Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... (5389 Views)

Can I Use 5W30 Engine Oil In Place Of 5W20 In 2003 Honda Accord? / 2003 Honda Civic........ / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... by bmarketing: 9:51pm On May 30, 2020
dru23:
This is my currant car 03 civic to my fleet. This 03 toks civic was bought at least 3 months ago. I bought the car via auction.... This is the most costly civic so far and below were the issues. And part of the cost was logistic issue...

1. I bought the civic very high via iaa auction months ago.

2. At the time of purchase I underestimate the distance from auction site to my home . Which cost me an extra $300 and $90.00 in storage fees

3. The car had transmission issue: which I was not aware of at the time of purchase. It was listed Run and Drive

4. The car needed a paint job, but nevertheless the interior and exterior were in good shape. Engine was 162k miles.

The process of getting my Civic Uber ready

1. Transmission.... About 70k naira including cost of Honda ATF .. When it comes Honda transmission, you must use the recommended ATF ,this is non negotiable. Unless you want to be changing transmission every few thousand miles ..

2. Paint job .. 55knaira The whole car was painted in order for the car to come out good.

3. Linkage, brake pads, a/c coil, bushings and fire extinguisher, C caution sign and miscellaneous items about 70k naira. Also we change tires and rims to size 15. This way gives the car a better ground clearance. And also 04 and 05 civic comes with size 15 rims and tires. The 02 and 03 civics are only 14size rim and tires , I dont know why.....

4. Oil change: This is where Mobil 1 Extended Performance comes in 5w20. I can't do with out my Mobil 1 extended performance. It is like bringing a knife to a gun fight without it .. 17k naira value

The total cost of getting the car uber ready, including purchasing, unforseen expenses is 1.6m naira .

And to potential investor are you ready for this uber business. Do you have the time and patient to make it work. If you are not hands on this business is not for you. If you are just looking for someone to manage for you, this business is not for you ..
As much as I spend so much getting the car uber ready. I also take my time matching good driver to the car. Just like any corporation does, you need time to search for good candidates that will meet the criteria for the position. Anything you rush yourself into ,you are at a risk rushing yourself out .. The dynamics of this business requires time and patients . It is a tough business and I would not recommend it anyone that is not hands....

Conclusion: Before you invest in this business think of the time you need to put in and cost . I will not advise anyone to give their cars out there for someone to manage for them. But if you want drive yourself than this business is perfect for you.
I get so many people asking me to help them manage their cars. I always tell them 'NO' because I know the stress I go through each day. The truth is that even uber fares are highly favorable to drivers, some of them will still give excuse not to deliver.
And at times owners are to blame for the failure of the business. A lot of them dont understand the business their getting into. They just look for drivers and expect daily or weekly alerts. Drivers at the sametime don't care, they think they are doing you a favor. Some of them have good rental deals ,but they still mess up..

PS..... Civics are still the best cars for me . Better than Corolla, elantra, Kia etc .. Easy to maintain and cost of buying a good tokunbo should not pass 1.5m naira.
Nice one baba. I sent you a PM. Please check. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... by skywalker240(m): 6:10am On Jun 17, 2022
Re: ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... by SKINDOGGY: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2022
I need a 2014 civic for personal use
Re: ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... by shigoawesu(m): 7:27am On Aug 07, 2022
dru23:

Hit me via email dru23@hotmail.com

I sent you an email bro
Re: ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... by dru23(m): 8:21am On Aug 07, 2022
shigoawesu:

I sent you an email bro

I replied with my WhatsApp number give me a call later in the afternoon
Re: ...2003 Honda Civic .......getting It Uber Ready...... by shigoawesu(m): 11:51am On Aug 07, 2022
dru23:

I replied with my WhatsApp number give me a call later in the afternoon

Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata / Intel Partners With Warner Bros To Bring Entertainment To Self-Driving Cars / Sedan Vehicles: Do Toyota's Outlast Mercedes Benz In Real Life? NO!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.