Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

Limits And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Limits And Relationships (6678 Views)

Poll: If you support LIMITATIONS..what should be limited in your relationship?

SEX: 9% (15 votes)
MONEY: 6% (11 votes)
FAMILY INTERFERENCES: 52% (87 votes)
FRIENDS/SOCIALIZATION/GOING OUT: 8% (14 votes)
AFFECTIONS: 0% (1 vote)
PHONE CALLS/CARDS/GIFTS: 3% (5 votes)
CHILDREN/FAMILY PLANNING: 4% (8 votes)
MATERIAL THINGS: 15% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 5:07pm On Dec 07, 2010
Hello Peeps!

This may come off wrong and misunderstood but I have noticed that SOME people complained when their spouses or mates call them too much during work or when they are out and about.  A friend of mine was complaining that her husband never send her love texts or love notes when she hear other women shared that she always let us know that her husband doesn't do it for her. 

A male friend of mine was complaining that his girlfriend want sex all the time and she want to be cuddle afterward.  Another male friend of mine complained the opposite that he doesn't get enough sex from his girlfriend and thinks she cheating on him. 

So basically, what is the limits in your relationship?  Do you appreciate your husband or wife calling you excessively at work or when you out about?  Do you think there should be a limit on how often have intimacy during the week, month, day, or year?  If your mate or spouse were to flourish you with the things that they used to do would you be concern and wonder why they stopped? 

What is THE LIMITS in your relationship, or you don't have a limit?
Re: Limits And Relationships by iice(f): 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2010
The calling thing is me grin
Please don't bombard me with calls.  Most people just talk for talking sake. . .i don't want to hear, i don't care.  Limit it to the salient points and keep it brief.  If i want to know more, i will ask you.
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2010
I got no limits.

You can call and I dont have to pick up. . .but please understand that I aint cheating on you or ignoring you. I'm just busy with work and cannot afford to be interrupted at that time.

It is OK to ask for intimacy whenever - you are the chosen one. But it is also ok to let you understand (with love) that this body is tired and needs some rest.
Re: Limits And Relationships by jaybee3(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
Phone calls for me.
I just feel i'm being monitored for nothing cos i'm always home grin grin grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by degubi(m): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2010
No i do not have a limit. But if my better half has limitations i try to adjust.
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2010
jay bee:

Phone calls for me.
I just feel i'm being monitored for nothing cos i'm always home  grin grin grin

Awww!  A home body!  Well, my husband is like that Jaybee, he go out when he needs to but he rather be in bed under me watching a movie or two (well eventually the movies end up watching us) embarassed
Re: Limits And Relationships by Dsense(m): 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2010
op.
I don't really have limit in my relationship . . .Though i don't like my half calling or disturbing me with telephone calls all the time . .I get pissed off quickly and might respond roughly!
As for intercouse . . .No limit . . .  .No limit!!!
Re: Limits And Relationships by Phate07(m): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2010

Children should be limited. Two max! tongue

1 Like

Re: Limits And Relationships by OFlo: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
There shouldn't be any limits, ur partner has a life too, so if they keep calling, its because they're bored and are the interesting thing thing they could think of. Ask yourself this: How would I react if I found out that she was 'pestering' some other guy? Besides, that pestering might actually be what makes your whole day. Let it go and you MIGHT miss it.
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2010
D-sense:

op.
I don't really have limit in my relationship . . .Though i don't like my half calling or disturbing me with telephone calls all the time . .I get pissed off quickly and might respond roughly!
As for intercouse . . .No limit . . .  .No limit!!!

Why aren't I surprised!   tongue  Hey suga!   kiss

Yes, I don't mind my husband calling me and things but when my husband calls me he don't just call and leave a message he will call and call until I answer the phone because he think something is wrong with me!  When I do call back he always say I was on my way over to the job because I was worry!  Did I mention my husband is a worrier?  He is so protective well most African men are anyways.
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
iice:

The calling thing is me grin
Please don't bombard me with calls.  Most people just talk for talking sake. . .i don't want to hear, i don't care.  Limit it to the salient points and keep it brief.  If i want to know more, i will ask you.

Yes! I agree! I hate it when my friends call me rambling I am like chile tell me what you want me to know that is IMPORTANT, that girl I was at the store and I saw so and so he was this and that, I DON'T CARE BITCH! undecided

Don't you hate that?
Re: Limits And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2010
Phate07:

Children should be limited. Two max! tongue

If you don't get them sperm thingie in order you won't just have TWO KIDS MAX! wink
Re: Limits And Relationships by iice(f): 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2010
O-Flo:

There shouldn't be any limits, your partner has a life too, so if they keep calling, its because they're bored and are the interesting thing thing they could think of. Ask yourself this: How would I react if I found out that she was 'pestering' some other guy? Besides, that pestering might actually be what makes your whole day. Let it go and you MIGHT miss it.

If you are Jesus, not everyone else is.  Nor do everyone else wish to be.
He can pester someone else if he wishes to.
Re: Limits And Relationships by Carolece(f): 5:38pm On Dec 07, 2010
Friends/socializing/outgoing.
Material things.

Those are the two that would get my vote. When you are settled, the most time spent should be with your partner. For me, ALL outgoing should be stopped unless its US. Not controlling, but thats the way it would be on my end, so I would expect it to be the same way on your end. This boils down to me (as I've said over and over) I will NEVER have a man/husband for too many reasons.
Re: Limits And Relationships by iice(f): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Yes!  I agree!  I hate it when my friends call me rambling I am like chile tell me what you want me to know that is IMPORTANT, that girl I was at the store and I saw so and so he was this and that, I DON'T CARE naughty woman!  undecided

Don't you hate that?

For real.  Like 20mins of rambling. . .very irritating.
Re: Limits And Relationships by slymm(f): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2010
i  can   not   for   the   life   of   me   stand   clingy   me, i   need   space, you   see,   sometimes   i  switch   off   my   phone   because   i want   to   throw  the   damn   thing  against   the   wall,   sometimes   i want   to  sit   alone  with   a bottle   of  beer   watching  greys   anatomy,   please  try   to   find  something  to do  with  yourself  during  my  alone  time, i  do  not  mind  calls,   but  do not interrogate  and nag  me  if  i  do  not pick  up  your  call, no  clinging,   noo dictating  who  my friends  are, no going  through  my stuff, heckshut  the damn door when you   are taking a dump.  As  for sex,  you  can havve me anytime, anyplace, anywhere,
Re: Limits And Relationships by Dyt(f): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2010
Hmmmm
hmmmmm
limits?
Sighs
well i dont think i do v any so long d love is still burnin in my chest
i can accept anyth n everyth @ dat tym
Re: Limits And Relationships by iice(f): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2010
slymm:

i  can   not   for   the   life   of   me   stand   clingy   me, i   need   space, you   see,   sometimes   i  switch   off   my   phone   because   i want   to   throw  the   damn   thing  against   the   wall,   sometimes   i want   to  sit   alone  with   a bottle   of  beer   watching  greys   anatomy,   please  try   to   find  something  to do  with  yourself  during  my  alone  time, i  do  not  mind  calls,   but  do not interrogate  and nag  me  if  i  do  not pick  up  your  call, no  clinging,   noo dictating  who  my friends  are, no going  through  my stuff, heckshut  the damn door when you   are taking a dump.  As  for sex,  you  can havve me anytime, anyplace, anywhere,
^^Erhhh i'm a bit like that lipsrsealed  I don't like being crowded too
Re: Limits And Relationships by maninmood(m): 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2010
Family interferences
Re: Limits And Relationships by PupetMasta(m): 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2010
All of the above. I barely stand above average not to talk of excessive.
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2010
sex with one person for the rest of your life can be very trying so it is in the best interest of the couple to ration it so you dont get tired of it faster. ration it to like say once a week grin grin grin grin

as per calling anyhow ? thats just crazy, juvenile, stalkerish and irresponsible. stop stifling your partner. you will see them when they get home. stop calling unless you are involved in some kinda fracas and you lost a kidney in the fracas grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2010
^^^ bobo yi o sure pe o normal sha ? grin grin grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2010
naijababe:

^^^ bobo yi o sure pe o normal sha ? grin grin grin
i fink so luv grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2010
Possessive men do ma head in arrghhh!!! Where were you? Who did you talk to? Who's on the phone? I absolutely can't stand it
Re: Limits And Relationships by kokoye(m): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2010
^^^

You have no business hanging with such a man in the first place. It never gets better
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2010
naijababe:

Possessive men do ma head in arrghhh!!! Where were you? Who did you talk to? Who's on the phone? I absolutely can't stand it
possessive men are more passionate in the bedroom. their passionate ravishing of their partner in the bedroom knows no bounds. it is that passion that spills over into their everyday lives that makes them possessive. better get you a possessive man gurl  grin
Re: Limits And Relationships by tunde121oke: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2010
yes i was right
Re: Limits And Relationships by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2010
Make dem keep their passion jor!!! Make one man no police me jare
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2010
lol
Re: Limits And Relationships by Tolulop001(f): 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2010
i totally dislike u getting all in ma biz, tryna run ma life. . .

men are truly from mars, they just wanna fix everything

but im complaining to u cuz i want u to say sorry hon, it will be fine,

not take over the running of ma freaking life
Re: Limits And Relationships by buzugee(m): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2010
Tolulop001:

i totally dislike u getting all in ma biz, tryna run ma life. . .

men are truly from mars, they just wanna fix everything

but im complaining to u cuz i want u to say sorry hon, it will be fine,

not take over the running of ma freaking life
mayne, yall are a bunch of wacked out lunatics. why complain to me if you dont want me to fix the issue ? what do i look like ? a punching bag ? just unleash on me while i sit down and take it all in without doing nothing ? mayne, yall is some crazy mahfukaz. grin i have a better solution for you. buy a cat and then tell your cat all your woes. the cat will simply stare at you and after your rant, he is off to look for mice to snack on.
Re: Limits And Relationships by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2010
kokoye:

^^^

You have no business hanging with such a man in the first place. It never gets better
Me I was born with good sense  grin I never had time nor tolerated losers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips For Approching Women / The Hot Chick I Banged Last Night [PHOTOS PG 18+] / What Is Average Time A Man Should Use During Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.