Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,743 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:27 AM

MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman (29481 Views)

Pictures Of Lawan And Amaechi At Tinubu's Campaign Flag-off Yesterday / APC NWC Did Not Ratify Decision Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate / Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by onyibest2k(m): 10:47am On Jan 23, 2020
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by gbemishile: 11:23am On Jan 23, 2020
debetmx:

Thank you. We know what me know.
What u know no let u get sense
Please u know it
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by beardedboy(m): 11:52am On Jan 23, 2020
Bukky244:

I did not say Shekau defeated them. They did not honour his challenge. It can be held in a University or a neutral location. Have you ever read the Quran? I dont mean recite mumbo jumbo that you dont know its meaning. I meaning critical examination of its text.

What's this one saying?! So accepting a 'challenge' means one is wrong?!

Please go and read what's called a David Sugarman strategy.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by debetmx(m): 12:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
gbemishile:

What u know no let u get sense
Please u know it

Thank you.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by Bukky244: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
beardedboy:

What's this one saying?! So accepting a 'challenge' means one is wrong?!

This is not making sense.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by Lukay99: 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
Bukky244:

There are 4 stages in Mohammeds life
1. Pre-Meccan- Before encountering Jibril in the cave of Hirah
2. Meccan- When he preached and passuade the people to believe in one true God
3. Hijrah- When he was rejected as a fake prophet
4. Post-Meccan- When he conquered Mecca

In all these stages, his teachings on war were not same. You only took the verses that were in the Meccan period. Let me show you some verses after he conquered Mecca.

Sura 9:29-31- "Fight those who believe not in God nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. The Jews call Uzair [Ezra] a son of God and the Christians call Christ the Son of God ... God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they are commanded to worship but One God ..."

Sura 9:38,39,41 -"O ye who believe! What is the matter with you, that when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of God, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place ... Go ye forth, (whether equipped) lightly or heavily, and strive [jihad] and struggle with your goods and your persons, in the cause of God. That is best for you, if ye (but) knew."

This is just two verses from many. You need to study your religion more.

Nothing is this verses preach intolerance of non muslims, you as a Christian have every right to call jesus God and I as a Muslim also have every rights to reject your claim. your bible says the only way to heaven is through christ and muslims will be in hell fire for eternity and you do have the right to say that(christianity is entitled to its opinion) but also remember that Islam/Quran is also entitled to its opinion or belief, its called tolerance

For you is your religion, and for me is my religion.” (Quran 109: 6)

Sura 9:29-31 does not ordered any Muslim to kill any non Muslim the verse is simply ordering Muslim State (A Specific Government over 1,600 years ago) the government of Muhammad (saw) in The city of Medinah that signed an alliance with the Jewish and Christian living under the Muslim state to simply pay the Jizya(Tax) Muslims then where to pay Zakat (religious tax) while non muslims are not required to pay the Zakat (religious tax) but they are only required to pay The Jizya (regular Tax) the jizya is actually lesser than the Zakat and only the adult Males are required to pay the jizya while both adults males and females muslims are required to pay the Zakat. this taxes is what is used in maintaining the city including security for all its citizens (Muslims, Jews and Christians). the verse was only telling the Muslim government 1,600 years ago (not individual muslims today and definitely not boko haram or ISIS) to fight/prosecute non muslims that refused to pay until they pay up. nothing in the verse says kill non muslims
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by naptu2: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Bukky244:
When Shekau challenged organizations like MURIC to a debate on who is the best of Muslims. They all ran away, because they know that the Boko Haram are the true Muslim who practice the sunah of Mohammed. What MURIC can do now is to reform Islam.

beardedboy:

Olodo! Uncountable number of scholars have challenged Shekau on many occasions. Even Dr Ali Isa Pantami, the minister of communication, is said to have debated and defeated Shekau.

You better stop typing crap.

Just a little point of correction. It was Muhammad Yusuf, the original founder of Boko Haram, that Dr Pantami debated. That was in 2008. They debated on things like Yusuf's statement that Western education is a sin, that it is illegal to work for government, etc. (many people say that Dr Pantami defeated Muhammad Yusuf).

This was the time that Yusuf was trying to launch his propaganda machine and I think that's why he agreed to the debate. It was held in Maiduguri and there's a video of the debate, but it's in Hausa.

A year later, Muhammad Yusuf launched a violent attack on the Nigerian state. He was subsequently arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police. He died in police custody. Shekau took over from him as the leader of Boko Haram.

Dr Pantami, an ICT expert and Islamic scholar, is currently the minister of information communication technology.

You can carry on with your debate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by Bukky244: 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2020
naptu2:

Just a little point of correction. It was Muhammad Yusuf, the original founder of Boko Haram, that Dr Pantami debated. That was in 2008. They debated on things like Yusuf's statement that Western education is a sin, that it is illegal to work for government, etc. (many people say that Dr Pantami defeated Muhammad Yusuf).

This was the time that Yusuf was trying to launch his propaganda machine and I think that's why he agreed to the debate. It was held in Maiduguri and there's a video of the debate, but it's in Hausa.

A year later, Muhammad Yusuf launched a violent attack on the Nigerian state. He was subsequently arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police. He died in police custody. Shekau took over from him as the leader of Boko Haram.

Dr Pantami, an ICT expert and Islamic scholar, is currently the minister of information communication technology.

Thanks for the contribution. @ beardedboy said the debate was with Shekau. But I am referring to the challenge by Shekau himself as reported in the media.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by beardedboy(m): 1:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
naptu2:

Thanks for the contribution. That bu.ky was trying to say Boko Haram and Shekau's understanding of Islam is the true Islam and that's why Islamic scholars are afraid to debate him.

And funny enough he was telling me to go and recite my Quran very well perhaps so I can see that Shekau's ideology is the true Islam.

Boko Haram isn't the first of it's kind, al-qaeda, Taliban and many more have been before them and many Islamic books have been written to refute their ideologies.

In fact all these ideologies have a single mother; the khaarijee sect. There are many hadiths commanding Muslim rulers to fight and kill them.

I'm just disgusted at how this buk.ky is delving into an issue that he/she has no knowledge of and trying to argue without any fact.

Look buk.ky or whatever is your name I can give you dozens of hours lecture on these ideologies and what Islam says about them. That's if you'll calm down, listen and acknowledge your ignorance. But jumping around like a mountain goat trying to form woke on something you have no knowledge of is just disgusting.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by Bukky244: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
beardedboy:

Thanks for the contribution. That bu.ky was trying to say Boko Haram and Shekau's understanding of Islam is the true Islam and that's why Islamic scholars are afraid to debate him.

And funny enough he was telling me to go and recite my Quran very well perhaps so I can see that Shekau's ideology is the true Islam.

Boko Haram isn't the first of it's kind, al-qaeda, Taliban and many more have been before them and many Islamic books have been written to refute their ideologies.

In fact all these ideologies have a single mother; the khaarijee sect. There are many hadiths commanding Muslim rulers to fight and kill them.

I'm just disgusted at how this buk.ky is delving into an issue that he/she has no knowledge of and trying to argue without any fact.

Look buk.ky or whatever is your name I can give you dozens of hours lecture on these ideologies and what Islam says about them. That's if you'll calm down, listen and acknowledge your ignorance. But jumping around like a mountain goat trying to form woke on something you have no knowledge of is just disgusting.

Please lets start a thread on "Islam and violence", and let know other person contribute except both us. BTW, I did not ask you to go and recite the Quran, I said you should study it. Recitation and study are two different things. That is the reason why most Muslims dont know any thing about their own religion, thus they resort to violence or run away like we have it in the Islam for Muslim section. Do you have a hadith? Do you have tafsirs of the Quran? What do you know? Though I am not a Muslim, but I will lecture you about Islam from your own books and scholars.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by Organs(m): 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
debetmx:

It's moniker.

Thank you. We know what me know.

Bros, some education for you here sir.

MONICA, MONIKER, monicker, monnicker, monekeer, monniker, ... the cry of a president in ecstasy, but slang variants for a name or nickname.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by beardedboy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
Bukky244:

Please lets start a thread on "Islam and violence", and let know other person contribute except both us. BTW, I did not ask you to go and recite the Quran, I said you should study it. Recitation and study are two different things. That is the reason why most Muslims dont know any thing about their own religion, thus they resort to violence or run away like we have it in the Islam for Muslim section. Do you have a hadith? Do you have tafsirs of the Quran? What do you know? Though I am not a Muslim, but I will lecture you about Islam from your own books and scholars.

Lol... Your delusion is beyond par.

Unfortunately, you won't realise. Just like dead man doesn't know he's dead so also a deluded man won't know how foolish he sounds.

How many Islamic books are even translated to English. Do you think Islamic books are those leaflets you see around? The biggest tafseer that has been translated into English is an abridged version of Ibn Katheer. And the full ibn Katheer is just an abridged version of Tafseer Tabari. And Tabari is just one of many large books of tafseer. Yet you want to lecture me about Islam.

You can lecture me about what your European masters have said about Islam since that's what you've been reading. That's their opinion and they have right to it. But saying you'll lecture me about Islam is a delusion of the highest order.

It's not your fault. It's overwhelming ignorance among many Muslims that gives people like you audacity to be saying this kind of nonsense.

In fact this your statement itself shows how ignorant you are. You think Islamic scholars are like your pastors who write 500-2k pages and start jumping around, calling themselves authors?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by gaskiyamagana: 12:32am On Jan 24, 2020
debetmx:
What's the difference between muric and boko haram?
Go and ask PDP SERVER.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by gaskiyamagana: 12:40am On Jan 24, 2020
DennisEche:

Name any known Christian terrorist that you know from Nigeria, non I guess but I can mention plenty of Nigerians who are terrorist that are Muslims, even you do have the potential of becoming a terrorist.
Mean while this is the reason behind you guys terroristic nature and behaviors. The promised unending sex with virgins
Virgins who were well defined, described and sex mongering in the Bible SONG OF SOLOMON.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by debetmx(m): 8:42am On Jan 24, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

Go and ask PDP SERVER.

Anybody who criticizes this government is a PDP supporter.

No sad.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by DennisEche(m): 8:58am On Jan 24, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

Virgins who were well defined, described and sex mongering in the Bible SONG OF SOLOMON.
BUT THEY NEVER PROMISED US VIRGINS IN HAVEN AS COMPENSATION FOR KILLING FOR GOD, ISLAM HAS BEEN EXPOSED WITH TECHNOLOGY UNLIKE BEFORE WERE QURAN IS OUT OF REACH, NOW WITHIN SOME SECONDS WE CAN ALL HAVE IT IN OUR SMART PHONES TO READ AND NO THE DECEPTIONS IN IT.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by sweetgala(m): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2020
TheApologist:
we definitely have terrorists from other religions who are just mean and heartless but in the case of Islamic extremists they pride themselves in the fact that they are fighting a just cause who is to uphold the tenets of Islam, establish Islamic government just as Allah would have wished hardly will you see any Christian commit heinous crimes especially acts of terror and be shouting Jesus name or praising God for ending the life of a supposed infidel or unbeliever

I've never seen a terrorist who is not certain or deluded about the importance of his/her cause that is why they can sustain their mindless acts.
The Lord's resistance army are chopping hands, making widows and orphans without any qualms and it is not rare for the headship and warlords to state categorically they are doing the "Lord's bidding"
I'm certain you've heard the name Jim Jones or shall we take someone like Bokassa who styled himself as god's chosen emperor. History has a great number of individuals who claim to be doing God's work Haiti suffered for decades under such a man, do read up on the history of that nation.
Re: MURIC Condemns Killing Of Lawan Andimi, CAN Chairman by orisa37: 6:29am On Jan 28, 2020
MUMU ISHAQ WHO DOESN'T KNOW THAT QASSEM PLANNED THE KILLING BEFORE TRUMP GOT HIM.
BUHARI SHOULD DEAL WITH ELSAKSAKY AND ELRUFAI FIRST BEFORE CRYING FOR LAWAN. LAWAN'S SOUL IS ALREADY RESTING IN THE LORD'S.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: Pictures From PDP Governorship Primary Election / PDP Presidential Campaign Kick-off; A Show Of Shame / Iyalode Of Yorubaland Alaba Lawson Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.