Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,390 members, 7,950,831 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks (3163 Views)

Buhari Responds To #babawhileyouweregone / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by sandra123: 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2010
Wikileaks is the new travesty that international diplomacy has to deal with; Nigeria is no exception.

The point to be made is that the accounts of meetings between President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and US diplomats are essentially third party narratives, and are largely inaccurate.

The President, in those tempestuous days during which the nation tottered on the brink, held meetings, and then more meetings, with
different groups, the diplomatic community inclusive.

The President met with different diplomats and special envoys who offered different suggestions on a way out of the impasse that our
late leader's health had imposed on the nation. We note that this account is largely silent on these suggestions.

Instead, what is served up is an unfair account severely impacted by selective perception and individual expectations. For instance, how can it be said that a man who had been a Deputy Governor, an Acting Governor, a governor, a Vice President, and then Acting President could have described himself as “lacking in administrative experience”. That the President holds a Ph.D, was a lecturer for 10
years, and was an Assistant Director at the defunct Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission, do not make the statement less rankling.

This only goes to show that the report itself is a souped up version of the standard conversation that takes place in such meetings. We find this account as wholly unfortunate, and we are only employing the best of diplomatic finesse in that statement!

Ima Niboro
Special Adviser to the President,
Media and Publicity
9th December, 2010

http://www.spotlightnigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=216:wikileaks-release-is-inaccurate&catid=34:politics&Itemid=55
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by martyns303(m): 12:06am On Dec 10, 2010
of all the stuffs wiki leaked, this is the only response coming out Aso rosk?
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by shotster50(m): 1:30am On Dec 10, 2010
Why wont this people like shut up already, defending the undefendable smh
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by oge4real(f): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2010
That means that every other issue leaked is to be taken seriously since this is the only thing have come out to deny.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by lynxnoon(m): 11:44am On Dec 10, 2010
bunch of idiots in dat aso rock!! angry angry
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by mrofficial(m): 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2010
Hehehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by favouredjb(f): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
I thought there were more pressing issues?so they can only pick on this.this niboro can fall my hand embarassed
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by babalawo(m): 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
Idiots!!!!!!!

Mrs Clinton has been moving around trying to manage the effects of any posiible diplomatic break down resulting from these leaks

Imaniboro wake up maybe u thiink Nigerians still  wake up and watch NTA alone!!!!-We don move. U better move along.

On this one U no try.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by ollykay(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
Conscience is an open wound only truth can set it free, The aforementioned alleged distinguished personalities are been hunted by their conscience, why not keep quiet and let your past speak for you, why not admit the truth in respect for the rule of law.

National Assembly why not pass the Freedom of Speech Bill, we too have alot to reveal!
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Tcrack(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2010
m:

For instance, how can it be said that a man who had been a Deputy Governor, an Acting Governor, a governor, a Vice President, and then Acting President could have described himself as “lacking in administrative experience”. That the President holds a Ph.D, was a lecturer for 10
years, and was an Assistant Director at the defunct Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission

I want to believe GEJ was quoted out of context because i dont see how anyone with the above qualifications can be considered as "inexperienced"
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by yeswecan(m): 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2010
"I Lack Administrative Experience," that got Jonathan written all over it. . and i do not think it was taking out of context. Why is Jonathan answerable to US Ambassador? If i am not mistaken the Ambassador is here to promote America's interest - i doubt if Obama knows Nigeria Ambassador's name. . This is my point " How can Jonathan be Intimidated to that extent? what sort of respect can he command in the face of Americans. . . This is a shame on the poar.

My real issue is the revealed Shell's grip on our government . . I expect Jonathan to address that . . we cannot pay deaf ears because we heard them.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by MaiSuya(m): 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2010
I thot it was political, and not administrative experience, that he was talking about
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by bababuff(m): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
It is obvious that GEJ lacks administrative experience, this is too glaring for everybody to see.

PhD in what?  bull-crap? angry
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by cjfavour(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
SOMEBODY PLS TELL IMA NIBORO TO SHUR UP. WE KNOW BETTER.IF NOT FOR THE POLITICS OF DO OR DIE THIS WILL NOT BE HAPPENING. GEJ DOES NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PRESIDENT PERIOD.
DANJUMA DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIS MONEY, WE KNOW WHY AND HOW HE GOT THE MONEY. NIBORO SHOULD NOT BRING BACK THE POLITICS OF LYING BACK TO 9JA,ITS GONE WITH OBJ AND FEMI FANI KAYODE.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by ollykay(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
Its high time GEJ command fame out of shame, if truly he said it, fine and good, the fact that he lack Nigerian political experience stand him out, the experience to Abuse, Bride, Criticise, Demolish, Entice, Fool, Gossip, Hide, Indite, Jilt, Kill, Launder, Manipulate, Nail, Oppress, Prosecute, Query, Rig, Siphon, Thief, Undermine, Violate, Wallop, X (Borrow me one grammer), Yell, Zip, experience ranging from A-z of wuruwuru politics, my GEJ do not and will not have all this, so wikileak is right.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by wolboy: 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2010
It is a known but uncelebrated fact that Shell rules Nigeria. The facts came to light when Abacha butchered hundreds with Nigerian soldiers bombarding Niger Delta during his reign on the orders of Shell Oil company. To follow up the event, Ken Saro Wiwa was killed by hanging just to bully the Deltans so they can get scared and give way to Shell exploration and exploitation. All at the expense of the destiny of our nation. The world now knows who rules Nigeria. Now Nigerians must find a way to break Shell's rule of blood spill. We are making progress as the infos have opened our eyes the more. Thank you Wikileaks!

Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Fynist(m): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
When i read on 1 of wikileaks mirror sites that shell has got spies planted in every ministry of our Government that shocked me to my bones.And were even braggin abt it.The evil that shell has commited in this country is unbelievable.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Mobinga: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
@OP Next time don't use "NIGERIA" It generalises us and makes us look like a bunch of horrid morons.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by deols(f): 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
unfortunate embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
Mobinga:

@OP Next time don't use "NIGERIA" It generalises us and makes us look like a bunch of horrid morons.

news flash . . . the president represents Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 11, 2010
I sit here and laugh 'cus peole's eyes are now opening gradually.

GEJ is as bad and deceitful like the Abacha,Obasanjo, Babangida's we all know.

Why trying too desperate to proof to Nigerians the mr jonathan doesnt lack administrative skills? So we can vote for him in 2011 right? I will rather not vote! He should make changes in the power ministry he is heading first ( then Nigeria as a whole).
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 11, 2010
I sit here and laugh 'cus peole's eyes are now opening gradually.

GEJ is as bad and deceitful like the Abacha,Obasanjo, Babangida's we all know

Why trying too desperate to proof to Nigerians the mr jonathan doesnt lack administrative skills? So we can vote for him in 2011 right? I will rather not vote! He should make changes in the power ministry he is heading first ( then Nigeria as a whole).
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Kobojunkie: 6:22am On Dec 11, 2010
Mai Suya:

I thot it was political, and not administrative experience, that he was talking about

How can? When he had about 8 years of political experience at the time he became VP. undecided
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Mobinga: 7:02am On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

news flash . . . the president represents Nigeria
And who doesn't know that? Perhaps you weren't meticulous enough to see this . . . . .

Ima Niboro
Special Adviser to the President,
Media and Publicity
9th December, 2010
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2010
Even d blinds can see that our president is naive  both in politics and administrative capacity. He is slow in learning, having spent years in as a DG IN OMPADEC, D.GOVERNOR, GOVERNOR, VP, AP & NOW PRESIDENT YET He still behave and act like a house boy who inherited wealth from his late master. With his accademic background and exposure in goverment, i  expected so much frm him but the guy is empty. So much deciet  which some of us mistake for humility. He is an intigral part of the currupt few group milking nigeria dry. U can imagine d reveletions which d dumb ima niboro is strugling to denie.  Since they claimed that the reports from wikileaks is a souped version but he ima niboro failed to tell us d unsouped version. Those of u who tried to project d report as an act of heroism on d part of mr president will nw ve a rethink abt ur views because ur guy is disassociating himslf frm d report which u guys were appreciative of d report.  Gej is an unstable guy, is he still scared of turia evn nw that he is d president?  Is it nt a known fact dat a few guys were d ones running d country whl yaradua was brain dead in saudi arabia? Its because of his unserious nature dats y a few guys took over from yaradua whl he was a house boy in aso rock as a VP to d extent dat he has to report his frustrations to an ambassardor of another country seeking for help. Nw he is forming dat he's got balls nw, but ve 4gotten he did nothing during yaraduas saga to prove he's got balls as the then VP. I believe d report from wiki intoto and theirs no need for the denial because we all saw what happened then.  Ima niboro is nw d minister for information distortions, he thinks he is smart whenever he makes a fool of himself and d presidency. This is what u get when u dash people things they nvr asked for, they wount knw d value. Hard Obj nt narrowed d political space, there is no way this clowns yaradua/ Gje wld ve found themslvs in such a sensitive position which shld be meant for only competent personalities without ethnic considerations
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by BetaThings: 5:54am On Dec 13, 2010
Tcrack:

I want to believe  GEJ was quoted out of context because i dont see how anyone with the above qualifications can be considered as "inexperienced"
You think Robin Sanders is careless! Even Johnathan would concede that she is not a fool and is even more experienced than him

Sanders received her Bachelor of Arts from Hampton University and her Master of Arts in international relations and Africa studies and Masters of Science in communications and journalism from Ohio University and her [b]Doctor of Science (D.Sc) [/b]in Information Systems and Communications from Robert Morris University.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/biog/99592.htm
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Ymodulus: 6:45am On Dec 13, 2010
Mr Jonathan should not and never be quoted out of context,
on an interview granted by daily trust to an human right lawyer On saturday, this lawyer said that statement is absolutely true considering the fact that Jonathan never campaigned or struggled for any post he only clinched them by his so called luck,
just imagine from his home to the Vice governor, from that to Governor, from Governor to Vice president from vice president to President, all this was not a single campaign its just by his so-called witch craft luck, so pls dont consider Jonathan statement to be mere but take it serious, Those cables released by Wikileaks are 100% true, this is why that f¤¤king United is doing all to there possible best to stop the release of more documents, well i just pity Nigerian Government because reports so far says out of almost 4000 cables on Nigeria only a few Tens has be released.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Kobojunkie: 6:49am On Dec 13, 2010
^^^ Have you even spent a minute of your time reading any of the cables? If anything, most of what is contained in majority of the cables have little to do with US Operations itself but contains more on the dealings of, and in, other countries including your Nigeria.

If you state that you believe the content of the Cable is 100% correct, then you, my friend, have just called your own Jonathan a liar since he denied what you claim to be correct in the particular Cable.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by BetaThings: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Have you even spent a minute of your time reading any of the cables? If anything, most of what is contained in majority of the cables have little to do with US Operations itself but contains more on the dealings of, and in, other countries including your Nigeria.

If you state that you believe the content of the Cable is 100% correct, then you, my friend, have just called your own Jonathan a liar since he denied what you claim to be correct in the particular Cable.
The point is that Johnathan has to either disown the statements in its entirety or accept all of it. The bit about his appearing genuinely concerned about free and fair elections, is it true or was he misunderstood?

BTW with his long political experience, he would also have learnt how to lie. No be so?
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by Kobojunkie: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2010
I haven’t really figured Goodluck Jonathan out. All I know is that he rode the horse provided him by the corrupt, and the inept, to get to where he is today, and he has not really made so much of an effort to show he is any different from the other wolves in his pack(PDP).

What I do think is he may have been on the free ride for way too long because he doesn’t seem to know how to be a politician, tell a good lie or spin one on the people. It’s almost as if he does not try hard enough - he seems so easy to figure out and one would need to be blind, and in serious denial, not to notice.
Re: Nigeria Responds To Wikileaks by BetaThings: 12:12am On Dec 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I haven’t really figured Goodluck Jonathan out. All I know is that he rode the horse provided him by the corrupt, and the inept, to get to where he is today, and he has not really made so much of an effort to show he is any different from the other wolves in his pack(PDP).

What I do think is he may have been on the free ride for way too long because he doesn’t seem to know how to be a politician, tell a good lie or spin one on the people. It’s almost as if he does not try hard enough - he seems so easy to figure out and one would need to be blind, and in serious denial, not to notice.

Quite right. But I am not an intellectual type. I therefore use simple rules. ALL Nigerian politicians are corrupt. The worst of the lot are in PDP due to being in power for TOOOO long. So any PDP man is a no-no. Of course I look at the company the person keeps. We need a new party that can give us some honeymoon before hubris take over. BTW, PDP people are likely to rush to any power that takes power from PDP. Being out of power is like being out of oxygen to our politicians

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Funeral Online. / China CCECC To Build Cement Plants, Malls, Hotels, Port, Houses In Nigeria / Patience Jonathan's Mother Dies In Car Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.