Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,372 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:46 AM

Neymar Pays Tribute To Kobe Bryant In Goal Celebration - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Neymar Pays Tribute To Kobe Bryant In Goal Celebration (222 Views)

Vanessa Bryant: 5 Things You May Not Know About Kobe Bryant's Wife / The Actual Footage Of Kobe Bryant's Helicopter Crash(horrifying) / Washington Post Journalist Suspended After Tweeting Kobe Bryant’s Rape Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Pays Tribute To Kobe Bryant In Goal Celebration by Officialhorlah(m): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2020
The Brazil international fired PSG to victory against
Lille and paid his respects to the LA Lakers icon Neymar paid tribute to NBA legend Kobe Bryant as
he celebrated his second goal for Paris Saint- Germain against Lille on Sunday. Bryant, 41, was killed alongside at least four other
people when his helicopter crashed in California on
Sunday morning. Football players and clubs from all over the world
expressed their grief following the news of the five-time NBA champion's
passing and Neymar followed up by paying his
respects on the field.

The 27-year-old opened the scoring for the Ligue 1 champions with a fine strike 28 minutes into the
match at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy. Then early in the second half, Lille were penalised
for a hand ball from left-back Reinildo Mandava and
Neymar stepped up to take it
After converting the spot-kick, the attacker held up
two and four fingers on his hands to signalling
Bryant's jersey number, 24, and then clasped his
hands together in a praying gesture before
pointing to the sky. "I went to see the messages on social media at half-
time, I saw that Kobe is dead. It is a great sadness
for the world of sport, and for all of us. Not just for
basketball fans, but also for everything he did for
the sport," Neymar told Canal Plus when asked
about Bryant after the game. "I knew him and I did this celebration to pay tribute
to him. And I hope he will rest in peace." PSG won the encounter 2-0, stretching their lead at
the top of the table to 10 points. Neymar, who has now scored nine goals in his last
seven Ligue 1 games, was delighted with the result
and his current form. "I am very happy, very happy to help the team play
this way," he added. "On the field, I know what to
do. I'm 100 per cent and I'm focused on PSG this
season and I think we're going to do great things. I
am in my best shape." Neymar has now scored 13 goals in 16 games in all
competitions this season.

(1) (Reply)

All Victims Of Helicopter Crash Involving Kobe Identified / Ongoing Admissions-royal Orchard College GRA Enugu Nigeria-foxxymobile / Cryptocurrency Scammers Duped Victims Of $4.3 Billion Last Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.