Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,513 members, 7,975,059 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 03:53 PM

Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs (4996 Views)

Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost / Suleiman Abba Handover To Solomon Arase (pics) / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by BillGatesFan(m): 9:38am On May 30, 2007
Daddy don't handover, Duke's daughter begs

By John Ighodaro
Posted to the Web: Wednesday, May 30, 2007

CALABAR —NINE year old daughter of former governor of Cross River State, little Dona Duke in an emotion laden voice appealed to his father, Mr. Donald Duke not to handover to Senator Liyel Imoke at the U.J. Esuene Stadium in Calabar where the handover took place.

Minutes before the swearing in of the new governor, Senator Liyel Imoke, little Dona who apparently was aware of the implication of her father handing over to senator Liyel Imoke who is a family friend thought it was all family affair that could be settled within the confines of the family.
She turned to her father, Mr. Donald Duke and said, “Daddy, do not handover to him” which set everyone bursting into laughter.

While recalling the incident at the executive council chambers during the handing over of notes by former governor, Mr. Donald Duke to Senator Liyel Imoke, the new governor, Mr. Imoke told Mr. Donald Duke that he was still part of the administration and that the new administration would still welcome his brilliant ideas, wisdom and advice”.

He then recalled once again how little Dona had pleaded with her father earlier on that “Daddy, do not handover to him.”

Imoke lauded Mr. Donald Duke for his achievements in the last eight years, saying, “Mr. Donald Duke came in as governor eight years ago with unbelievable drive. Oftentimes when we achieve great success we soon forget how it all began. Today, eight years later, Cross River State is on the map of the world. Donald Duke is on the lips of every Nigerian. He has served, but we want him to know that we need his total support as we move forward.”
Re: Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by Mamajama(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2007
i will asked my dad to hand over and spend more time with us, KUDOS
Re: Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by BillGatesFan(m): 9:32pm On May 31, 2007
Mamajama: Is your dad a Governor? grin grin grin We can see how Intoxicating Power is, even a little girl loves it,wants to match on Red Carpet
Re: Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by McKren(m): 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2007
I think this is a 9yr old thinking she is protecting her fathers interest. There is no point criticising her or giving a contrary opinion except you are 9 or below.

As a kid I remembered advising my dad to be Comando after watching Arnold Swazchniger in his movie called comando.

So leave the little girl alone. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by rikkyjen(m): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2007
No Mind dat little girl, she is used to the comfort of the state House, blaring of the sirens to clear the way and soldiers saluting her ass grin grin grin
Re: Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by olutomiwa(m): 6:29pm On Jun 01, 2007
na wa o,powa sweet so tey a 9 year old girl don sabi how sweet d thn be.God abeg come make me too governor as my papa no fit be.
Re: Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by Ajibel(m): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Daddy Don't Handover, Duke's Daughter Begs by agwom(m): 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Impeachment: Ekiti State CJ Sets Up Panel To Investigate Fayose / Must Watch:bokoharam Members Celebrating Easter Dancing Tesumole By Naira Marley / When Two Oyinbo People Decide To Savage Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.