Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,639 members, 7,921,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:23 AM

Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy (493 Views)

What Would Be The Stance Of Other Regions If IPOB And Arewa Spark Another War? / Beware Hausa And Arewa Minorities / Atiku Bags The Endorsement Of Lagos South East, South South And Arewa Women Grou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Bulleye(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2020
Let me start this write-up by repeating what we all know: The present Yoruba political elite led by Tinubu are all prey of the northern political establishment. With this background I begin pouring my thoughts out.
When Amotekun was launched the northern political machinery was put in action to attack and intimidate the Yoruba. Unfortunately Yoruba political representatives as represented by Tinubu killed it and packaged something else. What Yoruba will get after the meeting with Osibanjo will make Yoruba regret supporting their governors to support the setting up of Amotekun.
That Tinubu press release has killed the original Amotekun. What Yoruba will be offered now is the opposite of Amotekun: a monster that will torment the Yoruba and reinforce the grip of Arewa on the security forces. It would have been better for Yoruba not to have toyed with the idea of setting up Amotekun at all. However Tinubu will pay for the betrayal of Yoruba to set up a security outfit to safeguard their land and lives. So this moronic Tinubu does not know he has shot himself in the foot with this action of his. Who trusts a man who betrays his people. Tinubu right now belongs neither to the Yoruba nor the hegemonic Arewa: he is a canon folder to both sides. If he is wise he should prepare for the worst and write his will: his fate will be worse than that of Afonja and Abiola combined. Tinubu's golden era has passed.
Now to the Arewa supremacists who believe Nigeria is their inheritance : Amotekun should be an opener that once the Yoruba people are fed up they will damn the consequences. Arewa should prepare for Nigeria's break up. It cannot be stopped and the earlier they accept this fact the better for them. The more they delay the greater the catastrophe will be. As the second hand of the clock ticks so the catastrophe awaiting Nigeria exponentially increases. It is not a matter of if Nigeria will break but it is a question of when.
Now to the attorney general of the federation and Arewa supremacists that are quoting laws and sections of the Nigerian constitution that make Amotekun unconstitutional. Buhari's attention was drawn and is still being drawn to the federal character act. What has been his response so far? Can the attorney general and his Arewa supremacists answer the question? Miyetti Allah has become a republic within a republic with no action from the attorney general and Arewa supremacists. Living in denial never drives a crisis away. Buhari's present administration is treasonable by its actions and inactions and has has therefore lost legitimacy.
Let the Yoruba go back to the drawing board again because Amotekun has been compromised and should therefore be rejected. They should start another initiative that should exclude Tinubu and his gang. And the Arewa supremacists should prepare for eventuality because there is too much blood in their hands and they can never stop the break up of Nigeria. They have just two options before them: restructuring which is peaceful as demonstrated through the peaceful formation of Amotekun by the Yoruba or violence as executed by the Igbo through the declaration of war on Nigeria. No middle ground.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by kayfra: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2020
Bulleye:
Let me start this write-up by repeating what we all know: The present Yoruba political elite led by Tinubu are all prey of the northern political establishment. With this background I begin pouring my thoughts out.
When Amotekun was launched the northern political machinery was put in action to attack and intimidate the Yoruba. Unfortunately Yoruba political representatives as represented by Tinubu killed it and packaged something else. What Yoruba will get after the meeting with Osibanjo will make Yoruba regret supporting their governors to support the setting up of Amotekun.
That Tinubu press release has killed the original Amotekun. What Yoruba will be offered now is the opposite of Amotekun: a monster that will torment the Yoruba and reinforce the grip of Arewa on the security forces. It would have been better for Yoruba not to have toyed with the idea of setting up Amotekun at all. However Tinubu will pay for the betrayal of Yoruba to set up a security outfit to safeguard their land and lives. So this moronic Tinubu does not know he has shot himself in the foot with this action of his. Who trusts a man who betrays his people. Tinubu right now belongs neither to the Yoruba nor the hegemonic Arewa: he is a canon folder to both sides. If he is wise he should prepare for the worst and write his will: his fate will be worse than that of Afonja and Abiola combined. Tinubu's golden era has passed.
Now to the Arewa supremacists who believe Nigeria is their inheritance : Amotekun should be an opener that once the Yoruba people are fed up they will damn the consequences. Arewa should prepare for Nigeria's break up. It cannot be stopped and the earlier they accept this fact the better for them. The more they delay the greater the catastrophe will be. As the second hand of the clock ticks so the catastrophe awaiting Nigeria exponentially increases. It is not a matter of if Nigeria will break but it is a question of when.
Now to the attorney general of the federation and Arewa supremacists that are quoting laws and sections of the Nigerian constitution that make Amotekun unconstitutional. Buhari's attention was drawn and is still being drawn to the federal character act. What has been his response so far? Can the attorney general and his Arewa supremacists answer the question? Miyetti Allah has become a republic within a republic with no action from the attorney general and Arewa supremacists. Living in denial never drives a crisis away. Buhari's present administration is treasonable by it's actions and inactions and has has therefore lost legitimacy.
Let the Yoruba go back to the drawing board again because Amotekun has been compromised and should therefore be rejected. They should start another initiative that should exclude Tinubu and his gang. And the Arewa supremacists should prepare for eventuality because there is too much blood in their hands and they can never stop the break up of Nigeria. They have just two options before them: restructuring which is peaceful as demonstrated through the peaceful formation of Amotekun by the Yoruba or violence as executed by the Igbo through the decline of war on Nigeria. No middle ground.

Osu

Izzit ya Amotekun?
Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by oyin44: 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Donaldoni: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2020
Piggiiidddiiioottts like taking panadol for another's headache... embarassed

Yesterday's agreement among the relevant stakeholders is a pill too bitter for them to swallow... smiley

Now, they have started speculating what the eventual Amotekun legal framework will be and how it will not favour Yorubas

What can be more pathetic than this What sort of envy and jealousy is this Aren't you all waiting for Yorubas to pull through with this so that you can set up yours

The original slaves remain those who ascribe more power to Fulanis than even the Fulanis themselves... grin

Damn!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Bulleye(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
I am Yoruba. Be objective please and strip yourself of delusion.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Bulleye(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
Donaldoni:

Yesterday's agreement among the relevant stakeholders is a pill too bitter for them to swallow... smiley

Now, they have started speculating what the eventual Amotekun legal framework will be and how it will not favour Yorubas

What can be more pathetic than this What sort of envy and jealousy is this Aren't you all waiting for Yorubas to pull through with this so that you can set up yours

The original slaves remain those who ascribe more power to Fulanis than even the Fulanis themselves... grin

Damn!

I am Yoruba but very objective in my analysis. Kindly leave the Igbo out of this. Face the facts.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by ChoCho54(f): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2020
Donaldoni:

Damn!

Lol.. you are a clown!

When most Yorubas are at alert, you are still queued up, waiting in turn for tinubu's arse.

Good luck to you.

Edited: I looked at your moniker and what came to my mind was " dullardinnho" grin
Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Donaldoni: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
Bulleye:

I am Yoruba but very objective in my analysis. Kindly leave the Igbo out of this. Face the facts.

You want to go ahead and create a security outfit that is not backed by any law
Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Donaldoni: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
[s]
ChoCho54:
Lol.. you are a clown!

When most Yorubas are at alert, you are still queued up, waiting in turn for tinubu's arse.

Good luck to you.

Edited: I looked at your moniker and what came to my mind was " dullardinnho" grin
[/s]

You are a kid! embarassed
Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Horladipupo0505: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
I can only smell something fishy in dis issue,how will u allow someone like tinubu create a platform for ur negotiation with dis tyrant federal government.dis Amotekun of a thing will later end up as a tormentor to the Yoruba because i blv tinubu will use dat to sell Yoruba to the Fulanis and dey end up as one of the security personnel like the DSS, SARS AND CO. so I pray the Yoruba will Neva regret trusting tinubu and osibanjo. God save us

1 Like

Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Bulleye(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2020
I see a scenario where Tinubu throws Yoruba under the bus to achieve his political ambition. His neither-here-nor-there stand on Amotekun is a bad omen for Yoruba political future.
Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by Iamgrey5(m): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
Bulleye:
I am Yoruba. Be objective please and strip yourself of delusion.
How are you so sure Amotekun is now different from what is meant to be?
Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by ChoCho54(f): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2020
Donaldoni:
[s][/s]

You are a kid! embarassed

E pain am

Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2020
When Buharists started shouting constitution and rule of law, I just started laughing
Biggest fooools on the planet

1 Like

Re: Amotekun, Buhari And Arewa Hypocrisy by orisa37: 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2020
COMMUNITY POLICING WHICH IS DEVOID OF FG'S PARTICIPATION AND INFLUENCE IS PEOPLE'S INALIENABLE RIGHT. THAT'S WHAT AMOTEKUN REPRESENTS. ANYTHING DIFFERENT IS NOT AMOTEKUN.
STATES AND REGIONAL GROUPS SHOULD LAUNCH SOMETHING SIMILAR TO AMOTEKUN AND LET US FLOW ALONG PEACEFULLY.

OR

STATE ASSEMBLIES AND NASS SHOULD COME TOGETHER URGENTLY NOW TO AGREE TO GRANT FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICE, RESOURCES AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES AND REDUCE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT (FG) TO FEDERAL LIAISON GOVERNMENT (FLG). ANY POLITICIAN WANTING TO BE PRESIDENT IN 2023 WITHOUT THE ABOVE ARRANGEMENTS BEING PUT INTO PLACE IS A FRAUD, A LOOT, A FELON AND A HIGH CLASS CRIMINAL.

From Orunto27.

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: APC Withdraws From Akwa Ibom's Re-run Election / Presidential Rift: Osinbajo Is Not Complaining, Buhari Replies Critics / Why Kemi Nelson Shunned Chief Molade Okoya-thomas’ 5th Year Remembrance Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.