Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,873 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? (10597 Views)

Poll: Is David marks appointment good for Nigeria

Yes: 28% (25 votes)
No.: 71% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

APC Congratulates David Mark As Own Candidate, Daniel Onjeh, Protests / Fresh Trouble For David Mark As INEC Card Reader Detects More Ghost Voters / David Mark As A Military Officer (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by IfeanyiO(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2007
when people of high value of sound mind coment on issues of tracesables history, i do my self good to upgrade my status.
Thanks to nairaland for d opportunity.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by mellow(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2007
Waiting ernestly to see what will happen

in the shortest possible time.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by 9ja4eva: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2007
Oh yes.His end is near
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by babasin(m): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2007
David Mark had a controversial history in Nigeria before he fled into exile in 1994 after he fell out of favor with military dictator, Sani Abacha he first fled to Ghana on exile before moving to the UK, while he was in Ghana, General Abacha contacted Jerry Rawlings of Ghana to help him chase down David Mark because he Abacha found out David Mark had stolen so much money from Nigeria but J.J Rawlings replied that he couldn’t do it because if David Mark was mishandled, the Ghanaian economy will feel the impact. It was true, David Mark was traveling with a huge sum of money in Ghana and for a brief period he was the largest dealer in foreign currency in Ghana according to sources in Ghana who witnessed his brief stay in the West African country.

grin cheesy grin

There is your yaradua senate president
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by somze(f): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2007
Lets give Yar'adua a chance, the guy has hardly stayed a week in office. Abeg you guys should wake up. Most parties rigged the elections in their favours but failed. Yar'adua may just be the best candidate. I really dont prefer the other two.

As for Mark, what can i say? Its hard to choose when all of them have their garments stained with corruption.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by 9ja4eva: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2007
Oh well no doubt Yar Adua so far is kinda impressive.

Mark shld be thrown out
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by alanbolo(m): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2007
9ja4eva:

Oh well no doubt Yar Adua so far is kind of impressive.

Mark shld be thrown out
I hear u on these, all d way agreed with u.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by gaburiel(m): 9:55am On Jun 08, 2007
I thing His Excellency President Yar'adua in collaboration with His Excellency, Sentor David Mark should be able to deliver third term to Obasanjo in four years time, or maximum of eight years timefor Obasanjo to come back to contest or else, for once when two elephants fight, the grass will have nothing to suffer
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by angel101(f): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2007
lol!!
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Menyi: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2007
Nairalanders i thank u all for your posts. 1 thing that i'm sure has elluded your thinking is the fact that the era we are talking about was a military era, one which anything said contrary to the will of the C-in-C was seen as mutiny. If his Oga was not comfortable with it. i'm so sure he'll have been sacked, but the other administration even inherited him.

You can call him names and say he was among those that looted money during the military era, but u'll agree with me that since his election into the senate, he has never been fingered in any financila deal. he's name was not mentioned in the " bribe for appointment" saga or the " bribe for budget" saga.

Rather than castigate i'd rather u pray for him to be a leader Nigerians are looking for.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by pterygott(f): 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2007
Nothing is new in Nigeria.I won't be surprised if they appoint Tafa Balogun as minister of finance.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by EPOMA(m): 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2007
You can call him names and say he was among those that looted money during the military era, but u'll agree with me that since his election into the senate, he has never been fingered in any financila deal. he's name was not mentioned in the " bribe for appointment" saga or the " bribe for budget" saga.

Rather than castigate i'd rather u pray for him to be a leader Nigerians are looking for

MENYI , We go ban you from there forum, Abeg who where the people fighting for Obasanjo 3rd term in office,is it not David Mark leading the team , If the ordinary senators go 50million each for 3rd term how much do you think David Mark the ring leader got? The bribe for appointment was 50million as a whole.Get your facts right and anyway he is on his way out.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by seun001(m): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2007
am beginning to wonder if one of nairalanders have seen a leopard change its skin.if u have opportuned to have seen one please inform me.abeg.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by pager(m): 1:29am On Jun 09, 2007
EPOMA:

MENYI , We go ban you from there forum, Abeg who where the people fighting for Obasanjo 3rd term in office,is it not David Mark leading the team , If the ordinary senators go 50million each for 3rd term how much do you think David Mark the ring leader got? The bribe for appointment was 50million as a whole.Get your facts right and anyway he is on his way out.

In your Dreams
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Jerri(f): 1:54am On Jun 09, 2007
Deleted
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by benit(f): 8:22am On Jun 09, 2007
Politics of godfatherism. Ok oh!
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by laudate: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2007
Jerri:

Hey guys, stop hating and wish the new govt luck!

I dnt think Senator Mark was wrong, when he said Telephone isnt meant for the poor, have u taken time out 2 think what the economy was like when this statement was made? To me his outspoken! because No1 nerved up enough to say what they tot. Y dnt we all thank God its different now?

You don't think Senator Mark was wrong, when he said "Telephone isnt meant for the poor??!!" Yikes!   shocked shocked Is there any law, that says phones are meant to be the exclusive preserve of the rich?

Don't you think such an irresponsible statement should have been penalised?

Alright, if he thought telephones were not meant for the poor, what did he do to make phones or functional communication gadgets accessible to the poor, even if ownership of such gadgets, was priced beyond their reach? In a more focused regime, phone booths and call centres are set up to provide the poor with access to communication. Rural telephony is embraced and implemented with vigour, because of the multiplier effects it has on the community.

But what did david Mark do? He made that ridiculous comment and sat down, doing nothing. He was not impressive as a Minister, so it is highly unlikely that he would do anything tangible as a Senate President. Abeg, make una leave matter for Matthias.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by nasara(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2007
why do we still talk about david mark dat man we take us back to the dark days he may even cease d phones of d down trodding masses since telephone belong to d rich
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Iman3(m): 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2007
If you think the new Senate President is a joke,wait till you see the CV of the new Speaker.She is a trained beautician.According to some,a former hairdresser with a Diploma in Law from University of Abuja.As mediocre as you can get
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by comechop(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2007
All I can say is that may God help us in this country. The man has taken power, so there is no point hating, all we can do is pray that he will perform well. Yes, he has a horrible track record, but God can intervene and change things.
God will help us in this country. [i][/i]Things go better,
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by 9ja4eva: 7:18pm On Jun 09, 2007
Na God we all go run to na
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by angel101(f): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2007
@ I - Man
what is the job of a legislator?
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Iman3(m): 1:18am On Jun 10, 2007
angel101:

@ I - Man
what is the job of a legislator?

A legislator (or lawmaker) is a person who writes and passes laws, especially someone who is a member of a legislature. per Wikipedia

Hairdressing doesn't equip you for the above
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by angel101(f): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2007
I-man:

A legislator (or lawmaker) is a person who writes and passes laws, especially someone who is a member of a legislature. per Wikipedia

Hairdressing doesn't equip you for the above

What does? How come then that the requirement for any elective office is attempt at school certificate
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Mamajama(m): 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2007
No I think we need new leaders and fresh non partisan leaders that wont favor their friends and family.  He was part of the problem in the past and should have been excluded.  We keep going around in loop in this country.  the powerful people in Nigeria dictate who rule and who lead us. its a fact.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by chukuoyims(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2007
DAVID MARK DID NOT WIN ANY ELECTION AS SENATOR.
The PDP sponsored elections that took the said David Mark back to the senate was not won by him.The election was widely won by Young Alhaji Abubarkar.David Mark bribed his way back to the senate through that devilish Prof Morris Iwu of Inec.
What had David Done for the Idoma people of Benue State?While the poor masses that elected him when he came back from exile as a fugitive are suffering,without good water to drink,David marks house in the GRA in Otukpo has all the facilities that only the rich can afford.Why didnt he attend his fathers burial,b/cos he is corrupt and Abacha chased him to exile.
Why are his  late fathers wives selling firewood on the road in forn t of his fathers house in otukpo as a means of livelihood when they have some one like him.The  Idoma race is ashamed and do not think that he is a good choice after all.Only the prostitutes and former military colleagues are those benefiting from him.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by chukuoyims(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2007
winkHe was not in the Rat race before but he used his PDP power connection to overturn the INEC results of Benue People for his selfish ends.The means will justify the end.It will be impeachment galore for north central people.
He is a crook
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by seun001(m): 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2007
how person go keep quiet wen u can see we are heading for the pit.it is very wrong to chose david mark for the presidency abi is it until he start to the heat up the polity we go start to dey shout.abeg this guy no b am at all.
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by 9ja4eva: 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2007
chukuoyims:

DAVID MARK DID NOT WIN ANY ELECTION AS SENATOR.
The PDP sponsored elections that took the said David Mark back to the senate was not won by him.The election was widely won by Young Alhaji Abubarkar.David Mark bribed his way back to the senate through that devilish Prof Morris Iwu of Inec.
What had David Done for the Idoma people of Benue State?While the poor masses that elected him when he came back from exile as a fugitive are suffering,without good water to drink,David marks house in the GRA in Otukpo has all the facilities that only the rich can afford.Why didnt he attend his fathers burial,b/because he is corrupt and Abacha chased him to exile.
Why are his late fathers wives selling firewood on the road in forn t of his fathers house in otukpo as a means of livelihood when they have some one like him.The Idoma race is ashamed and do not think that he is a good choice after all.Only the prostitutes and former military colleagues are those benefiting from him.

God will listen to d cry of d masses and push him out for us
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by Jerri(f): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2007
Deleted
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by owinash(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2007
well all we canm say is that the man called david mark is very  unfit man to run that position and the man is man that is very wicked, greedy and above all he is an enemy of progress, who likes himself and his family, as for the rest of the people of that state, they are trash!
This is a man  that through out his entire tenure his people can nto testify of his good deeds throughout his tenure. no dividends of democracy
Re: David Mark As New Senate President: A Joke? by sexyella: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2007
We need a Revolution In Nigeria,and unless we wake up and fight for our rights, The Old Thieves' ll continue taking Nigerians for a Ride,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Take Over Power Stations Nationwide / Apc’s Abubakar Wins Bauchi Governorship Election / 2019: ANN Vows To Retire Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.