Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,681 members, 7,898,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:32 PM

Former Minister Of Culture And Tourism Picks Apga Guber Form: Ebonyi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Minister Of Culture And Tourism Picks Apga Guber Form: Ebonyi State (921 Views)

‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / Nasarawa APGA Guber Candidate, Labaran Maku Canvasses Support For Jonathan / Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Minister Of Culture And Tourism Picks Apga Guber Form: Ebonyi State by chyz(m): 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
[size=18pt]Ogbuewu picks APGA guber form for N5.5m[/size]

News Dec 9, 2010

By Chris Ochayi

Former Minister of Culture and Tourism, Ambassador Frank Ogbuewu, Thursday, picked the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, nomination and expression of interest forms at N5.5 million to run for the governorship election in Ebonyi State in 2011.

Ambassador Ogbuewu, who stormed APGA’s national secretariat, alongside supporters and associates, declared during the ceremony that his mission to govern the state was to rescue it and its people from abject poverty created by the misrule of the incumbent administration in the state.

The former Nigerian Ambassador to Greece dismissed current governor Martins Elechi, saying he had failed to improve on the lives of the people.

According to him, Governor Elechi failed to provide basic dividends of democracy to the people and has allowed virtually all basic infrastructure to collapse, especially health and educational sectors.

He said: “Martins Elechi has not performed well in all ramifications - health, education, road network, security, agriculture, completion of projects inherited from previous administrations, housing, etc.

“I intend to, therefore, improve on the economy of Ebonyi State by taking a critical look and review of the internally generated revenue and do what is right in that direction. Today, it is not the case but I think we need to start by providing the basic things we need to put in place.

“As of now, I don’t see the state government being able to pay living wage to the people of the state. Virtually everything has collapsed nothing works in the state the state is in comatose, there is paralysis. The people of Ebonyi are even willing to pay their taxes but government is not willing to provide basic facilities for them.

“The difference I will bring into the state if elected are legion. I will improve on a lot of things like health. Ebonyi State is in shambles as far as health is concerned right now. The Teaching Hospital in Ebonyi State used to be a reference hospital, but now, it is a shadow of its former self.

“All the consultants have abandoned the place. Today, we don’t have any good, functional hospital in Ebonyi State, except the Federal Medical Centre, which is too bad.

“Education is another sorry state. The state university has closed down long ago and all their good lecturers have been running away. The primary and secondary schools are not in good state also. The entire education sector is nothing to write home about.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/ogbuewu-picks-apga-guber-form-for-n5-5m/
Re: Former Minister Of Culture And Tourism Picks Apga Guber Form: Ebonyi State by Blazay(m): 11:24pm On Dec 10, 2010
. . .And the saga continues.
Re: Former Minister Of Culture And Tourism Picks Apga Guber Form: Ebonyi State by chyz(m): 11:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
Ebonyi are not for Elechi. There is no way he can win that state without rigging and if he rigs i hope it will bring war to the Ebonyi state government until the guy is forced out of the seat.Riot, riot, riot. APGA has the perfect opportunity now in the SE with all of the PDP infighting.They better not miss there chance. Ogbuewu is a real good look for APGA. The APGA need to attack Abia hard.We all no there is no way in hell Abians are going to vote that man back into power.They need to start clamoring now. Enugu PDP is going down by the day and its starting to look like Chime will opt out because of Nwodo. It is best he goes to APGA(which is most likely).The people will definitely vote him back and that is for sure.

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Won’t Get My Vote / Jonathan Asks Minister To Resign Over Corruption / The Nigeria Tigers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.