Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,580 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Jesus Listens - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Listens (508 Views)

When Truth Speaks, Wisdom Listens... / Open Heaven 10 January 2020- Jesus Listens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Listens by kpakpandoN(m): 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
You would most likely be required to book an appointment if you want to see a great person. If you are lucky to get that appointment and finally get to see him/her, you must be brief because if you are not quick enough, he/she could leave you and move to something else. Great people of this world can be like that, but my Jesus, in spite of being the greatest of all, is different. He listens.

Jesus is really busy; in spite of this, the moment He hears the voice of any of His children, He stops everything else He is doing and pays rapt attention to you like He did for Batimaeus in our Matthew 7:7-11. One thing that gives me joy is not just that He stops everything else that He is doing to listen to me, but that He listens to me alone at that particular time. Jesus could have asked all the blind people around that place to come together since He was about to heal the blind, but He called only Bartimaeus.

I want you to know that Jesus is never too busy to listen to you and you alone. The problem is that most of us don’t call on Him. These days, we talk more about prayers than we actually pray. He is gentle. He will not come into your situation uninvited. He saw that Bethimaeus was blind, yet He asked him what he wanted; He knew the history of the man at the pool of Bethesda, yet He asked him if he wanted to be whole. A song writer said “O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.” Take everything to Him in prayer. Many times, we worry about our problems and complain, forgetting to mention them to God; no wonder they linger. Psalm 34:15 tells us:
“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.”

Are you feeling discouraged and depressed? Talk to Jesus. Are you anxious about something? Talk to Jesus. Are you experiencing a strong temptation that you just might fail? Talk to Jesus. He will leave everything else to listen to you; just talk to Him now.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Jesus Listens by AntiChristian: 6:55am On Jan 26, 2020
Jesus doesn't listen! Even his prayer wasn't answered on Christians!

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Till kingdom come this prayer won't be answered cos even the Lord Chosen that came around some years ago will call Celestial & Cherubim idolators!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Listens by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

His prayer has been answered but NOT on FAKE Christians!

It's because Islam is so disorganized that you people only agreed on bowing to the black stone in Mecca that's blurring your spiritual vision.

There supposed to be ORIGINAL and FAKE of anything in this life, but since Islam doesn't have original, there is no way to differentiate between true and false Muslims!

If someone ask you now "how can i identify a TRUE Muslim group since you're saying that what most groups are doing in the name of Islam totally contradicts the teachings of the prophet of Allah?"

You can't provide a straightforward answer, yet you're battling furiously to refute the teachings of Churches simply because they're not bowing to the black stone! cheesy
Re: Jesus Listens by AntiChristian: 7:38am On Jan 26, 2020
Maximus69:

His prayer has been answered but NOT on FAKE Christians!

It's because Islam is so disorganized that you people only agreed on bowing to the black stone in Mecca that's blurring your spiritual vision.

There supposed to be ORIGINAL and FAKE of anything in this life, but since Islam doesn't have original, there is no way to differentiate between true and false Muslims!

If someone ask you now "how can i identify a TRUE Muslim group since you're saying that what most groups are doing in the name of Islam totally contradicts the teachings of the prophet of Allah?"

You can't provide a straightforward answer, yet you're battling furiously to refute the teachings of Churches simply because they're not bowing to the black stone! cheesy
Grand pa JW Go and sit down sir!

Read and digest your awake in peace!
Re: Jesus Listens by MuttleyLaff: 7:41am On Jan 26, 2020
AntiChristian:
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me
—nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.
"
- Luke 22:42

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. "
- John 6:38

"And He said, “Abba, Father! All things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me.
Nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.
"
- Mark 14:36

"Going a little farther, he fell facedown and prayed,
“My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me.
Yet not as I will, but as you will.
"
- Matthew 26:39

On the evidence of two or three witnesses, a matter shall be confirmed and makes this comment about Jesus doesnt listen or that even His prayer wasnt answered untrue.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Listens by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 26, 2020
AntiChristian:
Grand pa JW Go and sit down sir!

Read and digest your awake in PEACE!

Glory be to the Most High God!

Since you know that there is PEACE amongst those studying the Watchtower Magazines, the case is closed! smiley

So continue arguing fruitlessly with your friends whose forms of worship like yours brings NO PEACE!

Salam! wink
Re: Jesus Listens by AntiChristian: 8:30am On Jan 26, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me
—nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.
"
- Luke 22:42

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. "
- John 6:38

"And He said, “Abba, Father! All things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me.
Nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.
"
- Mark 14:36

"Going a little farther, he fell facedown and prayed,
“My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me.
Yet not as I will, but as you will.
"
- Matthew 26:39

On the evidence of two or three witnesses, a matter shall be confirmed and makes this comment about Jesus doesnt listen or that even His prayer wasnt answered untrue.

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)
Re: Jesus Listens by CAPSLOCKED: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Listens by janettee(f): 8:46am On Jan 26, 2020
Lol, guess he's busy preparing for his second coming lipsrsealed.
Re: Jesus Listens by Auki: 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2020
To listen to all creatures in their prayers, and in all conditions, you must be omnipresent.

Show me in the bible where Jesus said he is omnipresent and listen to all.

Jesus doesn't know who you are or your condition. Prayer directed to him is always unanswered.

Pray to the creator of Jesus and your forefathers of old. That is the true religion.
Re: Jesus Listens by sonmvayina(m): 11:55am On Jan 29, 2020
Auki:
To listen to all creatures in their prayers, and in all conditions, you must be omnipresent.

Show me in the bible where Jesus said he is omnipresent and listen to all.

Jesus doesn't know who you are or your condition. Prayer directed to him is always answered.

Pray to the creator of Jesus and your forefathers of old. That is the true religion.

But Jesus is a Roman creation... Are you asking us to pray to the Romans?..
Re: Jesus Listens by Auki: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
sonmvayina:

But Jesus is a Roman creation... Are you asking us to pray to the Romans?..

I ask you to:

1.Pray to your creator alone and do not associate partner with him. Do not call unto Jesus as God, son or assign divinity to him.

2. Do and encourage what is right and shun and discourage what is evils.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah’s Witness UK Headquarters Dissolves Kingdom Hall Charities, Seizes Full / Bishop Oyedepo And Disregard To Constitute Authority / Fighting Covid -19 Through Virgin Mary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.