Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,123 members, 7,967,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:02 PM

What Is So Wrong In Struggling To Have Your Own Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is So Wrong In Struggling To Have Your Own Country? (173 Views)

My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema / 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is So Wrong In Struggling To Have Your Own Country? by czarr(m): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
When I and my "friends" from other tribes sit down to drink or something... They somehow steer the conversation to where they'll want to hear my opinion on my people's struggle to achieve Biafra...

when I tell them I'm in support of the struggle and I hope we get it peacefully and diplomatically, they proceed to tell me how igbos hate each other and are not United and so won't make a prosperous country...

and I always respond by telling them that quarrel/fight between brothers won't last long and can be settled quickly more than fight with people of different blood, language and tradition.........

my question to them remains : why the sudden care about the "unitedness" of the igbo people in their own country, when you have relegated them to second class citizens in Nigeria, and you don't care about how "not United" they are in Nigeria... This hypocrisy disgusts me.
Re: What Is So Wrong In Struggling To Have Your Own Country? by gidgiddy: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
czarr:
When I and my "friends" from other tribes sit down to drink or something... They somehow steer the conversation to where they'll want to hear my opinion on my people's struggle to achieve Biafra...

when I tell them I'm in support of the struggle and I hope we get it peacefully and diplomatically, they proceed to tell me how igbos hate each other and are not United and so won't make a prosperous country...

and I always respond by telling them that quarrel/fight between brothers won't last long and can be settled quickly more than fight with people of different blood, language and tradition.........

my question to them remains : why the sudden care about the "unitedness" of the igbo people in their own country, when you have relegated them to second class citizens in Nigeria, and you don't care about how "not United" they are in Nigeria... This hypocrisy disgusts me.

Nigeria is far from united, yet it is a country. If some people are questioning why Igbos should have their own country due to disunity, those people should tell us why they already have Nigeria despite disunity

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal Vows To Sack Corrupt Public Office Holders / Boko Haram: Former CP Tsav Writes Nigerian Editors Over Fake News, Canvases Supp / Okowa Calls For Mentorship Among Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.