Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,709 members, 7,972,620 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Unlimited Power Of Prayer And Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unlimited Power Of Prayer And Fasting (454 Views)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Unlimited Power Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 11:02am On Jan 26, 2020
“And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”
— Mark 10:27

“For with God nothing shall be impossible.”
— Luke 1:37

God's power has no limits; He can do the utmost impossible. Truly, what is impossible with men is possible with God. What we call impossible, is a possibility with God.

Genesis 18
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

¹⁴ Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

God was surprised when Sarah laughed at His promise;

"Why did Sarah laugh when I said she would be pregnant?" God told Abraham.

"Doesn't she know that nothing is a difficulty to me?" (Paraphrased)

Sarah laughed because she and Abraham were old and passed child bearing age. Like Sarah did, we often limit the power of God without realizing His power cannot be measured or limited.

In the New Testament, God has given us His unlimited power by His Words through the Holy Spirit:

“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you... "
— Acts 1:8

However, this power is in measures, we have received varying measures of power. No one can receive ALL the power of God and still be alive:

“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,”
— Ephesians 3:20

What God can do in your life, is limited to the measure of His power in your life. We all have God's power but in a measure.

For example although Elisha was a servant of Elijah, but because he carried more power than his master, he performed twice the miracles Elijah did:

2 Kings 2
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁹ And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

¹⁰ And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.

Even though historically, Elijah is more popular than Elisha, the latter performed greater miracles even in his death; His dry bones raised the dead! (2 kings 13: 20-21)

Now, the major way God releases His power is by His WORD; and His Word is our spiritual food:

“But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
— Matthew 4:4

“Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart...”
— Jeremiah 15:16

“Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.”
— Job 23:12

The Word of God nourishes and empowers us spiritually, just as Elijah ate supernatural food and that food energized him for 40 days:

“And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.”
— 1 Kings 19:8

Having understood this, where does fasting and prayer come in? Fasting for the beliver, is an opportunity to feed more on God's Word for spiritual power. This is why any fast that lacks Bible reading is mere religious exercise.

If you want your prayers to be more effective when you fast, read more of God's Word. God's Word is the true source of His power:

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword..."
— Hebrews 4:12

In sharp contrast to our spiritual food, physical food weakens and drains us spiritually. Eating too much physical food can make one lazy, weak and sluggish spiritually. This is why fasting is important. We need to find occasional time to abstain from eating yam, beans, corn flakes, fried plantains, moin moin, etc. And feed deeply on God's Word.

By so doing, we are more empowered spiritually and our prayers will be more effective and powerful.

God's power is unlimited, yes. But if you eat too much, you put a limit on His power in your life. Fasting, prayer and Bible reading serves to increase God's power in our lives.

In Mark 9:17-29, the disciples failed to cast out a particular demon because they did not have enough power despite their intense commands.

How many times have we faced impossible situations that even our best and most intense prayers couldn't handle?

This is the major reason many of us remain stagnant for so many years...lack of power! Lack of fasting and Bible reading!

There are certain miracles that can't happen unless we fast; certain enemies can't be defeated unless we fast.

In Judges 20, the Isrealites failed to defeat their brothers the benjaminites because they lacked sufficient spiritual power. Obviously, the tribe of Benjamin was backed by a superior demonic entity, until the Isrealites underwent a fast and enough power was generated for their victory.

Re: The Unlimited Power Of Prayer And Fasting by hakeem4(m): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2020
i remember when i was a believer and i used to pray and most of the times my prayers do not get answered
Re: The Unlimited Power Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
hakeem4:
i remember when i was a believer and i used to pray and most of the times my prayers do not get answered

God answers prayers, the problem is most times the enemy hinders them. Don't blame God.

(1) (Reply)

Mcdowells, Nathaniel Bassey, Chioma Jesus, Others For Dunamis’ Nations Worship / A Must Watch For All Christains: The New Wave Of Persecution’ / Police Nabbed Pastor Who Tries To Bomb His Church In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.