Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,752 members, 7,882,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:27 AM

Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial (38513 Views)

Extortion: Protesting Tricycle Operators Ground Commercial Activities In Onitsha / Nigeria Imposes 6-Month Travel Ban On 100 COVID-19 Regulation Defaulters / Commuters Groan, As Tricycle Operators Protest In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Realdollars: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2020
Truly it's inconvenient to carry passengers at the front, but they only do it because of the 50 naira extortion by policemen.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Jeamillz2020(m): 9:35am On Jan 21, 2020
adem30:
Audio governor how market? Your people are back to their senses
chaii you are mad right from birth.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by 27Pushing30: 9:35am On Jan 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
I don't think the state government should reverse the policy.

Look at that one with the placard trying to blackmail the government . 'we voted for PDP'.
So if you voted for that party, should that be a ticket to do whatever you like?

And I strongly hope the Minister of FCT will also look into Taxis carrying 4 passengers at the back seat angry
I’m for the govt and for the tricyclists

For the govt in banning front passengers

For the Tricyclists in banning collection of “payments” at bus stops.

Even here in Ajah same thing, Agbero go demand Police will also shamelessly demand!

That’s not good enough , this in turn makes these Tricyclists desperate for passengers so they block road “hustling” for passengers while the police and lastma officials watch on... only caring about the N50-100 they’ve just received

I’ve watched this occur a lot at the traffic light (Ajah bridge).
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Kingpele(m): 9:36am On Jan 21, 2020
K
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by cerebralniggie1: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2020
This has been in effect in Lagos for years now. It is for the good of both passengers and the rider.
adem30:
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by SKhanmi: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2020
Really support this, Imagine carrying two passengers in front of those smallish micra cars,God help you if one of you is big sized. After my legs froze like 3-4 times & I'll have to wait at my bustop like a cripple to restart blood circulation, I started avoided anything frontseat in IB, Can't even take keke anyway. They drive like mad men

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by BabaO2: 9:38am On Jan 21, 2020
That policy is excellent, no sane person will oppose such policy.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Jeamillz2020(m): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2020
If Nigeria govt should be able to stop those dogs call police officers to stop collecting unnecessary money from the driver's all this thing they are processing would surely work. But if you carry 4 to 5 person #50 per person and those dogs stop you they will want #100 from you or they shoot you. Nigeria is a mess up country.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Jeamillz2020(m): 9:41am On Jan 21, 2020
SKhanmi:
Really support this, Imagine carrying two passengers in front of those smallish micra cars,God help you if one of you is big sized. After my legs froze like 3-4 times, I started avoided anything frontseat in IB, Can't even take keke anyway.
nah those dogs call police officers cos all that if they should stop collecting unnecessary money from the driver's. It would be better
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by ecclize: 9:42am On Jan 21, 2020
blame those wh manufactured the keke...
how on earth will they build such a small seat beside the driver, only for someone to be dragging sit space the the driver.
they should have just build the driver's sit alone instead of such mess...
Makinde should pls consider them... they have families too... a good road network and proper driver orientation and sanctions cam perform the magic

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by crafteck(m): 9:43am On Jan 21, 2020
Resrguru:
Great example of state against it's people policy

Meanwhile if you are a researcher, check the link in my signature

How, have you sat there before? I have, it's not convenient to steer.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by SKhanmi: 9:46am On Jan 21, 2020
Jeamillz2020:
nah those dogs call police officers cos all that if they should stop collecting unnecessary money from the driver's. It would be better

I understand the policemen collect money from them but they are not present on all the routes na, From apata to iwo road by cab is smooth sailing most of the time. They carry extra passengers to maximize the profit
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Legalcriminal: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2020
I prefer living in Abeokuta where you hardly get into traffic only good taxis and sit comfortably 4 in a car not packing yourself like sardines inside containers in that yeye marwa and danfo especially here in Lagos.

#Abeokuta is an underrated city.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by majamajic(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2020
Those Keke drivers that tap the boobs of female front seat passengers will not like this

Most Keke drivers are into driving cos of tap boobs , not only cos of money
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Jeamillz2020(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2020
SKhanmi:

I understand the policemen collect money from them but they are not present on all the routes na, From apata to iwo road by cab is smooth sailing most of the time. They carry extra passengers to maximize the profit
You know that thing be like stealing once they start like this. To stop nah big problem like the one happening now

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by SmithN: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2020
adem30:
you are part of the problem we have in this country. Didirin omo

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by IntellectOzone(m): 9:55am On Jan 21, 2020
post=85978894:
It is for your SAFETY and the safety of Oyo citizens.
We hope they understand sooner.

What they should be protesting to the Governor about is reduction in the daily fee they pay to NURTW,
there should be a considerable reduction in that.

God bless Oyo state.

God bless Nigeria.

Where do you see NURTW in Oyo State?

You think Oyo is like Lagos abi that the Gov just banned them uselessly with Bikes
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by babtoundey(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2020
Bakerdav:
The govt is right, if we should look at it why will u b carrying 2 pessanger for front side, if any one has enter d front side before u will know is not convenient truly

The policy should take effect on the danfo and micra drivers too. Those people are bunch of egocentric braggarts. I hate sitting in front seats particularly when the available seat is next to the driver. The front seat is obviously for one passenger but for their selfish gain they must stuffed it with two and nearly suffocate people in the process.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by SilvanusII(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2020
post=85978894:

What they should be protesting to the Governor about is reduction in the daily fee they pay to NURTW,

God bless Oyo state.

God bless Nigeria.

For all his noise about not remitting anything to Lagos/Tinubu, this should be relatively easy. Cut the powers of NURTW and their useless tolls. Let the drivers ensure their vehicle papers are complete and then they will be able to rubbish any police officer who demands bribe. Any officer who insists on collecting bribes can be reported and prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by awoo47: 10:01am On Jan 21, 2020
post=85978894:

God bless Oyo state.

God bless Nigeria.
hw many ppl has fallen down while sitting at d front?
y can't all dis govt tackle wot is important?

Nigeria is a poor country so it's expected things like dis happen
Nd u rarely see someone fall off when sitting at d front

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by carperlar(m): 10:04am On Jan 21, 2020
post=85978894:

God bless Oyo state.

God bless Nigeria.
There's nothing like NURTW again in Oyo state
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by awoo47: 10:05am On Jan 21, 2020
babtoundey:

The policy should take effect on the danfo and micra drivers too. Those people are bunch of egocentric braggarts. I hate sitting in front seats particularly when the available seat is next to the driver. The front seat is obviously for one passenger but for their selfish gain they must stuffed it with two and nearly suffocate people in the process.
youre inconsiderate
hope u knw it's d driver gain if 1 person sits at d front
a cab of #70 with 5 passengers is #350
nw dat it's 1 at d front, it's nw #100
dat is extra gain of #50
shorter time to load d car
nd lesser weight on d engine thereby saving fuel

But someppl barely meet ends meet shld dey spend all d money dey could use to feeed themselves on Transport?

i can accept if it's Lagos, but places other places lyk Oyo nd odas hv lots of ppl struggling

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 21, 2020
And if tomorrow, a moving or static truck kissed the protruding right leg of the passenger, government will be blamed for neglecting its people.

Human being and confusion! Must there be a law before we do the right thing? We are so addicted to lawlessness that we've forgotten that the consequences follow us around like shadows.

If everyone can be a selfless leader to himself/herself, there won't be any need for any law. But, ours' is an oddly unique specie in nature that invests in war and at the same time pray for peace.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by olasaad(f): 10:12am On Jan 21, 2020
Bakerdav:
The govt is right, if we should look at it why will u b carrying 2 pessanger for front side, if any one has enter d front side before u will know is not convenient truly

I blame the passengers. I don't enter any keke that has already have 4 passengers I will rather wait for the next one

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by daddio(m): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2020
Vikkie14:
Common Sense is a beautiful flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden.
You need to grow one.

Oluwa ooo!!!

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by pacespot(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2020
Government should stop the unnecessary extortion by the nurtw, imagine collecting N50 out of every N150 made by a tricycle driver, that is much.
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by kay29000(m): 10:23am On Jan 21, 2020
Hypocrites everywhere on this thread. If it was Buhari that made this policy or an APC governor, people would have been strongly against it

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Giftexx: 10:23am On Jan 21, 2020
Black man!
No point carrying a passenger in front.
Instead add extra fee to d 3 passengers
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Originalsly: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2020
netmillionaires:

I don't even understand what stops these drivers from taking the war to the owomida boys with the same intencity with which they protest against the government.

I expected this to be their counter..... to agree with the policy but insist that the State clamp down on the 'settlements". Instead... all the foolish points they are making.... the extra passenger is to balance the tricycle.... that's breaking news to the manufacturers .
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by frndfghtr(m): 10:25am On Jan 21, 2020
Make Una come lag, me self am not working againg, as okada man, even Keke are been ban I no no wet in I go do again, u people are complaining of one passenger
Re: Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial by Barzinime(m): 10:32am On Jan 21, 2020
Did you even read the post at all?

helinues:
But some of the Seyi's commissioners or so acquired Trampoline Keke Maruwa of recent.

It seems Seyi is confused with his policies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Multiple Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (see Photos) / Female Corper Dies In Accident In Enugu State (Photos) / Airline Official Killed While Fixing Car By Roadside (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.