Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,375 members, 7,978,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:29 PM

I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari (4234 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / I Will Congratulate Winner If I Lose – Okorocha / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by oderemo(m): 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^,beefy,
is that all you can offer?
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by murtalaa(m): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf:

I laugh in Buhari! grin

During Shagari's rule, a senate committee (headed by Olusola Saraki) traced our missing $2.8billa NNPC money to Buhari's London Midland bank account. He got the reporter (Vera Ifudu) who read out the facts on NTA sacked (she later sued, won the case and got compensation.

Buhari simply hasn't been "caught", because of soldiers penchant for burning down whole buildings, staging coups etc just to get rid of evidence. Buhari is most likely struggling for democratic power now to get rid of the last traces of incriminating evidence against him (since the coup route don block wella).

If no be to cover evidence, den e mean say Buhari loot don finis and e wan com chop. grin

trust nigerians! they can go to any length, spurn any yarns.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by engrking: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
go and seat down mister man.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Mehiedu(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
political talk
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by webplay: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
DRAMA grin grin grin
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by hackney(m): 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2010
BUHARI ; go to court if you lose sir; its your father's property.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
[YAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnn] Who cares who gets to be president. it aint like anything is going to change naround here. cool
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by sshalom(m): 9:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
At least, Buhari is better than some of our modern day democrats!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2010
[quote author=sshalom
At least, Buhari is better than some of our modern day democrats!

Na lie oo i wonder how us (east)will survive if he wins.God in ur hands we deyooo.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by 3kay945(m): 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
i have been considering buhari, i think he is the better than GEJ, mr GEJ said i should judge him according to what he is able to do. but when i look around, i see nothing he has done. i have lost hope in him. i want pragmatic leader.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by jenuel: 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2010
Buhari has not learnt his lessons after all these years. He truncated our nascent democracy and rode to power through the gun. Himself and IBB will NEVER rule this country again. They should rest and enjoy their ill gotten wealth.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 11, 2010
3kay945:

i have been considering buhari, i think he is the better than GEJ, mr GEJ said i should judge him according to what he is able to do. but when i look around, i see nothing he has done. i have lost hope in him. i want pragmatic leader.
And you think BUHARI will do well!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by nzeduka: 6:36am On Dec 11, 2010
I WILL NOT GO TO COURT IF I LOSE, SAYS BUHARI. smiley
HE HAVE NOTHING TO GIVE NIGERIA , BUT HE IS GOOD
MORE THAN THOSE DEVIL LIKE IBB,OBJ, ATIKU,OJI UZOKALU,
BUT FOR NOW LESS SEE WHAT GOODLUCK HAVE FOR USE.
OR IF HE WANT US TO KNOW HIM AS ONE OF THE EVIL MEN. cheesy
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:47am On Dec 11, 2010
My honest, unbiased opinion:

Buhari might not be the man for the job.

I think the guy has a short fuse, and, even with the best of intentions,
you need a lot of patience to run a country like ours.

He ruled by decree as a soldier, and I believe he may not expect the democratic
process to be much different, and may not like to liaise well with the lawmakers,
and even the courts.

He seems to me to be the kind of man who will flaunt court orders simply because
he feels he is right about a matter. While OBJ was not so different, at least he showed
some tact sometimes,

Buhari as president might only give us ''democratic despotism'', if there ever was such a thing,
where the legislators and judiciary will simply become flabby windbags, while the executive
does as it pleases.

My honest, unbiased opinion. cool
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Shoolar(m): 8:48am On Dec 11, 2010
Na lie!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by QualityShare: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2010
Buhari has no chance :-D
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by osy77(m): 9:55am On Dec 11, 2010
buhari all d way grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by marvix(m): 10:09am On Dec 11, 2010
Beaf:

I laugh in Buhari! grin

During Shagari's rule, a senate committee (headed by Olusola Saraki) traced our missing $2.8billa NNPC money to Buhari's London Midland bank account. He got the reporter (Vera Ifudu) who read out the facts on NTA sacked (she later sued, won the case and got compensation.

Buhari simply hasn't been "caught", because of soldiers penchant for burning down whole buildings, staging coups etc just to get rid of evidence. Buhari is most likely struggling for democratic power now to get rid of the last traces of incriminating evidence against him (since the coup route don block wella).

If no be to cover evidence, den e mean say Buhari loot don finis and e wan com chop. grin

Beaf we are on the same side, but we dont have to paint Buhari bad to achieve our goal.

Buhari stands out as one of the few good leaders of our country in the past, his administration as a military man was better than Objs as a democratic leader.

Buhari is a good choice but the truth is that we need fresh air it is time to say goodbye to our past, Buhari and IBB represents our distant past we must put them behind us, forgive their mistakes highlight their achievemnts if any and listen to their advice when called to the council of state meetings, while Atiku represents our immediate past and I say we kiss that immediate past goodbye learn from his mistakes that you dont fight your boss when you are not principle, Jonathan is the present and is the present that can lead us to the future we crave for, he may not be the best man for the job in a country of a 100million people but definitely not all 100million people are contesting, he may not be the best among the pack that have declared their interest but he is the one with the brightest chance to help us say goodbye to our past, he is working hard at his job eventhough we may not yet see the improvements we want to see, but if we have found ourselves here because of a continuos degradation of our leadership that spawned 25yrs, then we dont expect anyone to perform a miracle in one year, if we have started taking fuel in the fuel stations for granted and know that once a court pronounces judgement it is final, if we can now report issues to the president directly on facebook whether he replies or not is an improvement surely he cant say he didnot hear us, if we all can look forward to an election with hope that it would be fair if not totally free I believe it is an improvement incase we forgot the run up to the 2007 elections we had no such confidence or expectation but today we look forward to it, if we have a president who welcomes govs from other parties after his party gov has been sacked these are little improvements but we must not lose sight of them.

For my friends clamouring for Ribadu, they should learn from our history, Nzeogwu should not have planned a coup at the time he did, he was a young radical man who wanted his country to change for the better instantly, Buhari was a young man with passion for his country when he sacked the politicians but that was definitely not his time, Ribadu belongs to the future that Jonathan is taking us to and when Buhari is ripe and ready to run for president a Sanusi lamido can give him a run for it, that would still be the time a Fashola and Oshiomole will also be contesting at that time more young vibrant men with passion and integrity would be running and all the old cargoes and their hanger on would naturally retire because Nigerians would have moved on.

In this present tense I give my unalloyed support to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for the 2011 presidential election and note Goodluck has my vote note tha Goodluck has my vote but not PDP!!!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Judeylive(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2010
Dude obviously know he can't win the election, both credible one and incredible one, my problem is: why waste money, time, and energy? Spend some time with your children mallam.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by BetaThings: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2010
Jeezuzpick:

My honest, unbiased opinion:

Buhari might not be the man for the job.

I think the guy has a short fuse, and, even with the best of intentions,
you need a lot of patience to run a country like ours.
Please provide evidence of his short fuse. Do you remember a man called Obj? The man patiently went to court and lost 4/3 at the supreme court to a sitting president? What more patience do you want?

BTW if you really want to be unbiased, you should have mentioned that in 2007, Buhari after the elections said that he WOULD NOT go to court
His party ANPP insisted that he should contest Yaradua's victory. He did. Meanwhile the ANPP people were negotiating Unity Govt (you know what that means) with Yaradua. The court thing was just to put pressure on Yaradua. As soon as Yaradua conceded some ministerial and board positions to ANPP, they asked Buhari to withdraw the court case. Note that ANPP chairman and a few officials shared these positions.
I believe that Buhari at this point was right in standing his ground. What happened to the reason they gave to persuade him to go to court? Has anything changed

Jeezuzpick:

He ruled by decree as a soldier, and I believe he may not expect the democratic
process to be much different, and may not like to liaise well with the lawmakers,
and even the courts.

He seems to me to be the kind of man who will flaunt court orders simply because
he feels he is right about a matter. While OBJ was not so different, at least he showed
some tact sometimes,

Buhari as president might only give us ''democratic despotism'', if there ever was such a thing,
where the legislators and judiciary will simply become flabby windbags, while the executive
does as it pleases.

My honest, unbiased opinion. cool

Every military ruler rules by decree. Obj, Murtala, Gowon, Abdusalaami (the gentleman as acknowledged in wikileaks cable) all ruled by decree. Musharaf came in as a soldier and became a civilian president in Pakistan. He is rated better by the international community than the current all-civilian president. McCain was in the military. He has been a senator in the US for as long as I can remember and was a presidential candidate against Obama. Eisenhower was supreme allied commander during WWII. He later became 2-term US president.
Coming back home, Marwa was a military governor of Lagos State but compare him to Gbenga Daniel in terms of civility. Even Brig-Gen David Mark (Rtd) is more civil in his approach as senate president than the all-civilian Bankole

This person has obeyed court orders; did El-Rufai obey court orders?
You can vote for whoever you want. But let us not be more corrupt than the politicians by misrepresenting facts
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by BetaThings: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2010
marvix:

Beaf we are on the same side, but we dont have to paint Buhari bad to achieve our goal.

Buhari stands out as one of the few good leaders of our country in the past, his administration as a military man was better than Objs as a democratic leader.

Buhari is a good choice but the truth is that we need fresh air it is time to say goodbye to our past, Buhari and IBB represents our distant past we must put them behind us, forgive their mistakes highlight their achievemnts if any and listen to their advice when called to the council of state meetings, while Atiku represents our immediate past and I say we kiss that immediate past goodbye learn from his mistakes that you dont fight your boss when you are not principle, Jonathan is the present and is the present that can lead us to the future we crave for, he may not be the best man for the job in a country of a 100million people but definitely not all 100million people are contesting, he may not be the best among the pack that have declared their interest but he is the one with the brightest chance to help us say goodbye to our past, he is working hard at his job eventhough we may not yet see the improvements we want to see, but if we have found ourselves here because of a continuos degradation of our leadership that spawned 25yrs, then we dont expect anyone to perform a miracle in one year, if we have started taking fuel in the fuel stations for granted and know that once a court pronounces judgement it is final, if we can now report issues to the president directly on facebook whether he replies or not is an improvement surely he cant say he didnot hear us, if we all can look forward to an election with hope that it would be fair if not totally free I believe it is an improvement incase we forgot the run up to the 2007 elections we had no such confidence or expectation but today we look forward to it, if we have a president who welcomes govs from other parties after his party gov has been sacked these are little improvements but we must not lose sight of them.

For my friends clamouring for Ribadu, they should learn from our history, Nzeogwu should not have planned a coup at the time he did, he was a young radical man who wanted his country to change for the better instantly, Buhari was a young man with passion for his country when he sacked the politicians but that was definitely not his time, Ribadu belongs to the future that Jonathan is taking us to and when Buhari is ripe and ready to run for president a Sanusi lamido can give him a run for it, that would still be the time a Fashola and Oshiomole will also be contesting at that time more young vibrant men with passion and integrity would be running and all the old cargoes and their hanger on would naturally retire because Nigerians would have moved on.

In this present tense I give my unalloyed support to Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for the 2011 presidential election and note Goodluck has my vote note tha Goodluck has my vote but not PDP!!!
Here we go again
Please tell me how Johnathan, a man who has been living in peace and harmony within PDP for over 12 years, is fresh air
Johnathan has even held political office longer than Atiku
When we ask for Johnathan's achievements, I am told he has not been given an opportunity
If he has not been given an opportunity, where is the 12-year experience?
We are told that anybody above 60 is too old
Ribadu at 50 is not ready
But only a 53-year old Johnathan is ready

Before he denied the wikileaks report, Johnathan's supporters were saying we did not need experience, where has experience got us etc?
Now that he has denied, experience is good and we need it and Ribadu does not have it
There is something called honesty and sincerity afterall

BTW on fresh air
Johnathan is loyal to Patience who is really greedy
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5565603-146/patience_we_are_watching.csp

Is this original?
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5625266-146/commotion_at_independence_rice_distribution_venue.csp
http://www.transparencyng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2362:three-died-in-abuja-struggling-for-jonathans-wifes-rice-&catid=88:society&Itemid=151

Political Opportunism even in the face of a national tragedy
After Oct 1 bomb blast, NTA aired some fabricated text messages

The following text messages were retrieved from the mobile phones of suspected First October Bombers in Abuja:

"Have you collected the balance from DOKPESI?"

"Na we do am. Meet me make I brief you"

"Let us meet at IBB Campaign Office"
Source: NTA 9PM News on 4TH October 2010.

Who died in those bomb blasts - may we know their names. Fresh air indeed
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by marvix(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2010
@Beta things can Ribadu win an election for nigerias presidency free or not? Can he even play d politics to get the ACN ticket.

In politics it is beyond your popularity and ideals it is more abt how u can handle d good d bad nd d very ugly in the political atmosphere.

Ribadu belongs to a future where the president will not be as powerful as it is today.

If you want to talk abt Jonathans achievement just consider that the thot that u have dat dis election would be better than d 2007 elections is already an achievement for d young man, don't 4get dat Ribadu also served in d govt f d PDP as d helmsman of d anticorruption agency, was corruption totally wiped out??
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Tunsbobo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2010
The saying that the problem of Nigeria is Nigerians is absolutely correct! How would anyone who is sane and in his right senses want to Vote for Ex Dictators, master coupists and Evil Minded men like Atiku, Ibb or Buhari who have absolutely nothing positive to offer as per the development of our nation. Most of them only want to come to power because they want to have it, not because they in the interested in the development of our darling nation or the well being of Nigerians. If u are a Nigerian out there, and u wish Nigeria well; don't Vote for these pigs in human skin or you would continue suffering for the next 4 years or probably 8 years, and by that time you would have no right to complain 'cos you are the ones who voted them into power. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by BetaThings: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2010
marvix:

@Beta things can Ribadu win an election for nigerias presidency free or not? Can he even play d politics to get the ACN ticket.

In politics it is beyond your popularity and ideals it is more abt how u can handle d good d bad nd d very ugly in the political atmosphere.

Ribadu belongs to a future where the president will not be as powerful as it is today.

If you want to talk abt Jonathans achievement just consider that the thot that u have dat dis election would be better than d 2007 elections is already an achievement for d young man, don't 4get dat Ribadu also served in d govt f d PDP as d helmsman of d anticorruption agency, was corruption totally wiped out??
1. I don't trust PDP people
2. Johnathan DOES not really want a free and fair election. He told CNN that Iwu was not the problem. Carson now said, Iwu remained a problem. 2 weeks later Johnathan sacked Iwu. Google all of these. But wilileaks has now confirmed the story. But we knew before that Without US pressure, Johnathan would not have sacked Iwu.
3. What makes you think next year election would be better? And why do you attribute it to Iwu. Today the NASS is more powerful than before. Why? Is it because of Johnathan.
4. Johnathan is already juggling the schedule of primaries within his party to give him an advantage. Why would he do less when he meets the opposition and the stakes have become higher?
5. On Ribadu and the future, what is going to bring the future about?
6. Who are these supernatural Nigerians whose votes should count more than mine. You know that you are saying that Ribadu does not have enough of what you criticise IBB and Atiku for. And that indeed Johnathan has a lot of it too. Unless we are not in a democracy, popularity (rather than ability to scheme) is what counts.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by BetaThings: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2010
Tunsbobo:

The saying that the problem of Nigeria is Nigerians is absolutely correct! How would anyone who is sane and in his right senses want to Vote for Ex Dictators, master coupists and Evil Minded men like Atiku, Ibb or Buhari who have absolutely nothing positive to offer as per the development of our nation. Most of them only want to come to power because they want to have it, not because they in the interested in the development of our darling nation or the well being of Nigerians. If u are a Nigerian out there, and u wish Nigeria well; don't Vote for these pigs in human skin or you would continue suffering for the next 4 years or probably 8 years, and by that time you would have no right to complain 'cos you are the ones who voted them into power. A word is enough for the wise!
I don't think that Nigerians are accustomed, in the name of fighting for your darling country, to calling people pigs. That is not the culture of Nigerians. It is an affront to the Almighty who created all of us. I assume that everybody is in his right senses as a matter of course. If you are sure of your position, let us strip our arguments of tomfoolery and face hard facts and cold logic.
Tell me how you have been able to discern the intentions of these men
And please rate (objectively) all the contestants on these indices - sincerity, originality, performance, integrity
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by Yorubah(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2010
Of course you know you wont win and stop wasting your time.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by marvix(m): 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2010
@beta things do u honestly think that Ribadu can win a free and fair contest in Nigeria, even in the CAN he can't pick the presidential ticket, the 12yrs Jonathan served in d PDP and was able to rise 2 d post of president of Nigeria is the experience he has over Ribadu though they are in d same age group.

Ribadu has all along be a part of the PDP misrule even he is more complicit in d corruption problem than Jonathan, he headed the EFCC that allowed Obj nd his cronies who remained in his good books to get away with their actions, or did d haliburton and all other scandals not happen @ his watch in EFCC?

Jonathan is what we hav 4 now and he is gud enuf with a bright chance 2 make d votes count.

Any vote against Jonathan would not bring in the future who I c as Ribadu but will take us back 2 d past which I c in either Atiku or IBB or Buhari, for ur info Ribadu is a non starter!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by mrblack: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2010
PROBLEM WITH NIGERIANS IS THAT WHEN IT COMES TO HONESTY THEY DONT WANT AND START CALLING THE INNOCENT MAN ALL KIND OF NAMES,
GROW UP AND GET A NEW LIFE BRODAS, BUHARI IS NOT CORRUPT AND NEVER CAUGHT WITH LOOTING NIGERIAN TREASURY,
WHY NOT WE INSTEAD VOTE FOR FREE AND FAIR ELECTION AND SEE WHO WINS,
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by jerryben12: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2010
Common now! This man could not even the mass transit program and he wants to come back and manage Nigeria?
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by hbrednic: 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2010
who cares if you go to court or not,
only a fool will stumble on the the same stone three times cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mr buhari, go and play with your grand kids,they need your attention and they rightly deserves it.
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by hakanai(m): 1:09am On Dec 13, 2010
I think you will not need the courts again.for me and i know some others out there,we would make our votes truly count. :oBUHARI you got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Will Not Go To Court If I Lose, Says Buhari by aljharem(m): 1:15am On Dec 13, 2010
haka_nai:

I think you will not need the courts again.for me and i know some others out there,we would make our votes truly count. :oBUHARI you got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbammm

buhari for 2011 AMIN cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Is Not Our Problem, Corruption Is / Standard Organization Of Nigeria- Enugu Zonal Office- Pictures / Sir Mr. President GEJ, Its Time To Shelve Your 2015 Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.