Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,309 members, 7,887,910 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

A Sleeping Partner - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Sleeping Partner (176 Views)

Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Woman / "Prophet Onovwiona Emmanuel Is Sleeping With My Wife" - Smart Ojeski / "Man Gets Pregnant After Sleeping With His Master's Wife" - Prophet SEER 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Sleeping Partner by toyinaremu(f): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2020
Sleep is good but worse is when it becomes too much. Worst still is when you have a partner who sleeps when you need them to be active.

It's awesome that you are so fervent in the things of God, and you are growing spiritually but how is your spouse too, is he or she growing or sleeping?

Whenever I question people and ask what type of marriage partner they want, now this is a question I ask both believers, 'so called believers' and unbelievers; I almost hear the same answer which is: 'I want a man/woman that loves and fears God'.

It is not bad to desire such knowing fully well that only God in your spouse will make a good marriage, I mean a good marriage, not a good wedding, please take note.

Everyone desires a fire brand and a good person, but the question is are you also fervent or you are sleeping?

When there's a fire outbreak, fire fighters usually use solvents to put off the fire in no time. If you want an active and alive spouse, you must also be awake, else you will be the water that will kill their fire. This is why fire-brands should beware of fire extinguishers.

You have to settle your relationship with God first like I do say and then He will settle you in marriage. God does not give one of His own to just anybody. The first thing anyone needs is God and not a relationship.

If you think his or her faith will always carry you and the family while you are the fire extinguisher, permit me to wake you up and inform you that you've been sleeping for too long.

A sleeping partner has no purpose, finds spiritual exercises boring and difficult, and has little or no interest in the things of God. A sleeping partner is never an asset but a liability and drags the home backward.

A sleeping partner is many times adamant to correction and has no mentor. Hear me, if you need your home to be up and doing, you both need to be awake spiritually.

Do you want to be a wise woman?

Before you can become one according to Prov. 14:1, you must have been a Prov. 31:30 woman who fears God. You can only fear God when you commune with Him in His words, prayer and obedience, and not when you are dormant in spiritual things.

If your spouse is sleeping, it is time to wake him or her up. Check yourself dear Christian brothers and sisters waiting for a spouse, are you a sleeping Christian?

To get an active spouse, you have to be genuinely active too.

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." (Proverbs 27:17 KJV)

"Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light." (Ephesians 5:14 KJV)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drama As United States Denies Bishop Oyedepo Visa / Adeboye Protests Against Insecurity And Killings In Nigeria / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You Are Flying Over Barrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.