Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,815 members, 7,872,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Danger Of Fear - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Danger Of Fear (156 Views)

Electricity Pole Danger In Kaduna Polytechnic (Photos) / Deborah Okezie: ‘My Life In Danger’ – Mother Of Deeper Life Schoolboy / The Danger Of Living Close To A Communication Mast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Danger Of Fear by adexpa(m): 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
FEAR! THE GREATEST WEAPON FOR GREATNESS.

I am very sure every reader will be astonished and dazed to see a topic like this from any sane writer, but I will indulge you to go through the text before passing judgment.
The topic FEAR! THE GREATEST WEAPON FOR GREATNESS came to mind after several thoughts and experiences while been a student of fear.
The greatest south African man to ever lived, Nelson Mandela once said ‘’ Courage is never in the absence of fear, but the ability to conquer’’ which I rephrased to be ‘’ success is never achieved in the absence of fear, but ability to manipulate, maneuver and overcome’’ . No one ever amount super-success without the prefix fear. Sam Adeyemi in one of his book described FEAR as “a defence mechanism that God programmed into us to warm us of danger’’ which to me implies the gift God gave individual to fight battle ahead.

I am very sure everyone will agree with me that it is the fear of failure that makes us prepare ahead our encounters; fear of examination failure makes us read adequately, the fear of broken home makes us prepared ahead by reading books on marriages and also go for cancelling, fear of career failure makes us read books to develop ourselves and get mentors in our career path, and many more.
I am sure with this understanding, we believed fear has a vital role to play in our greatness. Any endeavor embarked on with zero fear never flourishes at best. So, it is the presence of fear that makes us triumph, display and deliver maximally. The presence of fear with super determination to succeed brings about super-success.

The question now is, how do we manage our fear and turn it into weapon of greatness? because It is never possible to kill fear, but we can manage our fears to produce desire results.

Below are few points to manage our fears in order to achieve greatness in our encounters;
1. ADEQUATE PREPARATION: Preparation helps us gain power over our fears.
2. GAIN EXPERIENCE: When we gain moderate experience on whatever we do, we are able to command fear.
3. PRACTICE: We need to practice whatever we do over and over to be in control of it. Practice does not only make perfect but makes permanent.
4. VISUALIZE SUCCESS: Always be seeing success in whatever you do. Never see failure at any point.
5. TAKE OFF PRESSURE: Do not allow pressure to control you. Deal with pressure at all cost.
6. KNOW YOUR STRENGTH: The ability to know your strength helps you in making best use of it in whatever you do.

Finally, wisdom is the attribute of taking adequate and proper time to acquire right information and execute them rightly. The fear you do not conquer kills your career and initiatives, therefore, you must be at all times salivating techniques it will require you to conquer your fear.

Thanks for reading……

(1) (Reply)

Call For Entries To Win NGN 9million / SAP CRM Training At Futurepoint / FAQ On "How To Financially Survive On Campus".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.