Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,176 members, 7,887,416 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:37 AM

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria - Properties (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria (373284 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / What Is The Cost Of Building A 4 Flat House In Ikorodu / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by adimsyl: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
hi. cost of pluming materials, scaffolding, roof and labour can be reduced.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lexon123:
Greetings my brothers, I got this estimates from an Architect. The image of the house is shown bellow. The location is in Aba Abia state. I would like to get some advice. I'm thinking the estimate is too high.
I doubt. That price to finishing, maybe he his going to apply some magic.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by adimsyl: 11:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lexon123:
Greetings my brothers, I got this estimates from an Architect. The image of the house is shown bellow. The location is in Aba Abia state. I would like to get some advice. I'm thinking the estimate is too high.
If am to get you correctly, I think the guys price is not bad that is if the job don't end up at roofing level.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 10:15am On Jul 08, 2015
I do not know the type of foundation you wish do but have this price in mind yourself
Estimate
8,000blocks
900Bags of Cement(You may need to buy more)
8tons of Iron rod.
3.5Trips of 30tons Granite(If you are not doing Raft Foundation) If complete
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by me3000(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
can anyone help me to calculate the cost or what it or need to deck two flat of 3 bed room and 2 bed room in mowe the length are 39.86ft by 76.853ft that's what is on the drawing plan pls help me through on what it will cost for the decking. Rod, wood, sand, cement etc
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by KolaShangOne(m): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
Shidex Global Services.. contact me for your buiding construction, site supervision, equipment leasing, building materials supply, block production on site, Roof trusses, landscaping etc.. 08142364445. whatsapp- 07038935532
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by me3000(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
can you give me a quote
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by fendorf(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
me3000:
can anyone help me to calculate the cost or what it or need to deck two flat of 3 bed room and 2 bed room in mowe the length are 39.86ft by 76.853ft that's what is on the drawing plan pls help me through on what it will cost for the decking. Rod, wood, sand, cement etc
contact us for your Granite and sharpsand 07064696356
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2015
[size=18pt]GRANITE Latest Price List[/size]
Starting from 1st September, 2015

Stone Dust = N700/ton
Stone Base =N1,800/ton
1/2 inch Granite =N2,300/ton
3/4 Granite = N2,300/ton
5/8(3/4Down) = N2,500/ton

Note: Transportation fee excluded

Mgt: Chekitaut Nig & Co.
Tel: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565, 08098055224

...Beyond IMAGINATION
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by thaqib(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
Doesn't my bricklayer wants to milk me by asking for 180k as workmanship alone for the foundation of a 4 bedroom flat ensuit plus 2 self/parlor self contain around mowe? He s using just 1800 blocks o...
He said he would pay diggers, bla bla bla...
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
thaqib:
Doesn't my bricklayer wants to milk me by asking for 180k as workmanship alone for the foundation of a 4 bedroom flat ensuit plus 2 self/parlor self contain around mowe? He s using just 1800 blocks o...
He said he would pay diggers, bla bla bla...
Consult segzy14
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chekitaut:
Consult segzy14

oga, i see u.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by thaqib(m): 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
Sir, segzy, wetin u think.....
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Greybond: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2015
blackedwin:
Hello Everyone,please i need expert advice on the best type/size of blocks for a 4 bedroom duplex and possibly how many to mold per bag of cement.

Regards
Edwin

Better if you use 230mm blocks in the ground floor....and if you can have a good frame first, standard one, u can use 180mm blocks for the external walls and 150 for partition walls..
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by ijedallar: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2015
another determining factor in building a house the lication ie the state and town that will enable one give you the exact figure is not difficult .waiting for you on that
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by justt: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
Please how much do you think can finish a four bedroom flat in AKure (excluding the cost of the land)?

I will appreciate it if you can include the breakdown of the estimates of various cost that will be incurred
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by KolaShangOne(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2015
justt:
Please how much do you think can finish a four bedroom flat in AKure (excluding the cost of the land)?

I will appreciate it if you can include the breakdown of the estimates of various cost that will be incurred
Double post
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by KolaShangOne(m): 10:44am On Oct 21, 2015
justt:

German floor inclusive, no elaborate design.. Keep 4 to 4.5million
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Chekitaut: 1:48am On Nov 21, 2015
From the desk of Chekitaut:
Count on us for the best Quantity, Quality, Affordable price of Granite.

Island, V.I, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah(Roundabout)
30Tons Granite=N140,000

Call Now: 08055545355,08032887233
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by lafolabi(m): 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
etunoman76:
@ese1985, i am building a 4 bedroom duplex here in Abuja and the estimate is about N20m. Like most people have posted in here, it'll really depend mostly on the nature of the soil, the area the site is situated, access to site, ur taste, the time u want it completed and so many other factors
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by lafolabi(m): 11:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
You are very correct sir, depend on the contractor.
I'm a builder/ contractor I use granite and stone dust for concreting. Instead of granite and sharp sand.
The kind of taste you have for building,the land and the contractor work quality.determine the Estimate or quotation.thanks
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by lafolabi(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nice one
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by okc75: 2:51am On Jan 24, 2016
Ground floor 1 parlour 1 bedroom kitchen and toilet
First floor 3 bedroom with 1 toilet and shower

Please give me estimate price with the design in picture. Thank you

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by eghosajohnny: 10:13am On Jan 24, 2016
Sir,firstly where's the location,if the location is in ajah lagos it will cost 6.3m to roof level without parapet or roofing why outside ajah will be 5.8m to roof level

You call. 07014709098,07031886484
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by olumide4christ: 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
okc75:
Ground floor 1 parlour 1 bedroom kitchen and toilet
First floor 3 bedroom with 1 toilet and shower

Please give me estimate price with the design in picture. Thank you

@okc75,

[color=#000099][b]Sir, Nobody and I repeat nobody can accurately give you an estimate of a building of which you only have a 3D. You need to get an architectural drawing and structural drawing (since its a storey building). After that, you can then consult a Quantity Surveyor to prepare an estimate for you which would tell you in accurate terms what it will cost you to erect this building.

NOTE- A Quantity Surveyor is a professional in the construction industry who is an expert in costs of building and civil engineering projects.

Aside from the drawings mentioned above, some other important information that the Quantity Surveyor would need to prepare an accurate estimate is :
- Location of your project (location affects costs of projects a lot)
- The procurement method (direct labour, traditional, design and build, labour only, etc) you wish to use in constructing the building
- The kind of foundation to be constructed

You can visit my thread listed below to learn more on how Quantity Surveyors can help you in your projects and also make contacts if you need further help
[/b]
[/color]
https://www.nairaland.com/2836058/talk-quantity-surveyors-construction-costs
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by ShineGrace(m): 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'm planning to erect a house on a piece of land I bought recently. Can someone be kind enough to tell me how many well strong concrete blocks a bag of 50kg cement can produce?
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by babamajor: 2:29am On Feb 10, 2016
Its a good thing that you have decided to own a house its a right step in d right direction so dont be discourage but be mindful of how u go about it or else people wil make u regret your decision.
Am based in america too nd i av bein investin in properties too in naija for my future too but the advise that i wil giv you is dont trow too much money same time to people in charge or else they wil turn u to an ATM machine. The aproach that i choose is 2million to do deckin nd german floor after givin u quotation for d project jus let dem realise that you hav d 2million presently that how much wil german floor alone wil cost nd if they say 900k, tel dem that is what u can afford now so let them do that nd make sure you hav somone u trust to go see it that they did it nd after 1mont let dem realise that u are tinkin of borowing 1.1million frm d freind so that they can do d german floor.
Wit that aproach they cant determine ur financial status nd they wil do wat u wil like cus u wil tel them frm beginin that if they do anything that is not up to standard that u wil send dem away nd bring another set of people.
Wait for anoda 2monts by telin them that u are stil tryin to save some money again so that they can start block settings. Wit this approach they wil see u as somone stil struglin aboard nd u wil get value for ur money but if u make mistake of trowing millions at once they more u send d money they inflat prices to get more money frm you cus they wil beliv that u av so much money to spend on d project.
Even ur family that wil be handling d project for u dont giv them too much money to hold cus they too wil be teling u to let them do d job on time nd in d process put presure on u.
Lastly avoid paying cash let all money that wil be paid go through banking operation like d builders let them giv their bank account so that if u authorize any payment d money wil be transfer frm one acount to them so that an evident incase they fail to perfom nd u need to deal wit them.
But like somone said earlier be prepared to spend more than somone in naija but always try to av an idea of wat are about to do cost wit that u wil av an idea of how much u can aford to spend on it once they giv u quotations.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by babamajor: 2:39am On Feb 10, 2016
Pls sir wat part of ikorodu are u talkin about cus it seems d land is stil cheap nd u said its a developin area
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by babamajor: 2:47am On Feb 10, 2016
Becareful of those land vendors in lekki o, am based in america too last year i was calling them too to get a land they wil tel u they hav all documents ready for d land nd after payin story wil change to we are stil processin nd its wil be out anytime frm now whereas its a lie.
They though i wil send money but i sent a lawyer friend a a surveyor nd its then they cant produce all wat they advitise nd guess wat u cant get ur money back but if u see one wit a genuine documents nd after comfaming then u can buy but av an idea of how much land cost in that particular area befo u pay them.

Hello Guys,

I need your help - I am Yankee base and in the process of venturing into Naija real estate market. I recently got a quote for a plot (960 sqm) of Land in Lekki Phase 2 for 7.5 M Naira. Is this price reasonable for that area, I have heard a lot of stories of non naija base being reaped off by family members supervising their real estate projects? I am just trying to minimize my risk. Thanks a lot GURUS
[/quote]
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by babamajor: 2:52am On Feb 10, 2016
Anyway its another way of reaping people of so since u av paid for d land u av no choice but to pay them but u cant do some agidi mabe u can get a discount but incase of next time let them tel u all hiding chargez befo u pay for any land nd if they said non let them put it in writin befo u comit any money to them.
Re: Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria by Nbg4real: 11:09am On Feb 11, 2016
pls help me with cost of decking my house attached here is the architectural design. it has 23pullars

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

BRICKS,BRICK,BRICK TILES,BURNT BRICKS,RED BRICKS,FOR SALE IN NIGERIA. ✯✯✯✯✯ ☸☸ / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex / Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.