Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,088 members, 7,887,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:15 PM

Is It Better To Drink Cold Or Warm Water - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Better To Drink Cold Or Warm Water (384 Views)

Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River / UNILAG Cold Room Where Sex For Marks Takes Place: Don Jazzy, Uche Jombo React / FUNAAB Student Hospitalised After A ₦5k Bet To Drink A Bottle Of Gin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Better To Drink Cold Or Warm Water by Wearabletech: 9:52am On Jan 20, 2020
IS IT BETTER TO DRINK COLD OR WARM WATER?| 7 AWESOME TIPS TO PREVENT HEATSTROKE DURING DRY SEASON

Has anyone ever told you cold water isn’t good for you? Or maybe you’ve thought about the effects of drinking cold beverages yet you’re kind of shooting up at it? Personally, either with drinking cold water or taking a cold bath, I’m always hooked.

Words cannot express my craving for cold beverages. Sometimes even when I have flu, cold drinks always give the impression of being more satisfying and I don’t feel any shame because I’m not the only one with a bad habit.

Unlike me, if you’re health savvy and really care about your wellbeing this dry season, you’ll want to learn a few rehydration tips to cool off and avoid an outbreak of associated hot climate illnesses.

As a tourist coming to West Africa this hot season, you may not find it friendly. In Nigeria to be exact, you’ll need to be cautious of the harsh unwelcoming climate. Starting from November to March, temperature spikes during this period could reach about 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) during the day in places like Maiduguri, but can swiftly drop below 12 degrees Celsius (54 degrees Fahrenheit) at night in places like Jos.

Apart from the cold, dry and dusty winds known as harmattan, heat from the scorching sun, could deplete your body’s water reservoir and increase your risk for heat stroke.

Drinking adequate water during this period cannot be over emphasised if you’re to keep the doctor at bay and prevent diseases like skin diseases, diarrhoea, vomiting, sore eyes, cough, colds, heat stroke, heat cramps, sunburns, meningitis etc.

However, drinking cold water during this season is one way people maintain body temperature and stay rehydrated. Yes, drinking cold water does have its benefits.

This is undoubtedly because drinking cold water makes it way easier for your body to keep a lower core temperature during the heat period. Similarly, [1] Kathryn Watson of healthline affirms that gulping that plain water, regardless of the temperature, can give your body more energy throughout the day.

IS IT BETTER TO DRINK COLD OR WARM WATER?

While you’re gulping down that cold water, I bet the last thing on you mind is losing weight. Are you wondering how this happens? Your body cells generate heat by burning calories.

Consequently, drinking cold or iced water would help you shed pounds more effectively than hot water.

This is true for the reason that your body adjusts its temperature immediately after it receives any fluids or nutrients with different temperatures, resulting to a higher calorie burning rate and greater perspiration.

According to [4]Dr Fatima Faiq of University of Bagdad, it’s advisable to take a sip of cold water after physical exertion through physical exercise because it helps to cool the body more effectively than warm water.

She adds that it is preferable to ‘take cold water to clean the urinary tract and expel infections and can be added to the lemon in the form of boiled pieces or natural juice, which can help to reduce these infections’.

Preferably, taking a cup of warm water in the morning before breakfast can stimulate your intestinal motility, as hot water helps to relax and dilate the blood vessels thus sending more blood supply and stimulating the gut and thus facilitating the digestion process.

Taking lukewarm water means the body does not have to waste extra energy warming it up; therefore if you’re severely dehydrated, drinking lukewarm water would be a better trick to keeping your body balanced and promoting the body's persistence by applying all its functions with no extra calorie loss.

Averagely, the human body temperature is about 37 °C (96.8°F); this is a perfect environment for certain chemical reactions and microbial activities in the body which rely solely on enzymes. technically, sipping on hot water on a hot day may reduce the amount of toxins in your body.

This is evident by spurts of sweats, leading to the discharge of toxins out of your body and purification of your bloodstream.

Get More juicy gist visits

1 Share

Re: Is It Better To Drink Cold Or Warm Water by Wearabletech: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2020
check out the link
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://smaartcollections.com/is-it-better-to-drink-hot-or-cold-water-during-dry-season/

Wearabletech:
IS IT BETTER TO DRINK COLD OR WARM WATER?| 7 AWESOME TIPS TO PREVENT HEATSTROKE DURING DRY SEASON

Has anyone ever told you cold water isn’t good for you? Or maybe you’ve thought about the effects of drinking cold beverages yet you’re kind of shooting up at it? Personally, either with drinking cold water or taking a cold bath, I’m always hooked.

Words cannot express my craving for cold beverages. Sometimes even when I have flu, cold drinks always give the impression of being more satisfying and I don’t feel any shame because I’m not the only one with a bad habit.

Unlike me, if you’re health savvy and really care about your wellbeing this dry season, you’ll want to learn a few rehydration tips to cool off and avoid an outbreak of associated hot climate illnesses.

As a tourist coming to West Africa this hot season, you may not find it friendly. In Nigeria to be exact, you’ll need to be cautious of the harsh unwelcoming climate. Starting from November to March, temperature spikes during this period could reach about 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) during the day in places like Maiduguri, but can swiftly drop below 12 degrees Celsius (54 degrees Fahrenheit) at night in places like Jos.

Apart from the cold, dry and dusty winds known as harmattan, heat from the scorching sun, could deplete your body’s water reservoir and increase your risk for heat stroke.

Drinking adequate water during this period cannot be over emphasised if you’re to keep the doctor at bay and prevent diseases like skin diseases, diarrhoea, vomiting, sore eyes, cough, colds, heat stroke, heat cramps, sunburns, meningitis etc.

However, drinking cold water during this season is one way people maintain body temperature and stay rehydrated. Yes, drinking cold water does have its benefits.

This is undoubtedly because drinking cold water makes it way easier for your body to keep a lower core temperature during the heat period. Similarly, [1] Kathryn Watson of healthline affirms that gulping that plain water, regardless of the temperature, can give your body more energy throughout the day.

IS IT BETTER TO DRINK COLD OR WARM WATER?

While you’re gulping down that cold water, I bet the last thing on you mind is losing weight. Are you wondering how this happens? Your body cells generate heat by burning calories.

Consequently, drinking cold or iced water would help you shed pounds more effectively than hot water.

This is true for the reason that your body adjusts its temperature immediately after it receives any fluids or nutrients with different temperatures, resulting to a higher calorie burning rate and greater perspiration.

According to [4]Dr Fatima Faiq of University of Bagdad, it’s advisable to take a sip of cold water after physical exertion through physical exercise because it helps to cool the body more effectively than warm water.

She adds that it is preferable to ‘take cold water to clean the urinary tract and expel infections and can be added to the lemon in the form of boiled pieces or natural juice, which can help to reduce these infections’.

Preferably, taking a cup of warm water in the morning before breakfast can stimulate your intestinal motility, as hot water helps to relax and dilate the blood vessels thus sending more blood supply and stimulating the gut and thus facilitating the digestion process.

Taking lukewarm water means the body does not have to waste extra energy warming it up; therefore if you’re severely dehydrated, drinking lukewarm water would be a better trick to keeping your body balanced and promoting the body's persistence by applying all its functions with no extra calorie loss.

Averagely, the human body temperature is about 37 °C (96.8°F); this is a perfect environment for certain chemical reactions and microbial activities in the body which rely solely on enzymes. technically, sipping on hot water on a hot day may reduce the amount of toxins in your body.

This is evident by spurts of sweats, leading to the discharge of toxins out of your body and purification of your bloodstream.

Get More juicy gist visits

(1) (Reply)

EXCEL Skills Every Accountant Need To Know / What Is The Grade Point For A Weighted Average Score Of 60% (B) / FRM And CFA Certifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.