Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,988 members, 7,949,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

The Importance Of Reading - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Importance Of Reading (253 Views)

Know The Few Importance Of Sex In A Marriage / Order Of Importance Of The Women In A Man's Life / How I Felt Reading Messages Between My Husband And His Mistress - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Importance Of Reading by marielou(f): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends, they are the most accessible and wisest of all counselors and the most patient of teachers. Charles W. Elio
What we see around today is saddening, children, teenager’s, young adults are unable to express themselves properly in English and have no desire to read. Most schools have no library. Parents who are supposed to inculcate the habit of reading into their children are busy pursuing money.

Children are left to themselves and television. The only time you see children with books at home is when they have home work, television and phones preoccupies them all day. Only three things captivates them listening to music watching cartoons , films, or playing video games not educative films but sex,violence and criminal films. The film hero is a criminal with lots of money, the minds of our children are not positively challenged again. In my growing up days we even wrote essay on the films we went watching on Thursdays.
Re: The Importance Of Reading by budaatum: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
I wonder if I can disagree with you.

https://www.nairaland.com/5375264/dont-date-man-reads

(1) (Reply)

It's Not A Perfect World, Unfortunately / Get Rid Of Bedbugs Permanently!!! / Herbalist With 58 Wives Cry Out After Wives Insult Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.