Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,118 members, 7,916,275 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:17 PM

Government's Comments About Boko Haram (last Kicks Of A Dying Horse - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Government's Comments About Boko Haram (last Kicks Of A Dying Horse (302 Views)

"DEATH BEFORE DYING" (last Suicide Note) / "MALEFICENT (for A Friend Dying Of HIV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Government's Comments About Boko Haram (last Kicks Of A Dying Horse by olatunyemi(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
*Last kicks of a dying horse*

On a winter break- a day of reckoning in college where report card brought tears to dull students like sinners cast to hell
I was the 13th best in the class albeit the normal first from the caudal end
Since I arrayed my short chubby waist in school short
It was a victory for mum against the noisy neighbors who akined my schooling to using razor to fell a tree
And to the witches believed to have fried my destiny like a cow cheese
Mum went over moon and dad emptied his treasury to buy a big cock and thanks my intestinal worms
For sacrificing portions of their foods for my brain to think more

I have clapped hands to kill flies and used slippers to send roaches to hell but never hold a knife except to kill yams
But dad said I slaughter the cock and be a man who could face the world with a rocky-gymed chest and lemon face
I slaughtered the cock and splattered his blood like a dog to Ogun worshippers at the village shrine
Alas, it was ill-slaughtered and he hung his neck above death with a hairline strength
And his last kicks rekindled him to pick my skin and ran away against the angel of death with knife
While I stood frightened by the Jesus that just resurrected
He outran death and left his blood traces to smile in mockery of the failed mangle thus
We ate the party rice and munched the biggest meat our brains could imagined as I failed again proving my village witches wrong

I heard those who we toiled in hot sun to vote saying that bandit and kidnappers latest slicing of throats and maiming the innocents are just the last kicks of a
Dying horse, maybe the government of the most populous black nation has not heard of the last kicks of my dying cocks that got stronger to revitalize him and
Fiercely picked my skin

2 Likes

Re: Government's Comments About Boko Haram (last Kicks Of A Dying Horse by elfico(m): 12:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Love the imagery and how it relates to issues at hand.
Re: Government's Comments About Boko Haram (last Kicks Of A Dying Horse by olatunyemi(m): 6:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
elfico:
Love the imagery and how it relates to issues at hand.
Thanks a lot bro

(1) (Reply)

Can I?? / Beauty / Easter With House Spinster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.