Stats: 3,171,257 members, 7,880,976 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? (49327 Views)

Church Gives Certificate Of Virginity To Ladies After Test In South Africa (Pics / 14-Year-Old Boy Forced To Marry His Older Girlfriend After Impregnating Her / Nude Photo Of Martin Khafafa Bathing With 2 Ladies After Sex Leaks Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by wirinet(m): 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
Exodora:
Why should he impregnant her if he has no intention of marrying her.Who will now marry baggage/second material, you?
So a woman's only value is the whole between her legs, and having a baby (within or outside marriage) devalues her as a human being?

I have seen many many ladies became much more successful after a first failed marriage with multiple children.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by mkoabiola: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2020
ScotMisile:

What to do bruv? funny enough I don't really love her, but she set it all up despite all I told her about my relationship with my love... Now, I just pity the child because I won't commit abortion, never... That I ddn't commit abortion doesn't mean I must marry who set me up... For the child I have taken responsibility... Am employing a baby sitter soon.... Seen a very good school for him in lekki.... What to do bruv a man is got to be a man... But, I don't joke with my marriage... Never
Woow.
Funny enough, i av being reading all shades of opinion from 1st to d last.
It was a stage i nva planned to experience.
D parents were jus pleading but i know i can marry her out of pity ...
It a sorry state... But whav at can i do acceptosed responsibility from antenatal to postnatal.
Will pm u
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by teemac01(m): 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2020
na mumu man dem fit rope to marrying woman because em give am belle...whether when dem dey enjoy am anybody talk anything concern marriage before she carry bell...no time...take care of the baby when it arrives...the woman should also do the same...baby mama plenty for town.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Uduakjacob(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
Marriage is not by force, but by choice .

That guy is fast shutter and not known this particular one will hang him.
So therefore joined them together and they should proceed for their wedding.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by lovchalice(f): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
vincentjk:

In most cases nothing like "come I want to marry you"

They're just two people who are deceiving themselves on loving one another just to have sex and get intimate. They both enjoyed the sex so why forcing the pregnancy of the dude when it wasn't rape??
well in my case it was someone that have been disturbing me for friendship and when I turned him down, he proposed marriage. When pregnancy set in stories started. Tell me, can he go Scot free
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by captain247: 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
wirinet:

Men don't go around having sèx with women with the intention of impregnating them. Most just want to have sèx. The unwanted pregnancy is usually a consequence of carelessness by both parties.

First it depends on culture. Many cultures in southern Nigeria like the Yorubas and many Niger delta tribes don't have illegitimate children. Once it can be proven that a man fathers a child, the child is accorded some rights as a son/ daughter. It's the igbos that the legitimate/illegitimate child dichotomy is practiced.
Besides, inheritance rights is only valid if the man dies interstate, whereby inheritance is subject to customary law. If the man writes a will, then he can will his properties to anyone he likes.

Not practicable. Men are marrying later because of financial stability. You want a man to remain virgin until his late 30's or even 40's, when his hormones starts fighting with him from his teens? The man physiology is not built that way.

Whether marriage or not abortion will still take place. I have many gynecologists as friends, and they tell me that married couples carry out as much abortions than single ladies, especially the rich ones. Many married couples don't want to have more children and see abortions as the last resort of preventing unwanted babies.
Abortion laws just like the bigamy laws are unenforceable. It is impractical for police to be policing private hospitals and other places to arrest doctors, women and nurses carrying out abortions.

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Jeferious: 8:24pm On Jan 22, 2020
lovchalice:
well in my case it was someone that have been disturbing me for friendship and when I turned him down, he proposed marriage. When pregnancy set in stories started. Tell me, can he go Scot free
So you gave in because he proposed marriage? Nna mehn. Wetin dey inside this marriage thing wey dey shack women sef?

People are different shaa. Personally, I'm not sure I can shake hands with someone of your mentality, let alone you seeing my nudity.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Lightangel65: 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
lovchalice:

Yes he can. Try avoiding sex before marriage to avoid all these problems.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by peromosele: 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
I don't think is a welcome idea, because some lady just like having a child. But they are not ready for marriage.
So in the nutshell men will give them what they want.
They want child not marriage.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by vincentjk(m): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
lovchalice:

Some guy really got you pregnant and wanted denying it?? So sad.

Hope you kept the baby btw, if you did how's he/she?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by FuckPolitics7506: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2020
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Exodora: 11:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
MedicH:

The garbage collector go come marry am.
You no well at all
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Lonelypacifist6: 12:17am On Jan 23, 2020
Should women be forced to marry the men the men they've fleeced? some people are just senseless when answering basic questions
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by wirinet(m): 5:38am On Jan 23, 2020
lovchalice:
He disturbed you for friendship and you turned him down, only to open your legs for him once he mentioned marriage.

My sister, there is a sequence leading to marriage. First you must like each other, then love each other, then engagement to involve the 2 families and then finally marriage. You may decide to have sex pre or post marriage, but sex should never be a condition for marriage.

He can definitely go scot free, as he only has responsibility for the baby if you decide to born it. You should even be glad he did not marry by force, as he definitely was never in love with you. He would have made your life a living hell.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by lovchalice(f): 9:03am On Jan 23, 2020
wirinet:

He disturbed you for friendship and you turned him down, only to open your legs for him once he mentioned marriage.

My sister, there is a sequence leading to marriage. First you must like each other, then love each other, then engagement to involve the 2 families and then finally marriage. You may decide to have sex pre or post marriage, but sex should never be a condition for marriage. So you can't have sex with someone you are dating. It's my fault that I trusted someone that's above 50 right. I wonder how you people find it so easy to judge. If you were in my shoes you would have done better right. Mtcheew

He can definitely go scot free, as he only has responsibility for the baby if you decide to born it. You should even be glad he did not marry by force, as he definitely was never in love with you. He would have made your life a living hell.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by lovchalice(f): 9:08am On Jan 23, 2020
wirinet:

My sister, there is a sequence leading to marriage. First you must like each other, then love each other, then engagement to involve the 2 families and then finally marriage. You may decide to have sex pre or post marriage, but sex should never be a condition for marriage. So you can't have sex with someone you are dating. It's my fault that I trusted someone that's above 50 right. I wonder how you people find it so easy to judge. If you were in my shoes you would have done better right. Mtcheew

my dear he won't go Scot free. Cos he kept pressuring me to get pregnant and I refused. The pregnancy was a mistake cos I was always very careful. But all the same I don't regret it now and I have told him to forget about taking responsibility cos I'm not giving him the child. It wasn't our agreement and I can't be his baby mama.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by lovchalice(f): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2020
vincentjk:

Some guy really got you pregnant and wanted denying it?? So sad.

Hope you kept the baby btw, if you did how's he/she?
still pregnant but we are doing fine. Decided not to involve him.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by lovchalice(f): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2020
Jeferious:
So you gave in because he proposed marriage? Nna mehn. Wetin dey inside this marriage thing wey dey shack women sef?

People are different shaa. Personally, I'm not sure I can shake hands with someone of your mentality, let alone you seeing my nudity.
really, we dated for three months before having sex. And my dear you are not better than me in anyway. Before I dated him I've been celibate for 6yrs. Wonder how many girls can boast of that. Besides I'm not complaining, I'm only saying he won't go unpunished. For me I'm happy and eagerly expecting. And I've made sure not to ask him for anything cos he will never be a father to my child. He is not qualified to
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by vincentjk(m): 9:27am On Jan 23, 2020
lovchalice:
still pregnant but we are doing fine. Decided not to involve him.

It's fine, be strong for all will be well

Are you able to fully care for yourself and the coming baby btw?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by lovchalice(f): 10:21am On Jan 23, 2020
vincentjk:

It's fine, be strong for all will be well

Are you able to fully care for yourself and the coming baby btw?
sure thing. And I've moved in with my sister. I'm almost due
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by wirinet(m): 11:04am On Jan 23, 2020
lovchalice:
really, we dated for three months before having sex. And my dear you are not better than me in anyway. Before I dated him I've been celibate for 6yrs. Wonder how many girls can boast of that. Besides I'm not complaining, I'm only saying he won't go unpunished. For me I'm happy and eagerly expecting. And I've made sure not to ask him for anything cos he will never be a father to my child. He is not qualified to

I really admire your strength and independence. You decided to keep and care baby, irrespective of the father's cowardice. Although you make an error of judgement, no one should judge you. You can still go on to achieve great things and even find true love.
I am sure the stupid boy will come begging in the future after seeing how good you and the baby is doing.

Having said that, you cannot condemn others who made the same mistake and took a different path.
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Jeferious: 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
lovchalice:
so how do you intend to punish him, if I may ask?
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by lovchalice(f): 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
Jeferious:
so how do you intend to punish him, if I may ask?
I'm not going to do Karma's work. I've moved on
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Jeferious: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
lovchalice:
I'm not going to do Karma's work. I've moved on
Good one
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Gordonz07(m): 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

Please, stop talking like an illiterate. Reply threads with sense. I'm concerned for you. How exactly are women sim cards? How?
If you had a one night stand with a girl, and got her pregnant unintentionally, so you'll marry her? Or you think she would want to marry someone she doesn't know? We should focus more on not shaming pregnant, single women and always expecting a husband because she "carry belle". Don't marry someone you don't love, no matter what. Men on this forum be acting like they don't have a brain.
what is this one saying
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Ivebeenbanned(f): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2020
Gordonz07:
what is this one saying
Proved my point.
If you had a brain, you'd understand.

Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Tabitha03(f): 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2020
Yes, men should be forced to marry ladies after impregnating them......if you don't marry the lady you impregnated who will marry them. we are tired of welcoming ladies to the baby mama's club
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Mispreeti: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
Yes
Re: Should Men Be Forced To Marry Ladies After Impregnating Them? by Gordonz07(m): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

Proved my point.
If you had a brain, you'd understand.
You've made no point. So, there is nothing to prove. Shift one side joor....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

From Being Probed By The HR Of Her Office To Surprise Proposal (photos) / When She Knows You Don't Love Her But She Is Still Coming Closer / Why Do most Nigerian Men Have This Mentality?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52