students must not be used for vote rigging.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by sochan: 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2010
@Beknown,

Thank you my brother. I have been shouting this same thing on this site for so long, I don tire. Nigerians really have an opportunity to kick out a government that does not care for them. Like you rightly said, they feed them scraps, while them get fat on the countries money.

Mbadinuju's children were schooling in the UK when teachers were on strike for months in Anambra state years ago. The idiot did not care if teachers were paid or if the common mans children went to school.

Nigerians open your eyes.

PDP must be kicked out. Uniben medical school is closing while NASS wawrd themselves over 290m Naira salary per member. DO the maths
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by itsmayiela(m): 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
Thank God!

For the 1st tyme in many yrs, the regulatory authority did something fantastic. I really don't know much about UNIBEN medical school but i happen to know a lot about Uni-Igbins.

The country has just saved the lives and health of over 150,000,000 nigerians. May God help us Nigerians, may the de-accreditation of the Igbins medical school last till the university is well staffed.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Otunbakay(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
We all know Igbinedion medical college is a sham and it's disaccreditation is long overdue but disaccrediting UNIBEN is what baffles me, maybe it's due to over admitting students once that is sorted, we hope it will be reaccredited.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by seleroms: 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ggg
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:48pm On Dec 07, 2010
I wonder why people are surprised, UNIBEN has always been about past glory as far as I am concerned. Only recently have they changed the silly way in which their GPA was calculated which was 5%, 10%, 15% ,20%, 50% for 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th years respectively so you can play all you want in school and sit up in your 400 and 500 level and still come out with a very good 2-1. NUC constantly hounded them to change it and they finally gave in starting from their last admission.

I advice those going for medicine, head to calabar or port harcourt their programs are way better (according to naija standards oh)
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by slap1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2010
chamber2:

close your smelling borokiri mouth and concentrate on the topic.

bingo
So between THIS  post and mine, which is more related to the topic?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Evagreenfields: 3:51pm On Dec 07, 2010
Just spoke 2 sm of ma friends in d med.school uniben n they said ts cos of d whole population thing.they house igbenedion,smtimes ekpoma n one other skul in bayelsa.these schools in turn pay very heavily 4these services.i can just relate it 2 one thing. . .GREED
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Meldrick(m): 3:59pm On Dec 07, 2010
luvola:

@ mr ogbeche - lasu lost 10courses and not 15,hw can they di sacredit lasu law which everybody knows is d best in d country,we are unshaken wit NUC threat because we are not in good term with them since 2008,they should go to hell, lasu law stu are topping in law sch find out yourself

I had to find out and realized your information was false. Ekpoma is rated the best in Law.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Meldrick(m): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
sochan:

@Beknown,

Thank you my brother. I have been shouting this same thing on this site for so long, I don tire. Nigerians really have an opportunity to kick out a government that does not care for them. Like you rightly said, they feed them scraps, while them get fat on the countries money.

Mbadinuju's children were schooling in the UK when teachers were on strike for months in Anambra state years ago. The did not care if teachers were paid or if the common mans children went to school.

Nigerians open your eyes.

PDP must be kicked out. Uniben medical school is closing while NASS wawrd themselves over 290m Naira salary per member. DO the maths

Why are you relating it to PDP. Non PDP members are also in the NASS benefittingfrom the inhuman treatment metted out on citizens. It's not about PDP but the individual. Even the AC members are crooks.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by cynthoney(f): 4:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
Na wa oooo,

evrythin for naija don dey lose accreditation,

haba! wat else can we always be proud of in this nigeria sef? angry angry angry
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by xoxogg(f): 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2010
I am having a really crappy day angry angry angry n dis just potentially puts today as one of worst days ever angry angry angry one horrible news after another, i better call my Igbinedion friend to find out if this in any affects her.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by spearman(m): 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2010
6 new federal universities when existing ones are falling apart? undecided
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Tunsbobo(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2010
Its a pity that the level of tetiary education in nigeria is in a terrible state,
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by HARDDON: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
May God have mercy upon out EDU sys! Keeps racking half-baked and  glorified illitrates year in, year out!
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by chamber2(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2010
So between THIS post and mine, which is more related to the topic?

The topic shows the level of decay in our institutions of higher learning.Isolating one school and making caricature of it is uncalled for.
The degree of decay in the system is pervasive and requires urgent cleansing. UNIBEN med can never be better than that of IMSU which was newly built.Have you taken ur time to visit IMSU med at orlu?
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by bolafex(f): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2010
So two medical schools were disaccredited;One fact we must not lose sight of is,if NUC and other educational institutions regulatory bodies should beam their searchlight as they should,only a few will scale the hurdle;every year,we churn out half-baked graduates who have nothing to offer the society.its indeed a sad situation;successive governments in this country have done nothing to arrest the situation and the unfortunate thing is,the rot is not limited to the education sector-it cuts across all sectors.
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by DrKnow1(m): 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2010
A good move if we want to save lives
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by JUO(m): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2010
sorry o
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by kehneah: 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
luvola:

@ ogbe -daddy u can lie o,lasu lost 10courses and not 30,stop posting rubbish
10, 15, 20, wht difference does it make??
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by luvola(m): 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2010
@ med - go and research well and find out d university that has d best law,lasu student  topping in law sch, who represent nig in a law quiz competition held last year in london   ? lasu.i
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by holydante(m): 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
wow, little wonder some undergraduates demonstrated during the recent Igbinedion convocation or whatever they did. Come to think of it, additional Fed Universities are being proposed. What a misplacement of priority. Its getting very bleak
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by legacy101: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2010
Do you wish to study abroad either for undergraduate or post-graduate courses? here is your opportunity.Email us: legacyabroad@gmail.com
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by texazzpete(m): 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2010
chamber2:

UNIBEN med can never be better than that of IMSU which was newly built.Have you taken your time to visit IMSU med at orlu?

And Igbinedion was built after UNIBEN. Does that make its medical facilities better?
It isn't just about the facilities, it's also about the staff (quality and experience). And IMSU no go fit near UNIBEN on that one.

Anyway, it's been said before, the withdrawal of accreditation from UNIBEN was not due to poor infrastructure, but with overpopulation (they were taking in Students from Ekpoma and Igbinedion)
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by carlitobr(m): 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2010
, someone should tell MDCN about Madonna University Medical School
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by carlitobr(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2010
IMSU med school is ok, good facilities and good teachers. Ive bn there and it's ok
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by beninman1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
Oh dear,
The downfall of my great UNIBEN!! Well, am convinced they will rise again.

As for Okada, only Chief and his Cherie knows what they gonna do!!
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2010
Hmmm, Nigeria! Maddona University Medical School? Thought they've improved!
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by mystikal(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2010
Igbinedion's case isn't surprising. Uniben's case is disappointing
Re: Uniben, Igbinedion Medical Schools Lose Accreditation by Donmeca(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2010
It's a big shame for uniben, as for igbinedion, I'm not surprised at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unemployment: I Am Losing Interest In Studies!! / AAUA Departmental Cut-off Mark For 2017/2018 Admission Exercise Is Finally Out / JAMB Candidates Yet To Write Their Exam As Of 9pm At Oduduwa Poly, In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.