Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,887 members, 7,918,888 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:06 PM

Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo (962 Views)

Wike And Makinde Visit Asiwaju Tinubu In Defence House,Abuja. / Labour Party’s Endorsement Of Makinde In Oyo Raises Controversy / Sunday Japhet: Policeman Arrested For Mocking Buhari, Osinbajo, IGP On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo by sarrki(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
Makinde follow the constitution even though it does not favor you politically. We must all work in making the society a better one

1 Share

Re: Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo by gurunlocker: 8:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
Like they followed constitution in Kwara state which is led by APC and where same thing is happening?
Re: Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo by sarrki(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2020
gurunlocker:
Like they followed constitution in Kwara state which is led by APC and where same thing is happening?

History will remember everyone on our actions and inaction

So doing the right thing is the best
Re: Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo by id911(m): 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
gurunlocker:

The truth is that it's unconstitutional for any State Governor to terminate the tenure of elected Chairmen and Counselors without seeing out their terms. The third tier of government is a constitutional creation and must function independent of their States.

Many States Governors have been going against the law in setting up Caretaker Committee in their respective states but while they are quiet about those of APC and going against Makinde is what I don't understand
Re: Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo by gurunlocker: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
id911:

The truth is that it's unconstitutional for any State Governor to terminate the tenure of elected Chairmen and Counselors without seeing out their terms. Many States Governors have been going against the law in setting up Caretaker Committee in their respective states but while they are quiet about those of APC and going against Makinde is what I don't understand

Yes, I know that... But those governors always do the rubbish of not organising LG election till maybe a year to the end of their tenure in order to do this kangaroo thing..... I just hope sanity can be restored.

Also there should be a law that will ban this free will of cross carpeting after being elected on a platform, like what's happening in Imo state.
Re: Caption This Picture Of Makinde Visit To Igp On The Lg Chairman Debacle In Oyo by id911(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
gurunlocker:

Yes, I know that... But those governors always do the rubbish of not organising LG election till maybe a year to the end of their tenure in order to do this kangaroo thing..... I just hope sanity can be restored.

Also there should be a law that will ban this free will of cross carpeting after being elected on a platform, like what's happening in Imo state.

The law is already there to guide against that, you can only cross carpet to another party only if there's a division in your party else you lose your seat. There's currently no division in PDP at present and so, those lawmakers in Imo State have already violated the law. The problem is that the court, as presently constituted, will still find a way to rule in favor of APC and the lawmakers if you take them to court. Look a what the Supreme Court did in IMO State

(1) (Reply)

Regional Security Outfits May Split Nigeria, Says Gambari / Obasanjo Congratulates Deposed Emir Sanusi. / Fed Govt Didn't Provide 100BN, Beware of Fake News-LAI Mohammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.