Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,427 members, 7,884,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

How To Avoid Used Car Fraud - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Avoid Used Car Fraud (1223 Views)

Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car? / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / Read This Before You Buy Another Used Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Used Car Fraud by usedcartips(m): 4:52am On Jan 22, 2020
Click Here to read How To Avoid Used Car Fraud before you go shopping Online for used Cars. Buying a used car can be the perfect way to find a vehicle that suits your needs, your lifestyle and your budget. As with any major purchase, you need to do your due diligence before buying a used car to make sure the vehicle is right for you and to avoid any frauds or scams. This process requires research, careful consideration and time to look around at different models and retail avenues.

There are several ways you are advised to protect yourself online when shopping for Used Cars for sale online:

Watch for ads or sellers that are too good to be true:

If you’re searching online for Cheap Cars for Sale near you [Click Here] and the price of a vehicle seems too low in comparison to what other people are selling for or what the typical value of that make and model is, then you might want to consider why this is. This also holds true throughout the shopping process – if the seller will only communicate by email, gets too pushy or does something that sets off your alarm bells, walk away from the sale.

Double check the condition of the car:

When you get the opportunity to check out the vehicle, give both the inside and the outside a thorough inspection to make sure it’s consistent with the condition that the seller is advertising. When it comes time to go for a test drive, don’t rush – it could take up to 30 minutes to accurately gauge how well the vehicle is running. Don’t forget to listen for any strange or telling noises.

Don’t pay before you get the vehicle – (Car Auction scams):
For example, fraudsters will try to get money from you before you view the vehicle.
Tip: Never send money without meeting someone in person and viewing the vehicle to make sure that it matches the photos in the listing. Never agree to pay for the vehicle upfront or send money via wire transfer. DO NOT RELEASE PAYMENT UNLESS YOU SEE AND PHYSICALLY INSPECT WHAT YOU ARE BUYING! It is not uncommon to meet at a bank for exchanges for large amounts of money ONLY AFTER you have carried out a physical inspection of the vehicle or maybe get a police report to ensure you are not buying a stolen vehicle. It feels more secure.

Click Here to read full article from the Original Source

1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Used Car Fraud by Trustme2(m): 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
We no dey click anything. If you can't paste here, then forget it

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Used Car Fraud by usedcartips(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
Trustme2:
It's your choice my guy!! You are NOT under any duress to read the full Article from the Original Source. I thought the full article is too long to be posted here. Good luck and stay informed!!

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Used Car Fraud by diportivo: 10:56am On Jan 24, 2020
Trustme2:

la click..............la stop drinking beer for life undecided

I cant joke with goldberg so..........

we already know where i stand grin

(1) (Reply)

Most Common Engine Problems / Who Can Help Me Upgrade My Headlights (acura TL 2012) / Can Upholestry Work On My Car Roof?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.