Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,347 members, 7,910,775 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 04:30 PM

"Going To Church Makes You Happy" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Going To Church Makes You Happy" (3541 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by jpworld(m): 7:21am On Dec 09, 2010
@Ivynwa Have u go clubbing b4? Come I will take you there, Churches are like wolf trying to eat people. I have stop going to church for almost 10years. Is just about money, Money Making Machine.
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by denony(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2010
yes being in that mood makes u happy
the spiritual and praises songs

I love it.
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by raycomray: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2010
I WAS BORN A CATHOLIC.
MY ELDER BROTHER IS A PRIEST.
BUT, AM NOT FULFILLED BEING A CATHOLIC.
THE PROCEDURES ARE TOO DULL AND LACKS SOUND TEACHINGS. IN FACT, SOME PRIESTS GET ON MY NERVES WHEN THEY PREACH THE WAY THEY DO THAT IT BECOMES OBVIOUS THAT THEY HAVE NOT READ THEIR BIBLE RECENTLY.
HOWEVER, EACH TIME I MEET A VIBRANT REV FR ON THE PULPIT, I FEEL EXCITED AND MOTIVATED TO REMAIN A CATHOLIC.
PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOULD GIVE ME SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT?
raymondanozie@yahoo.com
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by namdo(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2010
according to scientists? for church matter? 1tim1.6
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2010
Haven't been to church in like 6 years and I'm very happy and fulfilled
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by bababuff(m): 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Haven't been to church in like 6 years and I'm very happy and fulfilled

Are you still a xtian? grin
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by jpworld(m): 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2010
Church is made for poor people, because dey have no money to go restaurant and clubbing, then dey go church to pray, God pls give me money, I want to be rich. YEYE Nonsense.
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by akossyy: 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2010
Going to church makes me spiritually and physically relaxed, always happy whenever i returned from church
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by Jenwitemi(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2010
Televangelists, pentepastors, popes, they all must believe in the big bang theory, then. That would explain their continual acumulation of material wealth through fleecing of the happy flock.
buzugee:

well lets face it, if you look around you and around the world, you pale in significance to the gargantuan task of explaining how such a miraculous project could have come into existence. believing in a higher deity (and rightly so ) puts a lot of people at peace and makes them happy. believing that you are the master of your own destiny and that the big bang theory brought about our existence makes a lot of people unfulfilled and empty in life and hence they try to fill it up with materialism.
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by tpia1: 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2010
btw, @ topic

going to church doesnt always make you happy.
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by Ivynwa(f): 3:56am On Dec 10, 2010
jpworld:

@Ivynwa Have u go clubbing b4? Come I will take you there, Churches are like wolf trying to eat people. I have stop going to church for almost 10years. Is just about money, Money Making Machine.
@Jp
Yeah boy, u know that loud music blaring all over the place in a club? I simply love it and when I can find time I go to a club and chill musically yet I love that sweet connection to God through inspirational music in church more than the club scene. This is why I said that you are missing a great deal as you can have a swell time in church more than you can even have in the club.

jpworld:

Church is made for poor people, because dey have no money to go restaurant and clubbing, then dey go church to pray, God pls give me money, I want to be rich. YEYE Nonsense.
How can you say that Baby? Nobody is forcing you to give offering. The bible did say that we should give our tithes that there may be food in God's house (I am not preaching to you dear,it's not like I am the greatest payer of tithes, ain't I ashamed?)so you are not pleasing the pastor by giving but obeying God. I understand how you feel dear, I myself when I go to a church and while chilling the pastor gets too fixated to money talks, I up and leave one time. I believe we should give because we are moved to give and because we want to please God. So do check out a good church this sunday and come and gist me how it goes okay Baby.

raycomray:

I WAS BORN A CATHOLIC.
MY ELDER BROTHER IS A PRIEST.
BUT, AM NOT FULFILLED BEING A CATHOLIC.
THE PROCEDURES ARE TOO DULL AND LACKS SOUND TEACHINGS. IN FACT, SOME PRIESTS GET ON MY NERVES WHEN THEY PREACH THE WAY THEY DO THAT IT BECOMES OBVIOUS THAT THEY HAVE NOT READ THEIR BIBLE RECENTLY.
HOWEVER, EACH TIME I MEET A VIBRANT REV FR ON THE PULPIT, I FEEL EXCITED AND MOTIVATED TO REMAIN A CATHOLIC.
PLEASE SOMEBODY SHOULD GIVE ME SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT?
raymondanozie@yahoo.com
@Raycomray
I understand how you feel, you can note a Catholic priest whose preaching you like and attend his services. I am from a Catholic home too, church for me is any good christian gathering that can give me such good music that can link me up with man G.O.D so I can worship with any church my heart leads me to. The first time I worshipped out of catholic church was in my university days while passing a hall with this large gathering singing sweet heavenly songs. I quietly walked in and never left that gathering till I graduated from school.
All in all I love my Catholic church too, it's like home and I still worship there. The Catholic choir songs are matchless and some priests are doing a great job at preaching too. Father Mbaka (you must have heard about him) is one of the very charismatic catholic priests that preaches eloquently  and gets to one spiritually.
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by earlalright(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2010
terribly yes. Going to Church makes me better and happier and that's why i never miss services unless where and when inevitable
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2010
purely waste of time, energy, resources, the list is just countless.
Re: "Going To Church Makes You Happy" by newmi(m): 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2010
Sure going to church should make you happy even king David said ", l was glad when they let us go to the house of the Lord.
But the question is; what church?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Most Common Sin Today In The World? / Is Jesus God ? / Daily Good News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.