Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,002 members, 7,946,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 05:01 PM

[video] Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Arrives Radio Station In Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / [video] Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Arrives Radio Station In Lagos (201 Views)

Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Visits Lagos Studio And Meets With Asa / Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[video] Angelique Kidjo Speaks Yoruba As She Arrives Radio Station In Lagos by GistCandy(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
Beninese singer, Angelique Kidjo visited Smooth FM radio station in Lagos, Nigeria on Wednesday, 29th January for an interview.

A video from LIB captures the moment the Grammy winner could be heard greeting the staff at the studio in Yoruba language.

Nigerian singer, Asa, who was also present at the studio, cheerfully hugged Kidjo and Angelique complemented her footwear.

However, The veteran Beninese singer revealed that for the first time she will be performing live in the Western part of Nigeria.

Her words:

“This is my first time in Lagos… My first time playing in Lagos. The last time I was here was in ’93. I left here at 13 years old” she said.

Furthermore, she claimed her father was “too afraid” of her mum bringing her here as a child because he feared she won’t want to go back to resume school.

See video: https://gistcandy.com/video-angelique-kidjo-speaks-yoruba-as-she-arrives-radio-station-in-lagos/

(1) (Reply)

You Are A Fool If You Kneel To Propose To A Woman - Pete Edochie / Benin Based Cleric Brings Succour To IDPs On His 85th Birthday Celebration / Whatsapp Releases Dark Mode For Android And Ios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.