Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,258 members, 7,943,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 05:53 PM

What It Means To Take The Bull By The Horns - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What It Means To Take The Bull By The Horns (187 Views)

Green Card In Football - What It Means. Photo / WAEC CASS - What It Means For WASSCE 2020 Candidates / The Bull Moose Principle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What It Means To Take The Bull By The Horns by Chikezie1245: 1:12am On Jan 26, 2020
†††

KING Agamemnon was put into a tight corner when he called out to Achilles to come out and face Boagrius, a giant fighting for the other camp, and the young warlord did not answer.

The king from the other camp sniggered.

A Greek commander informed King Agamemnon that Achilles was not with the army, and that he had sent a boy to go and fetch him.

★★★

The boy reached the place where the Greek soldiers were camping, and threw open the sheets covering one of the tents, and walked in.

There, Achilles was lying naked with two or three women, and they were all sleeping.

The boy relayed the message to him.

Outside, as Achilles was mounting his stallion horse, the boy asked curiously, ‘‘Is it true that your mother is a goddess. They say you can’t be killed.’’

Matter-of-factly, Achilles said, ‘‘Then I won’t be bothering myself with the shield and armour.’’

Then, face laden with worry, the boy said, ‘‘The Thessalonian you’re going to fight is the biggest man I have ever seen. He is as tall as a tree! I won’t fight him if I were you.’’

Pulling at the reins, Achilles said, ‘‘THAT’S WHY NO ONE WILL REMEMBER YOUR NAME.’’ (Capitalization and highlight for emphasis)

Now, my question is: Do you want your name to be remembered? If your answer is in the affirmative, then you must take the bull by the horns. The bull, we all know, is a violent animal, and holding its horns means taking risks. Everything worthwhile involves risk-taking. In the midst of that daunting task is a glorious crown! If you settled for a less daunting task, you would get a reward that will only last for a while.

We fail mostly because we nurture fear in our minds. We believe we can’t do it. We always want to grab the easy tasks, and shy away from the challenging ones. Cast your mind to the great people who did gargantuan exploits and tell me if any of them played to the gallery. They all paid their dues.

The rule is simple: face the little maggots and you have a brief relief; face your monsters and you receive the crown and the glory!

More on>>>www.illufik.com

(1) (Reply)

2020/2021 Cotonou Admission Thread Guide / What Is Your Current Worth, If Valued? / Southeast University Chinese Government Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.