Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,661 members, 7,914,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:20 AM

Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) (2036 Views)

Wikileaks Cables: Shell's Grip On Nigerian State Revealed / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA / Wikileaks Said It Has 4,598 Cables Originating From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by proudly9ja(m): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2010
xterra2:

@Proudly9ja They went to Iraq on a lie of WMD they didnt find it and kept on kiling inocent people, how bout that
I have said and I say again, I do NOT support the crimes committed by American soldiers. I am in no way defending them.
All I said was that in times of war, there is no innocent group and I maintain that. Go and ask any soldier you know who has been to battle, if they are objective, they will tell you the same.

I brought out that issue because some people here stated their support for Iran and N.Korea's nuclear weapon plan (if there's any) and I pointed out that this video should not be a basis for taking sides.

But again, we are all entitled to our opinions.
---------------------------------
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by binhozie(m): 9:19pm On Dec 12, 2010
Trigger-happy overzealous yank didnt see children in the front. . .lol
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by proudly9ja(m): 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2010
binhozie:

Trigger-happy overzealous yank didnt see children in the front. . .lol
Il be surprised if they did not see those children. They were too obvious not to be noticed.
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by evilspirit: 9:34pm On Dec 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

I have said and I say again, I do NOT support the crimes committed by American soldiers. I am in no way defending them.
All I said was that in times of war, there is no innocent group and I maintain that. Go and ask any soldier you know who has been to battle, if they are objective, they will tell you the same.

I brought out that issue because some people here stated their support for Iran and N.Korea's nuclear weapon plan (if there's any) and I pointed out that this video should not be a basis for taking sides.

But again, we are all entitled to our opinions.
---------------------------------

if there are no innocent group then why do we have war crimes and its tribunal.war is not a license to kill anybody.there are rules of engagement.killing children women and journalist and unarmed civilian is not allowed.
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2010
Dear proudly9ja,
Your assertion that no one is innocent at times of war is quite infantile. There are loads of loads ratified by these countries including Nigeria commonly known as rules of engagement. It is a crime to even kill an unarmed soldier wearing a uniform which you can take as a POV and treat according to the geneva convention! Not to talk of people not dressed as soldiers and are unarmed.
My brother the problem we all have is that America champions these laws around the world. Please giving any excuse whatsoever in any way shape or form about what these soldiers did is akin to insulting all the innocent people who have lost their lives based on a george bush LIE.
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by proudly9ja(m): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2010
evilspirit:

if there are no innocent group then why do we have war crimes and its tribunal.war is not a license to kill anybody.there are rules of engagement.killing children women and journalist and unarmed civilian is not allowed.
Its exactly ecause there are no innicent groups that we have war crimes tribunals. And I agree, war is not a license to kill anybody. But in war, you do everything you can to win. It sounds harsh but its the truth and EVERY country involved in war is doing it, yes we have caught the Americans on tape so they should face the consequencies but as objective minds, we shouldn't base our conclusions on that evidence alone.

Il give an example, Charles Taylor is currently facing the tribunal. Il ask, was he the only one who committed war crimes? Go and talk to the average Liberian on the street and ask them what they think of Nigerian soldiers and listen to their response. Just be careful not to tell them you are a Nigerian grin grin Go to Sierra Leone and ask same question.
But in the end, the UN/US and other world leaders will praise Nigeria for her 'peace keeping' roles in African countries but does it make usinnocent of these crimes?
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by proudly9ja(m): 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Dear proudly9ja,
, My brother the problem we all have is that America champions these laws around the world. Please giving any excuse whatsoever in any way shape or form about what these soldiers did is akin to insulting all the innocent people who have lost their lives based on a george bush LIE.
But I have not in anyway given any excuse. The first statement I made totally condemned this innocent killings and I still stand by it. The people involved should be made to face the consequences.

All my talk was based on people who said because of what American soldiers did, they would support N.Korea and Iran's plan to build WMD. And I said, we should be objective. Our judgement should not be based on this. If we make such conclusions over every video we see, then there would be no world to live in today. I'm glad you mentioned the rules of engagement here. I suggest you go through this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10637526) and note how many 'seemingly' unarmed soldiers were killed in same Iraq.
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by evilspirit: 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2010
proudly9ja:

Go and talk to the average Liberian on the street and ask them what they think of Nigerian soldiers and listen to their response. Just be careful not to tell them you are a Nigerian grin grin Go to Sierra Leone and ask same question.

they didnt kill innocent people like this
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by proudly9ja(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2010
evilspirit:

they didnt kill innocent people like this
Let's not argue on this. I have already agreed that we all have our opinions.
War is a crazy game. Forget all the rules of engagement stuff. One is only a criminal if he is caught. Every party in a war does EVERYTHING to win. There's no such thing as a 'fair' war. That's my bottom line.
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by Tcrack(m): 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2010
@proudly9ja.
you said the Iraqis are in support of the war. Where did you get that information from? CNN?
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by proudly9ja(m): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2010
Tcrack:

@proudly9ja.
you said the Iraqis are in support of the war. Where did you get that information from? CNN?
Iraqis are not in support of war. Noone is in support of war but
Please correct me if Im wrong. There is an elected government and National parliament in Iraq? yes? And the war going on isn't between the US government and Iraqi government is it?
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by TippyTop(m): 12:05am On Dec 13, 2010
proudly9ja:

Please correct me if Im wrong. There is an elected government and National parliament in Iraq? yes? And the war going on isn't between the US government and Iraqi government is it?

Nigeria can invade Togo tomorrow and leave a surrugate leader at the helm to do Nigeria's bidding yes or no? Anyway most of your arguements are so amateurish that it does not require an answer.
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by Tcrack(m): 1:34am On Dec 13, 2010
proudly9ja:

who elected the govenment?
Re: Collateral Murder :: Wikileaks :: Usa - Iraq (video) by maddock(m): 1:01am On Dec 14, 2010
To be sincere America has pretty messed up so many countries in this world. They come in and force you to do their biddings,if you don't they frame u up for one terrible offence and kapish you would have instability on your hands. Even though the Iran and North korea dudes seem like mad men but to be honest America is no better than them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Balogun Barrister Is Dead! / Untold Story Of Lagos’ Unending Gang War / Another 536 Nigerians Evacuated From Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.