Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,394 members, 7,950,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This (2500 Views)

Would You Advise Me To Get A Nissan And Which One Please? / Toyota Camry 2009 Advise Me Please / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
Please someone offered me 2006 Honda accord (disccusion continue) for bolts in Abuja here

My concerns are
1) the car is v6
2) the steering pump is licking oil
3) I've not used Honda before I don't know the fuel consumption
4) am to remit 20k weekly

Please I've not accepted the deal I just need advise

Please what do you advise a young boy like me to dog for it and pray for another?
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by ashantitope: 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2020
Concerning the steering problem can't the person fix it for you and you start managing it for the main time you get another one.

And secondly if you have another alternative just leave that Honda because it will be giving you some small small issue along the line
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2020
ashantitope:
Concerning the steering problem can't the person fix it for you and you start managing it for the main time you get another one.

And secondly if you have another alternative just leave that Honda because it will be giving you some small small issue along the line

Another alternative I've for now KS someone that I discussed with 3days ago he travelled but all soon be back by Wednesday
I think I should wait for him
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by ksmart027(m): 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Bros, run for your life oo, you wont gain anything. All the money you will make will be spent on fuel. Better look for honda civic or city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by Readonee35L(m): 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2020
JeffreyD1:
Please someone offered me 2006 Honda accord (disccusion continue) for bolts in Abuja here

My concerns is
1) the car is v6
4) I'm to remit 20k weekly

Please what do you advise a young boy like me to dog for it and pray for another?
Don't attempt it.
The Accord V6 is Fuel friendly but not your best choice for a Good profit . talk less of a nigerian used Accord with no catalytic converter and abused electricals making it to suck fuel like a vampire.

Look for a Civic, corolla or elantra in Good condition.
Don't be desperate else you'd suffer and your efforts will be in vain.
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by MedicH: 11:41pm On Jan 20, 2020
Run. Deal is not good.
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 4:05am On Jan 21, 2020
Readonee35L:

Don't attempt it.
The Accord V6 is Fuel friendly but not your best choice for a Good profit . talk less of a nigerian used Accord with no catalytic converter and abused electricals making it to suck fuel like a vampire.

Thank you Sir
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 4:05am On Jan 21, 2020
ksmart027:
Bros, run for your life oo, you wont gain anything. All the money you will make will be spent on fuel. Better look for honda civic or city.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 4:06am On Jan 21, 2020
MedicH:
Run. Deal is not good.
Thanks
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by Tservices: 4:31am On Jan 21, 2020
JeffreyD1:

My concerns is
1) the car is v6
4) I'm to remit 20k weekly

If the man can fix the steering pump, you would be better off. A brand new steering pump is between 25-30k, but Honda accord na luxury car, e dey chop fuel like rice and chicken.
Just have a renegotiation with him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by Lexusgs430: 7:00am On Jan 21, 2020
JeffreyD1:

My concerns are
1) the car is v6

A V6 with leaking power steering pump, that owner wants 20K a week remitted?.... cheesy

Which of you are smoking expired weed?.....?

V6 for Uber/bolt with AC always on when you have passengers?

Who are you working for? The owner of the car, uber/taxify or yourself?....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by nurey(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2020
JeffreyD1:

My concerns are
1) the car is v6

Gazzuzz come and see another one that wants to drive 2006 Accord V6

RIP to your profit in advance grin
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06am On Jan 21, 2020
JeffreyD1:

My concerns are
1) the car is v6

You have all the answers above.

Toyota Corolla, Honda civic, Hyundai/Kia

1.8 liter engine max with good maintenance history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks sir
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 8:38am On Jan 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

A V6 with leaking power steering pump, that owner wants 20K a week remitted?.... cheesy

Which of you are smoking expired weed?.....?

V6 for Uber/bolt with AC always on when you have passengers?

Who are you working for? The owner of the car, uber/taxify or yourself?....

I've not taken the offer yet
I will not take it
Thanks sir

2 Likes

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2020
JeffreyD1:

My concerns are
1) the car is v6

Don't take the deal. I have a 2008 accord with that same steering pump issue. It's either he changes the steering rack at about 28k or remove the money from your pay and you fix it.

As for the fuel economy, well, I drive a 4 plug so I don't have that but I know v6 cars can really burn fuel so don't take the deal.

1 Like

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 9:48am On Jan 21, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Don't take the deal. I have a 2008 accord with that same steering pump issue. It's either he changes the steering rack at about 28k or remove the money from your pay and you fix it.

As for the fuel economy, well, I drive a 4 plug so I don't have that but I know v6 cars can really burn fuel so don't take the deal.

Thanks sir
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by Amaso99(m): 6:25am On Jan 22, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

morning bro
Abeg what's your take on 2007 Honda city, manual trans. V4 for bolt.
Your response matters alot
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by worldman(m): 6:31am On Jan 22, 2020
JeffreyD1:

My concerns are
1) the car is v6

I don't no if the system of that car is still intact. My v6 DC is just like Toyota corolla
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by worldman(m): 6:37am On Jan 22, 2020
nurey:

Gazzuzz come and see another one that wants to drive 2006 Accord V6

RIP to your profit in advance grin
v6 is not a bad car. Even economize fuel more than I4 accord. I'm a living witness
I always drive my car from port Harcourt to Lagos with full air condition 95 to 98 litre fuel
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2020
Amaso99:
morning bro
Abeg what's your take on 2007 Honda city, manual trans. V4 for bolt.
Your response matters alot

good car.
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56am On Jan 22, 2020
worldman:
v6 is not a bad car. Even economize fuel more than I4 accord. I'm a living witness
I always drive my car from port Harcourt to Lagos with full air condition 95 to 98 litre fuel

world people, journey is 650km you should not use more than 65liters wink

3 Likes

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by nurey(m): 7:29am On Jan 22, 2020
worldman:

is the car in question a 03 to 07 Accord V6?
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by theoilguy: 7:42am On Jan 22, 2020
Readonee35L:

Don't attempt it.

OP, listen to him. Best advise thus far

2 Likes

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by JeffreyD1(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2020
theoilguy:

OP, listen to him. Best advise thus far

Thanks
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by Eldemmi(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2020
worldman:

I think it is still too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by ashantitope: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
JeffreyD1:

Another alternative I've for now KS someone that I discussed with 3days ago he travelled but all soon be back by Wednesday
I think I should wait for him

That is better
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
worldman:

For personal or commercial journeys?......

Remember, V6 engines with cylinder shut down technology, are best on motorways (because at regular high speeds, 2 cylinders would shut down), increasing your MPG.............

Within town, V6 engines are not economical...........
Re: Please Sir And Ma Advise Me On This by chidooh1: 8:35am On Jan 23, 2020
worldman:
there is a great difference between i4 engine and v6 irrespective of the brand and maker. Where you got 95 to 98 i4 would have gotten 60 to 65 almost arriving at the same time. V6 engine is naturally made for power and power needs energy and energy means fuel.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spotted: Classic Citroen / Ford Vs Toyota After Overheating What Went Bad? / Two Months Used Toyota Avalon '08 - Distress Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.