Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,955 members, 7,946,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:20 PM

What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier (948 Views)

Man Climbs Tree, Says He Will Not Come Down Until A New Government Is Sworn In / APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government / Uk Refused Entry Visa To Cpc National Chairman, Prince Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by br222: 12:12am On May 31, 2007
Does anyone out there know what the UK visa rejection rate is?

My cousin has just being refused and I was wondering if the rate is high enough for our new government to do something about it, sometimes the reasons for refusal amounts to prejudice and malice, and infact thing it's a warfare tool!

The more people get refused the more people want it, the more money in the UK coffers, the more we who apply have less

On the spiritual side, the more they can keep us apart the less we are able to achieve in the west, e.g. getting anyone from home to support you domestically is so hard and if they can succeed in making it impossible, then the likelihood of you being able to have the time needed keep earning "may" be affected etc

What do you guys think our government should be doing about making this easier (I'm talking holidays not illegals) angry
Re: What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by Nobody: 12:39am On May 31, 2007
br222:

What do you guys think our government should be doing about making this easier (I'm talking holidays not illegals) angry

why should the government be interested in helping Nigerians emigrate enmasse? Why should foreign countries open their doors to every Tom Dick and Harry? They have enough problems on their hands, we should solve ours without looking for the nearest escape route. the same Nigerians fasting and praying at US embassies are busy calling Bush the worst president of all time. What an irony!
Re: What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by ikamefa(f): 2:24am On May 31, 2007
br222:

Does anyone out there know what the UK visa rejection rate is?

its always been high! and it will continue to be

br222:

what makes you think the new govt will be interested in helping 9jerians to leave the country en-mass?
am sure they are more interested in lining their pockets tongue or creating tax free bank accounts in the Bahamas or France

@topic instead of focusing your time ,scarce-money and energy on how to jand! tongue , focus on starting a business no matter how small "time na money" ma brova wink
Re: What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by azorjiu(m): 3:19pm On May 31, 2007
The visa application process will continue to be made harder until the nigerian government improves our lot here.

Once our system is ok, there will be no reason for these countries to be apprehensive once a nigerian wants to travel abroad.

As things stand now, the impression is that every nigerian granted a visa is on the run. 

And do you blame them? How many nigerians who travel out have the intention of coming back before their visas expire? Less than 10% my brother.
Re: What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by br222: 3:30pm On May 31, 2007
you are on the right track,
but if they make the visa application easy, many people will come here and then go back to their country.

It's because you make something hard people cherish it more and want to stay!

So to benefit our government, if they fought to get the process made easier, I wonder if the barage of successful illegals would then trip back to Nigeria and take with them all their money and the Nigerian government / country becomes better off and the Queen then gets less?
Re: What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 31, 2007
br222:

you are on the right track,
but if they make the visa application easy, many people will come here and then go back to their country.

It's because you make something hard people cherish it more and want to stay!

So to benefit our government, if they fought to get the process made easier, I wonder if the barage of successful illegals would then trip back to Nigeria and take with them all their money and the Nigerian government / country becomes better off and the Queen then gets less?

this is highly illogical. The visa process is more difficult because that is the only control foreign countries have over potential immigrants. Most of those who apply for visas are not planning to return, to claim that if the visa process were made easier would encourage people to go back is wishful thinking.
You forget that most of these coountries do not budget for massive immigration of illegal aliens who end up draining tax payers money.

What our government should be doing is making the environment conducive for her citizens in order to discourage the alarming rate of emigration rather than helping you make obtaining foreign visas easy.
Re: What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by br222: 10:52pm On May 31, 2007
We'll have to agree to disagree, you think the visa system should be made difficult, see if I want to go to the states tomorrow, I'll just buy a ticket, I have a sis who is on here own there and from time to time it helps for her to be around family, it also boosts her productivity in the states.

If I was trying to do the same journey from Nigeria, I'll be so frustrated, my sister may never see family in years and this may indeed affect here productivity.

There is travel happening all over the world, where people go to places to trade, to visit and to holiday, no qualms, why ca a Nigerian not come to Holiday in the UK without people thinking he is not going back, I maintain (and somewhat agree with a bit of your arguement) if the process was easier and yes if Niger was the best place to live, people would come to the West and then return, the solution though is not to keep us from moving to places by puting restrictions on visa applications and giving resons for refusal that are baseless and amount to prejudice.

@davidlyan you wrote, "The visa process is more difficult because that is the only control foreign countries have over potential immigrants. Most of those who apply for visas are not planning to return,"if you have loads of money to burn and hide in the west this rule does not apply, so you see it's not about immigration it's about these countries choosing what they want i.e our doctors and nurses, our rogue politicians and the masses who want to carve a future are restrianed!
Re: What Should The New Government Be Doing To Make Entry Visa Easier by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 31, 2007
@ Br222,

its not as easy as you think. When i was in Nigeria too ii could not understand why Nigerian's had to go through the eye of a needle just to get a 3month visa to the US. Now i've been here for a while i can fully understand why. Have we ever wondered why Europeans dont need visas to come to the US and we do? Is it merely because we are black and they are white?

Demographics show us that people are likely to migrate to centers of economic prosperity and that is exactly why the western world is wary. Imagine if the US suddenly announced that no Nigerian needs a visa to the US, do you know how busy the Lagos airport would be? Millions would literarilyy move to the US with their families in less than a few days.
The Europeans on the other hand are either at par or even far better developed than the US. There is very little incentive for a Frenchman or German to leave his country and move to the US.

Look at Lagos for example. Its so populated the government is too overwhelmed to make any significant difference.

(1) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Umar Yar'adua / What's The Latest On Vision 2010 / Fashola And His Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.