Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,924 members, 7,886,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

Jazz Is Not Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jazz Is Not Real (358 Views)

The Blood Of Jesus Is Not Real / If This Happened In Religion, They Will Call It Jazz Or Miracle / Ibidunni Ighodalo Honoured By Dolapo Osinbajo At Runway Jazz Humanitarian Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jazz Is Not Real by Pricelessfina(f): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2020
I’m of the firm belief that if you believe in the existence of a supreme being, you should believe in jazz as well because goodwill never exists without evil. Jazz (juju) is a form of Nigerian worship often referred to as voodoo in many other cultures. It supposably involves being in contact with the spiritual realm, traditional deities, and ancestors who grant supernatural wishes to the people who implore these spirits.

Most of the time this communication with spirits or ancient Nigerian deities occurs through the use of a native doctor or witch doctor who is the intercessor between the devotee and these spirits. This transaction often involves some form of sacrifice, be it monetary or in kind. Sometimes animals, body parts and even human beings are requested (this is according to popular belief). When said exchange is made the person can gain whatever they requested for be it money, power, love or the destruction of an enemy. Jazz is a newer term for the phenomenon. It used to be called juju years back.

I asked a few people if they believe that it works and why they do or don’t. They had these to say:
I would say yes because just as religious miracles exist but can’t be scientifically proven, so does juju. Moreover, I have seen so many strange things in my lifetime to doubt its existence.

Bridget
I believe jazz is real because I’ve seen it happen first hand. We have rainmakers is my village and I’ve seen them perform and make the rainfall.

Ochemba
It is real because I feel like the world is deeper than we know. Because the spiritual controls the physical.

Ashashi
I keep an open mind on it. I haven’t had any personal experience, but I’m leaning towards believing it exists because of the stories people have told me.

Akume
I believe there is a superpower that is beyond human eyes and the power makes available more power in the universe that not everybody can control. So for some people that are able to control these powers, they use it to create an illusion, some of which happen to be negative.

Tiwa
I don’t believe it’s real because it’s not consistent. I’ve heard about it working only based on probability.

John
Yes now, I believe it because I see it in practice every day at communal clashes where cutlasses bounce off people and people don’t get hurt from gunshots.

Akpos
I really have no idea. I don’t have any interest in knowing if I believe it or not.

Chidinma
The African in me says yes, but the logic in me disagrees. There’s something called The Archetypal Theory, which states that irrespective of the education or how far away you’ve gone from your roots, The human in you will always respond to the call of their blood. For instance, you might say you don’t believe in jazz, but if you walk into a bush and see a red cloth tied to a feather, your instinct will be to avoid that item.

Sanusi
The major thing about most of these responses is that people have not had the first-hand experience of jazz working. It’s mostly always “my neighbor’s wife said this,” or “I heard from my grandmother’s best friend, that…”

jazz
Now, the question is, “do I believe it works?”

https://everyevery.ng/psa-jazz-is-not-real/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jazz Is Not Real by kingxsamz(m): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2020
I love the last response.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Prophecy Update: / CORONAVIRUS: Stop Condemning Churches As Mosques Also Open / Don't Panic Covid-19 Will Comengo. But Adhere To Govt Warnings . God Told Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.