Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,391 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife (3135 Views)

"I Went Through Pain" - Davido Cries Out As He Goes Extra Mile To Show His Love / Davido Hilariously Proposed To Chioma, She Said No, He Walked Away Disappointed / Bobrisky Arrested By Police In Lagos Over Fight With Toyin Lawani (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by goodnessme02: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2020
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Adeboye, has shared an inspiring experience about his marriage to his wife Folu Adeboye.
Pastor Adeboye revealed that he walked a mile away from his wife some time ago when an argument erupted in his car.

According to the popular preacher, he got married when he was only 19 years so many people could predict what was going to happen to their marriage in the future but they determined to prove people wrong.

However, he stated that their resolution not to fight almost got broken one day.
He narrated that they were traveling to Lagos from Ilesha one day and then something made Mummy Folu angry and Pastor Adeboye said he knew she was right.

She was talking while Pastor Adeboye was driving.
He was angry as well but he could not talk and there was nowhere to run.
When Pastor Adeboye could not control it anymore, he parked the car and walked away because he did not want to break the rule.

He got down and walked back towards Ilesha.

He left Mummy Folu in the car with their baby.

After walking for a mile, he got to a village where they were selling fruit, he bought and ate some and then took the remaining to his wife in the car.

By now, she was worried and scared but when she saw him, she became happy.
Pastor Adeboye then presented her with the peace offering, the fruits.

He concluded that it was the action he took so as to avoid breaking their agreement.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by bigass123(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
Marriage is not for kids (I don't mean the age).
I mean psychological maturity, strength of character and discipline.

#these are ingredients that are lacking in this generation.

10 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by goodnessme02: 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
bigass123:

Space Booker...weldone
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by bigass123(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
goodnessme02:

Space Booker...weldone

Thank you sir..
I been forget pillow, so I spread my mat first and then off to get the pillow grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by Muhammad2468(m): 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
lamba xtra
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by erifeoluwasimi(f): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
He was actually 25 while mummy was 19

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by Davash222(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
While some men would walk miles just to pick fight with their wife.

One time when I was into Nigerian girls, one came and was nagging and complaining of how I do bring different girls in the house. (House that I rented with my money oo).
Thank God for MaryJane that day. Took MJ and Heineken to calm my nerves down. After that, went to bathroom, took a 30 minutes shower, and that's it.
She's nagging, I was smiling. She confuse. Lol

May God continue to bless MaryJane for us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by goodnessme02: 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
bigass123:

Thank you sir..
I been forget pillow, so I spread my mat first and then off to get the pillow grin

Like most Nigerians do.....rotfl
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by NaijaDonCast(m): 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
MJ Euphoria is the best when able to relish that fact, can turn hostility to gentility
Davash222:
While some men would walk miles just to pick fight with their wife.

One time when I was into Nigerian girls, one came and was nagging and complaining of how I do bring different girls in the house. (House that I rented with my money oo).
Thank God for MaryJane that day. Took MJ and Heineken to calm my nerves down. After that, went to bathroom, took a 30 minutes shower, and that's it.
She's nagging, I was smiling. She confuse. Lol

May God continue to bless MaryJane for us.

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by Davash222(m): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
MJ Euphoria is the best when able to relish that fact, can turn hostility to gentility
You're a true son of your father. You'll live long.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by Adepet222(f): 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2020
What is marriage. It means two stupid forgiver. If u can't forgive easily pls do not go school called marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by slivertongue: 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
God bless You daddy, You are a man with a good heart and only good hearts make marriages successful

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by kokoA(m): 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
If na today ehn.. One slay queen for don corner am for road. They didn't face the kind of temptations we face today
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by Flexzy360(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
Oh God make me a wonderful husband

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by 40secondsMan: 6:45pm On Jan 23, 2020
KK
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by kunlesmiles(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2020
Self control in the face of provocation is not easy, but it's necessary for a good marriage.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by YorubaPrince: 7:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mr. holy ghost... wellu donu! grin

Dis man, na so so self adulation he sabi do. angry Nonsense!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
erifeoluwasimi:
He was actually 25 while mummy was 19
Haha bro i thought for sure your pastor was a pedophile when i saw 19 , bc his wife would be below 18 at then lol thanks for your comment, it cleared my edgy thoughts
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by MartinCorridon: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
Well with Fulani herdsmen out there, he dare not try this experiment again!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by KingSatan: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
When they say "Marriage is not for kids", they weren't making reference to Adults who have lived longer on Earth but Adults who understands the fundamentals of being married and staying married.

Unfortunately we are living in a time where all a woman knows about marriage is having a flamboyant wedding ceremony, dancing like a clown and walking down the isle with 200 brides maid. Or should I talk about those who see marriage as an escape route from poverty?

What about the man who sees marriage as an opportunity to show his friends that he has arrived?

90% of marriages in the 21st century are sham marriages. But don't worry, it's for a reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by samguru(m): 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
So this wifey madness is everywhere

only God knows how many times mummy G.O has wounded Daddy with mouth,

Mehn, if not for procreation women tortures are not worth enduring at all.

Thank you Daddy for your patience, other wise mummy G.O would have scattered things long ago.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by goodnessme02: 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
samguru:
So this wifey madness is everywhere

only God knows how many times mummy G.O has wounded Daddy with mouth,

Mehn, if not for procreation women tortures are not worth enduring at all.

Thank you Daddy for your patience, other wise mummy G.O would have scattered things long ago.

I dey tell you....a woman will always be a woman
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by doggedfighter(f): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Nice
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by Kendumazy(m): 12:11am On Jan 24, 2020
It's good to hear this. Better than other pastors that will paint their marriage like the most perfect ever thing.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: I Walked A Mile To Avoid Fight With My Wife by goodnessme02: 6:12am On Jan 24, 2020
You mean like they don't have weaknesses ba......
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kendumazy:
It's good to hear this. Better than other pastors that will paint their marriage like the most perfect ever thing.

(1) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Releases Statement On Kanye West / Vee Asks Laycon To Take Her To Shoprite In His New Car / Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.