Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,633 members, 7,914,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:32 AM

What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? (5745 Views)

What Part Of Marriage Do You Dislike? / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by MzGreat(f): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2010
apoti:

lmao grin. Pls don't let your children see this, cos I'm not sure you'll be as rich as IBB and Atiku

haba no underestimate am nw.lol
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Whizzkido: 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2010
Ha my mum!she is just too holy!Always in d church.And try not to go with her.u go hear WORD!
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by jennifer22(f): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2010
they quarrel me 2 much
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
My parents refuse to accept that I am 21 (22 in 10 days  grin). They want me to call them if i travel out of town to say "good morning, good night" and what I ate pretty much. One time I wanted to ask me mom if she wanted to know what i had on! Im like I am on my own now, leave me be lol.

My mom can also be a bit paranoid when it comes to her "premonitions" and "psychic" ability,although she usually is spot on but she acts like shes the crazy woman from Eve's Bayou sometimes LOL to how much she advertises her spirituality its like "Kayla be careful I had a dream about (insert devastation and havoc here)!" but one thing that is for sure my parents have my back and I can count on them. They just need to give me some space.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by ARareGem(f): 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2010
My late mom, nothn there.
My pops man acts like he knows everythn. It's frustrating. angry Oh! I forgot. The guy too dey suspicious.

Anyways, he's just being protective of his girl. I loooooooove him all the same. smiley
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by ARareGem(f): 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2010
Happy bday in advance MzDarfSkin. smiley
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by mykali(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2010
Hmm, strange topic. But it won't hurt saying a few things.

The one thing my Mother did which I didn't like was making my Father send me to boarding school.

The one thing my Father did which i didn't like was nodding his head in agreement.

That's about it. . .
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by sholajohn(f): 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2010
crazy topic but i must say my own.

My mum nags all d time and she's alwaz rite.

2ndly,She's 2 spiritual, imagine durin our morning devotns, d woman prays 4 minimun of 2hr, we ve 2 keep remindin her dt time is up nd we dnt wanna b late 4 work. we must all b on our feet durin d prayer sessn, no kneein/sittin/lyin. (bt as 4 me o, any positn i find mysef, i fit sleep).

3rdly, we eat only 3types of food in our house 4 dinner (semo, poundy nd amala). I jst dey wonder if na village i dey nd u cnt cook 4 only ursef.

My mum still tnks am a baby, u has never ask me if i ve a bf or nt. I jst wonder 4 her o! 2 go out, na question upon questn.

But my dad? 1 dislike only, He agrees 2 everytin his wife says.

Bu no matter wat, dey r d best of dem all.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2010
hmn,love ds thread, ma mum is d gentle typ,so she doesn rly do tins i dslyk,but my dad,he is 'Mr know all',he neva listens 2 anybody,i so much dslyk ds cus most tyms,we lld v gotten farther wv some tins/plans if not 4 ds attitude of his, anoda tin is dat ma dad farts anyow wvout considering us,thr was a tym we were going out in hs car n he farted(ac ws on so thr was no escape route 4 d gas)i almst choked dat day,twas rly anoying n dat ws jst one of d fart days, Also,ma dad's eatin habit is anoyin,he eats lyk 10 tyms a day(in bits,alw wantin variety!)n m alws d cook as d last gurl,weneva he is around i spend most of ma day in d ktchen, Lastly,ma dad is a great caller!if i'm travelin 4rm home to sch(2hrs)),ma dad can call me 20tyms b4 gettn 2sch, so mst tyms i just swtch off ma fone!, I SO MUCH LOVE HIM THO,he is a GREAT dad!
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2010
My mum never wanna see me with any girl. I had to 'smuggle' girls and it was very embarrasn. She wanted to bring down my door one day she suspected that i was with a girl. She dont joke with her 'Jehova'. Very religious. she believes everything is by hardwork. She is very caring n strong. She would give me a billion Dollar if she had.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by asas(f): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

My parents refuse to accept that I am 21 (22 in 10 days  grin). They want me to call them if i travel out of town to say "good morning, good night" and what I ate pretty much. One time I wanted to ask me mom if she wanted to know what i had on! Im like I am on my own now, leave me be lol.

My mom can also be a bit paranoid when it comes to her "premonitions" and "psychic" ability,although she usually is spot on but she acts like shes the crazy woman from Eve's Bayou sometimes LOL to how much she advertises her spirituality its like "Kayla be careful I had a dream about (insert devastation and havoc here)!" but one thing that is for sure my parents have my back and I can count on them. They just need to give me some space.

21 u complainin ,  am 24 especially my mum she still finks am 15 u dont wanna no mehn, visions, dreams i tire , omg sayin she heard me call her with small tiny voice haha in her sleep
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Fynist(m): 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2010
Diz is a nice thread.Y'all know,seems our parents r all d same.D naggings,spirituality and what not.But wot pisses me off mostly is when me n my dad r discussing something,he cuts in with "During my Days".Hw d f* ve i gt 2 do with that.Anyways i ll always love them.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by ibedun: 10:48pm On Dec 08, 2010
My father is a lazy, irresponsible, wretched, controlling hypocrite and i hate him as much as i love him. Although as i get older the love has wained.

Dont tolerate nonsense from your parents. You allow them to interfere in your marriage and that marriage is doomed!!  

They exploit you if you allow them to. They expect you to feed and cloth and provide for them in their old age whether they deserve it or not - the bastards.

If your parent fight you over your money, wealth or asset - then you havent got one. Trust me.

If your parents havent laboured hard to make your life better and easier, to make your life meaningful and perhaps worked hard enough to leave you a legacy (some inheritance, however small). that parent aint worth Poo.

Too many Nigeria parents are worthless and it is the reasons why they have all the children in the world but cannot take care of any.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 09, 2010
ARareGem:

Happy bday in advance MzDarfSkin. smiley
Thanks!!! Sry about your mother! I lost my father too! cry

asas:

21 u complainin , am 24 especially my mum she still finks am 15 u dont wanna no mehn, visions, dreams i tire , omg sayin she heard me call her with small tiny voice haha in her sleep

LOL!
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by vescucci(m): 2:31am On Dec 09, 2010
My dad wants to relive his life through me. My mum is heavenly.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Idowuogbo(f): 2:52am On Dec 09, 2010
mum she use to beat me cry crywen i was younger ,i was so nautie cheesy cheesy cheesy so dey wud call up my mum from school to tell her i was bad , wen i got home mehn d woman wud beat d heck out of me d funniest ting was dat bcus i was taller dan her , i use to dodge beatings or run around so one day she was like if i run she wud stone me and wen shes done beating me she wud ask me omo queen cal social service so dey cum and pick u , she always sed it wud b easy 4 her 2 find me wiv d scar she left from stoning , dat day i went in my room and strted lafin sey mumsi na soldier o, i don forget beatins

i love her tho , she and dadi are my rock kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by mosun22: 4:19am On Dec 09, 2010
I IGGIN LUV THIS PSOTTT, LYKE SUMTHIN U KAN TELL UR FRIEND WITHOUT THINKIN OHTERWISE OF UUU, THAT Y NAIRALAND IS GUDDDD, HOWEVER I THNKGOD FOR BOTH OF MA PARENTS THEY R THE BEST !!!!! I WILL NEVA CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THEM THAT Y WE CALLED THEM OUR PARENT, WITH DAT SAID: MY MOM IS THE BEST, I LUV THAT WOMAN DIE. BUT DAD ON THE OTHER HAND IS ANODA CASE, DAT MAN WILL LISTEN TO EVRY CONVERSATION IF AM ON THE PHNE, HE DOSENT HERE I SAID I AV A BF, OH MA DAD IS FRM ABEOKUTA AND WE ARE IN THE STATE HERE, EVRY DAY HE WANT ME TO COOK EBA FOR HIM WHICH CAN BE SO ANORTING EVRY SINGLE DAYYYY IT RIDUCULOS!!!!!!! BUT HEY WILL NEVA CHANGE IT FOR ANYTHINN, OH AND MA DAD IS A BIG FAN OF FUJI, SO I PRETTY MUCH KNW ALL THE FUJI SONG OUT THERE, LOL
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by johnson11(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2010
ibedun:

My father is a lazy, irresponsible, wretched, controlling hypocrite and i hate him as much as i love him. Although as i get older the love has wained.

Dont tolerate nonsense from your parents. You allow them to interfere in your marriage and that marriage is doomed!!  

They exploit you if you allow them to. They expect you to feed and cloth and provide for them in their old age whether they deserve it or not - the bastards.

If your parent fight you over your money, wealth or asset - then you havent got one. Trust me.

If your parents havent laboured hard to make your life better and easier, to make your life meaningful and perhaps worked hard enough to leave you a legacy (some inheritance, however small). that parent aint worth Poo.

Too many Nigeria parents are worthless and it is the reasons why they have all the children in the world but cannot take care of any.

Guy you dey vex ooo but no matter how your parent treated or raised you i dont think they deserve all these craps from you, i went through hell from ym dad because he was an ex military officer, every day is beating no matter what but i still love him despite so much beating of me and my younger ones, Honor thy father and mother so they day may be long that is what the Bible says,

Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by conquerorb: 8:32am On Dec 09, 2010
@freecocoa, you gist was completely veryyyyyy funny. your mum must be a comedian.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by MzGreat(f): 8:40am On Dec 09, 2010
conquerorb:

@freecocoa, you gist was completely veryyyyyy funny. your mum must be a comedian.

honestly very funny.her mum n my mum came from the same planet
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by N101: 9:09am On Dec 09, 2010
Watching them age.

It not only reminds you of your own mortality but you realise your parents aren't as invincible as you always thought they were sad
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by denony(m): 9:22am On Dec 09, 2010
wow this remindss me of my dad those days
any little thing must be developed to be something serious
and he has a loud voice, that neighbours must hear what he is saying
and he never stops unless u leave wen u comes back he starts from where he stoped.

when i am with my friends, that's when he will have something to ask me
or thats when he will like to come watch my pix. lol. He is a wonderful man.

my mum is lovely, she knows when i am in need of money without telling her
If i am out at night to come back late, especially in the village, i will come
back seeing her still sitting outside holding her jaw. she always make sure i am asleep before she goes to bed.

SWEET MAMA I LOVE YOU
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by sunken(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2010
I dislike my parents because they are not as rich as IBB or Atiku. They ought to know that corruption is a tradition in NIGERIA

TEL THEM 2 USE U 4 MONEY RTAL
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by sunken(m): 9:41am On Dec 09, 2010
I dislike my parents because they are not as rich as IBB or Atiku. They ought to know that corruption is a tradition in NIGERIA

TEL UR PARENT 2 USE U 4 MONEY RTAL
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by freecocoa(f): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2010
conquerorb:

You need to have met my mum,these things aren't even funny,you need to hear her arguements wiv ma dad or see her when she's in a good mood,inshort everything about her is funny.i really do miss her so much.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2010
sessy2:

Everything i mean EVERYTHING
Wow! But there must be something you don't dislike about them undecided

belamour:

Cant even pour out my mind,  I miss you mum, U shouldn't have left when i needed you to scold me
Yea, we don't appreciate them enough till we lose them!

I like everything about my folks. . . from the nagging to the "over spirituality" to the scolding! I won't trade them for the richest people in the world. I hope my children will be able to say this about me someday too.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by sessy2(f): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2010
candy:

Wow! But there must be something you don't dislike about them undecided
Yea, we don't appreciate them enough till we lose them!

I like everything about my folks. . . from the nagging to the "over spirituality" to the scolding! I won't trade them for the richest people in the world. I hope my children will be able to say this about me someday too.
not that i think of most especially my mum am sorry mama.they made life miserable for me.my mum punishing me for dad's sins and dad punishing me for mum's sins.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by sessy2(f): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2010
[quote author=ibedun link=topic=564195.msg7298212#msg7298212 date=129184490

am with you bra

[
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by oludashmi(f): 11:07am On Dec 09, 2010
Life is a cycle
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by jumong3: 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2010
Awww, i really like dis topic, We all love our parent no matter wat cuz dey are our biological parent, Miss ma dad so much, he got an attitude which is am Mr knw all, but all d same I MISS U SO MUCH DAD.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by blank(f): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2010
My dad always believes he knows everything but d good thing is dat wen he is finally convinced dat he is wrong, he will apologise. My mum always tells my dad EVERYTHING. No secrets between dem and she always agrees with wateva my dad says. Sometimes, I am like, woman wat is ur own opinion? But it works 4 dem, I guess its being 'submissive'.
My dad could so nag 2 d extent dat once his home, we all run away cos he must find something 2 talk about. They are also both very suspicious.
However, dey av really wonderful sides 2 dem n wat I value most is d communication we av. People always envy us cos we r always so free with each oda (though d only obstacle was dat we couldn't talk about romantic feelings 4 d opposite sex).

I love them both totally n pray dat dey continue 2 live 2geda in peace n see dir great grand children.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by akossyy: 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2010
When there having misunderstanding,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Understanding The African Man In Diaspora / Eid Ul Adha Essay Article Paragraph In Hindi English Urdu Story / Is it right for a man to wash his Wife's Pant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.