Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,416 members, 7,888,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity (62576 Views)

Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" / Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami / Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by unbitchable(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2020
MayorofLagos:

I disagree with Tinubu on this quote and on many jabs he took against Yorubas on Amotekun.

Is the repeated assault on Falae a positive intention? The killing of Mrs Olakunrin, is that a positive intention? Is the opposition and threat by Miyetti to Oyo State a positive intention?

Positive intention is what Yorubas living in North do, in peace and with humility. Why cant fulani conduct himself the same way when in Yorubaland?

Here is my suggestion -
It is apparent Tinubu is only concerned about governance and unity, when caught between Nigeria and Yoruba Tinubu will choose Nigeria before Yoruba. Yoruba leaders need to write a strong worded letter, sign it and send to Tinubu and warn him to focus strictly on his personal ambition and goals, whatever they are, and not speak for Yoruba any more.

If our leaders are not careful Tinubu may actually be the one to implement Ruga in Yorubaland if he enters Aso Rock.

Personally for myself going forward Im delisting Tinubu as a Yoruba leader. He is an elder and a Yoruba politician but not a Yoruba leader.
Tinubu is as cunning as he can get. He seems too stuck on his political ambition to ruffle feathers. Ask me, was it not same Tinubu that would blast Obasanjo in bold headlines, with same fury as he would wrench off Goodluck Jonathan when he appeared to be acting as the voice of the masses. As his loyalty appears to be tested, he falters. Would Ahmadu Bello have tilted against the interests of his people?.. would Awolowo have acted in prejudice slightly undermining the overall interests of the Yoruba nation?.. Lailai!.. Azikiwe's self acclaimed democratic heroism, after all, he ended up being a pariah. Although, I cherish his political sagacity - a man who hasn't yet learned the adversities of strange bed fellows - he has lost me & the larger Yoruba nation. I wish him the best on his future ambition.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ladycewhy:
i don mention you ,oya send the thunder na tongue ,chest beater ,online warrior grin. If you nor send the thunder for this harmattan ,i go know say your mama nor born you well tongue
Lol...dis makes me laugh...honesty am sorry for all i said to u...so sorry...ur not all I described... Far from it...accept my apology
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
Wow! This man is great, grounded, knowledgeable, calculative and proactive. Jagaban of the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by immaculatesense(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2020
bilulu:

You dat understand english can not read in between lines. If I give you my location you will bend on your knees. That is as a result of my english, idiot
Okay...am sorry for insulting u...shudnt av
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by AyakaDunukofia: 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2020
Short of the overly dramatic language, what lies before us[Amotekun] is but a step in the evolution of our federalism. This [Amotekun] is an opportunity to more clearly define that federalism
Bola Tinubu

The above excerpt is Tinubu's main position as regards Amotekun. He is a federalist and for him Amotekun would define and ignite that needed process toward federalism. All other statements there is to not alienate his Fulnani political mates.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Temptee101(m): 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
shocked

What a confused coward

Yourobas always seating on the fence

He doesn't side any party from his cowardly response

This man is too selfish, selling your people because of a plate of porridge

Spits

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by solmusdesigns: 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
That's how you play politics

Cc: solmusdesigns

I hope you are reading the comments from the enermies of SouthWest insisting he talks.. they would soon make him another Awolowo, who is qualified to rule but envied cos he is yoruba man.. Now they are rubishing him on the other thread
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Btruth: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
My verdict on Tinubu is..... I DON'T TRUST YOU.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by CyberWolf: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
tinsel:

I am an igbo man, but if you check all the noise about this matter, igbos are propagating the it the more.
Aside NK Who does not speak for Igbos but his IPOB, tell me any other prominent Igbo man that is propagating this Amotekun? Sometimes you people talk like idiot just to look smart.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by AyakaDunukofia: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
Temptee101:
shocked

What a confused coward

Yourobas always seating on the fence

He doesn't side any party from his cowardly response

This man is too selfish, selling your people because of a plate of porridge

Spits

No, there is no cowardly response there. He stated that this issue is the evolution of federalism in Nigeria.

[
quote]Short of the overly dramatic language, what lies before us[Amotekun] is but a step in the evolution of our federalism. This [Amotekun] is an opportunity to more clearly define that federalism
Bola Tinubu
[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Ebenezar2020(m): 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2020
[s]
Nmezor:
Jagaban is just sitting on the fence... He should have kept his peace jare. This long epistle is mere trash
[/s]
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Shikena(m): 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2020
adekolaelect:
wailer!!!!! your believe is everybody must express their view in your manner of insult before the good message is passed ? Action is better than making ordinary noise which can not bring any meaningful achievements. Tell me any meaningful achievements the noise of Fani Kayode ,KANU and you people their followers who don't believe or recognise any good messages passed without insult? You hail Insult , hatred and division yet nothing to show for it than to meet your water loo .Nothing good than round Table discussions with good plan that will bring peace and prosperity to the populaces . I will take you serious if you can tell us any region that take any meaningful steps With strategies and plans on any security or Fulani treat in Nigeria than what we did in south west region ? It is better to take a wise steps than to master on Insult,Hatred and division .AMONTEKUN HAS COME TO STAY !!!!! Seat down there dey examine another man character without attending to your own personal pressing Issues and making noise .
Python is the husband of any gboa gbos gbas mouth grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by seanwilliam(m): 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
BlackSeptember:
This Tinubu is an idiot.

Hiding his stupidity with Semantics that doesn't deal with the issue at hand
you would regret the day you came to this world if you said this in bourdillion.. most of you are just mouthed on nairaland, shey you fit talk am to his face??

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Bjmath: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
Hmmmmmmmm.......
When the Pharisees ask Jesus that is it lawful to pay tribute to ceacer,he didn't say yes or no.rather,he said, they should render what is meant for ceaser to ceacer, and what is meant for God to God...............that is the kind words from an intelligent fellow........ nobody can win this man.he was destined to be great.........mark my words.either you like it or not, this man called Tinubu is Nigeria next president...... you can abuse me I don't bloody care.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Baselm: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
As usual, aside FFK and some few, hardly will you see a typical politician from the WEST hitting straight forward .

Just look at how he ended up saying nothing, busy beating around without condemning and supporting what should be condemned and supported.

To the gullible ones thinking Tinubu cares for them, do well to have it in mind that he'll choose the North over you lots just to get presidential ticket.

Just come out plain and tell us you are bereft of understanding. He doesn't have to blindly follow the bandwagon to gain some grandstanding.

He clearly stated that OA will improve the security of the nation, also as a leader he is preaching caution especially for those who are at the extremes of the divide while also responding to his political adversaries.

Go and study how wise men respond to issues, study Jesus' responses in the Bible among others. You have to discern wise men, don't expect them to come to your level.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2020
He has himself to blame
You don't keep quiet on a matter so grave
There are at least 4 terror groups operating in Nigeria, these groups don't hide their agenda spreading south when the time is right,
People have been screaming for months that our forests have been taken over,
I'm telling you they have dirt on Tinubu and Osibanjo, but only time would tell.

solmusdesigns:

I hope you are reading the comments from the enermies of SouthWest insisting he talks.. they would soon make him another Awolowo, who is qualified to rule but envied cos he is yoruba man.. Now they are rubishing him on the other thread
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Mastakija(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
donstan18:
As usual, aside FFK and some few, hardly will you see a typical politician from the WEST hitting straight forward .

[b]Just look at how he ended up saying nothing, [/b]busy beating around without condemning and supporting what should be condemned and supported.

To the gullible ones thinking Tinubu cares for them, do well to have it in mind that he'll choose the North over you lots just to get presidential ticket.
ppl like you were crying and spitting rubbish here saying Tinubu has betrayed the afonjas by selling them to the northerner. He finally spoke out destroying your bad impression about him. But sure you still find way of bringing up another rubbish. when will you ppl change. U really need help I tell you

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by nams77: 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
Kwamecron:

“Question those in favour of Amotekun. Most have but the vaguest notion about it. They know few details yet vigorously attribute to its opponents the most negative intentions. Ask those who oppose Amotekun. They are equally ignorant of its provisions. They oppose the initiative not on its merits but merely because it was proposed by their political opponents or because they don’t see an avenue for personal gain from it.

If u can’t digest much from what he said, u can read the question he ask over and over again or u ask someone with good brain to interpret just this statement for you.

I don’t blame u, I blame ur leader who don’t give adequate schooling.

Hurling insult at me is quite degrading to your person. It was impolite of you.
Back to the subject matter. If you sum up tinubu's statement, he was neither here no there. In his heart, he supports amotekun but he is trying to be politically correct so as not to offend his fulani friends.
If you can't see that in his write up, then let it slide

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Temptee101(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2020
AyakaDunukofia:

No, there is no cowardly response there. He stated that this issue is the evolution of federalism in Nigeria.

[ Bola Tinubu[/b]

Read this..

The statement reads, “Those claiming that this limited, inoffensive addition to security threatens the Republic have taken themselves upon a madcap excursion.

“Those claiming that the Federal Government seeks to terribly suppress the Southwest have also lost their compass. Those who occupy these two extremes have sunken into the dark recesses of fear and political paranoia that can undo a nation if such sentiments are allowed to gestate.”
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Amalekki: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2020
RexTramadol1:

Well, security being important can't be overemphasized......

Most supporting Amotekun are about that too, but he didn't make any submission in that statement....... to him, they should find a resolve amongst themselves and bring out modalities for its operation

Infact all he said is still the same position of the S/west governors on Amotekun, they are looking for a way to harmonize it with the existing laws of the land to avoid a tribal outlook

But what the people wants to hear from Jagaban is, if things go south where is he leaning towards?

Is it Amotekun or what the FG are trying to portray ( that it is not constitutional and can't operate).

That's a simple, I support Amotekun as a yoruba man but it must work within the ambit of the Nigerian law to avoid chaos........ that's different from the governors are right, the FG is also right, let them reach a conclusion.
How did you arrive at "what people want to hear"? Tinubu is a NATIONAL leader of the ruling party. His comment must accommodate that fact. How different interests & individuals interprete his position is not something he can control.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by greenguy: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2020
Clearly a political statement... He has not said anything while speaking all the big and long grammar as far as I'm concerned.

FG has publicly declared that Amotekun is illegal... Tinubu where do you stand?

Call a spade a spade, stop accusing others of playing politics over the matter whereas people like you are those playing the real politics and the very reason Nigeria isn't making progress because they talk the talk during the talk and talk more when they should take action.

I pity our youths who have been swayed by this grammar and singing his praise.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by caprini1: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
Kwamecron:

Am not sorry that u lack understanding.
Welldone! king Solomon,the wisest of all men.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Reussite: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
This is purely a 'sitting on the fence' statement with the inability of taking a decisive position on the matter discussed thus not neglecting the initiators of Amotekun nor giving a red flag to the government stance on it.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by sam0001: 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2020
Double mouth because of 2023. May God help us in this country. Elders find it difficult to say the truth.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Marine54(m): 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2020

[/left]
Osagyefo98:
My submission is not against what Tinubu stands to gain or his stand on Amotekun but clearly a trajectory one.
[s][/s]
In Nigeria context and In Nigeria agenda everybody ne[right][/right][left]
eds to be cautious in dealing exclusively with one another and in dire cases the highest you can do is to support wh[sup][/sup]at is constitutionally right and that places you on neutral ground.

Very shameful Igbos has carried the pro-amotekun on head as if the issue will directly take off or even think of breeding off. In their zone which we all know is dead on arrival.

You keep telling anyone who cares to listen that fulani is the enemy and all sort of bla bla bla and that you are not the enemy and we must deal with the enemy and all sorts of gibberish even w[/size]hen the matter of discourse has nothing to do with you.

A right thinking human being will hold the rest of mankind same way he holds himself. Been selective on issues is clearly a bad idea, very myopic and only shows a bitter mind.

It either you remain neutral or you support what is right in the law as your constitution allows it so far you in such diversity of a country or you propose for the right law be made to accommodate all sectors.

But m ;Doving about cyberspace shouting fulani is the enemy, we must ally to deal with them. They are holding us down.[size=8pt]

Then in one sentence who is then your friend?

View everybody equally and stop behaving like old women.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by Dpharisee: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
Gabkosh:
This will pain some people from E side.

To your dissapoint, the East actually supports Amotekun
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by erinalex: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
BlackSeptember:
This Tinubu is an idiot.

Hiding his stupidity with Semantics that doesn't deal with the issue at hand
he took after your father.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by danilmo: 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2020
tunasco20:
Jagaban was careful with his choice of words. I think he sits on the fence on this matter but he did not deny his people.

U noticed the intelligent in that epistle. very careful with choice of word. only Logical and intelligent human can decipher..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by ucham: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
Lostz:
is it in Nigeria constitution to create Islamic police? to enforce Sharia law on non Muslims?
You are a wise man my brother. Please keep asking these questions so that those with discernment can understand what we are up against in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity by ucham: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
What Tinubu did is what we call : Make them no say I no talk. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Military Jet Combs Orlu For ESN Operatives After Failed Land Combat / Protesters Attack Douye Diri's House, Destroy Property / Aisha Buhari’s Inauguration Wristwatch Can Also Be Gotten For $129

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.